Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omni-plex vs The Eye

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Again, two words, Ruby Tuesday. Was at the Dark Knight last night in the eye, and as much as i love the place and very very rarely go to the omniplex, i have noticed the sound kinda quiet in screen8. been to see Mama Mia, Wall.e and The Dark Knight in the past two weeks and have noticed it and have pointed it out to the people Im with and theyve acknowledged it. said to to staff too. i just always remember being almost encapsulated by noise,whereas i have been able to hear chit chat from the people behind me during noisy bits..i def think theyve lowered the sound and to be honest it makes me reconsider going to screen8 again..

Just out of Screen 8 since Midnight to see Dark Knight and the sound is proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Every seems fine but did you know think it was a little quiet? must be just me then;-)

Seemed sound to me.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Oh now i am worried .well regardless of the sound, it's the Eye for me over the other place:-D

EYE for everybody!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

Its got to be the eye better popcorn...Its all about the Popcorn.

What exactly makes screen7 in the eye so great? what is different? Me and my cheap student friends always wonder but never venture as i can't see what the big deal is.

What exactly makes screen7 in the eye so great? what is different? Me and my cheap student friends always wonder but never venture as i can't see what the big deal is.

Leather seats comfy as hell and twice the size of a regular seat and a big divider between seats to put your drinks etc. LUXURY.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Went to the omni plex to see Dark Knight last night and it was actually quite a nice cinema!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nycman

Eye all the way

Eye Eye Captain:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Had my arm twisted to go and see Hancock in the Eye.

It was on in screen 5 'the art house' screen. It must be the smallest 'cinema' screen in Ireland.

Having paid 26 euro for 2 tickets & popcorn & a drink I REALLY felt ripped off. If I had hired a DVD & sat close to my telly I'd have had a better 'cinema' experience! Us Irish will put up with anything!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

pencil wrote: »
    Had my arm twisted to go and see Hancock in the Eye.

It was on in screen 5 'the art house' screen. It must be the smallest 'cinema' screen in Ireland.

Having paid 26 euro for 2 tickets & popcorn & a drink I REALLY felt ripped off. If I had hired a DVD & sat close to my telly I'd have had a better 'cinema' experience! Us Irish will put up with anything!

€26 you say? That's cheap for what you got there :eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

I like the eye except it doesn't have a small screen outside stating what movie is playing in it. You can't sneak into another movie like the omni plex.

lisajane wrote: »
    I like the eye except it doesn't have a small screen outside stating what movie is playing in it. You can't sneak into another movie like the omni plex.

Down with that sort of thing.

padi89 wrote: »
    €26 you say? That's cheap for what you got there :eek:.

I don't think so... them are celtic tiger prices - I'd pay that no problem if I was getting a PROPER cinema experiance put that 'arthouse screen' is a fu@kin joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

The other answer hit most of the benefits. There's more!

The slope is very good also. It would be almost impossible to have your view blocked by someone in the seat below you.

And there are separate toilets for audience in 7.

You can also rent out 7 if there is a large group who want to have the cinema to themselve. I think it holds about 40.

I have found it to be kept cleaner than the others. Maybe that has something to do with the type of person who uses it or maybe it is just easier to maintain.

Overall, I find it a much better experience and probably worth the difference.

The other answer hit most of the benefits. There's more!

The slope is very good also. It would be almost impossible to have your view blocked by someone in the seat below you.

And there are separate toilets for audience in 7.

You can also rent out 7 if there is a large group who want to have the cinema to themselve. I think it holds about 40.

I have found it to be kept cleaner than the others. Maybe that has something to do with the type of person who uses it or maybe it is just easier to maintain.

Overall, I find it a much better experience and probably worth the difference.

Man you sure do have a hard-on for the eye cinema :rolleyes: could you get any more sexually excited about a generic cinema?

There is nothing special about the Eye Cinema, its just another generic run of the mill pricey cinema, with some rather small screens. Nothing to get excited about.

This thread has all the hallmarks of an fake grass roots viral marketing campaign - way to many people way to excited about nothing!

Maybe it's just me... maybe I'm just a grumpy old suspicious git, but to my eyes this whole thread smells fishy - read the post above this a again!

pencil wrote: »
    Man you sure do have a hard-on for the eye cinema :rolleyes: could you get any more sexually excited about a generic cinema?

There is nothing special about the Eye Cinema, its just another generic run of the mill pricey cinema, with some rather small screens. Nothing to get excited about.

This thread has all the hallmarks of an fake grass roots viral marketing campaign - way to many people way to excited about nothing!

Maybe it's just me... maybe I'm just a grumpy old suspicious git, but to my eyes this whole thread smells fishy - read the post above this a again!

What a crock of sh1te, the people like the EYE simple as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Yeah, prefer the Eye cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

The Omniplex on Headford road, screen One. Sit close enough to the back and you get a light show on the seat back in front of you...whats that all about?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nycman

The Omniplex sucks Donkey balls:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement