Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Online car insurance

Options
  • 12-07-2008 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a company that does instant online car insurance?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

quinn does not want to quote me online
    The online quote system is not able to provide you with a quote
    Please call out Contact Centre on 0845-850-0845(UK) or 1890-89-1890(ROI)
    We need to confirm some of your details over the telephone, so please call us to complete your quote
    Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 8am - 7pm & Saturday 9:30 - 4pm

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What kind of car did did they turn you down on? Have you a full licence and if so, for how long?

03 mazda 6, full licence for 12 years, although first time getting insured in Ireland...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Hmmm. Is it an RoI licence?
    I can't see the system making the decision based on your choice of car so presumably its to do with your licence situation somehow.

EU licence, but I could get quotes previously on the same, it's just now it's not working.

I also put in 'resident since birth', makes no difference. Is it working for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

rocky wrote: »
    quinn does not want to quote me online

hat happens sometimes at night - maintenance or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

bestquote.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

Try Brittoninsurance.ie

They seem to provide cheap and good quotes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

rocky wrote: »
    03 mazda 6, full licence for 12 years, although first time getting insured in Ireland...

If you havent been living in Ireland for at least 6years i think, the online system wont quote you, and you have to ring in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I always get told i need an Irish licence to have insurance here in Ireland. I have full UK licence. I always ask to speak to supervisor and state that I have legal right to drive with a valid EU licence and always get insurance in the end. Ive just got a quote off bestquote.ie and bloody hell shaved 180e off my current renewal quote from tesco of 482 on a 04 1.6 Alfa romeo 156. Just got a quote of 301e fully comp with bestquote.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 36 T-max

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jimmybobby

if you type car insurance into google, there are any amount of insurers quoting online - www.easyquote.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've never been able to get a quote online. They're all rubbish. I just look up the number and phone them. If I'm going to waste my time I might as well get someone else to do the typing while I scratch my 'nads........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

I've never been able to get a quote online. They're all rubbish. I just look up the number and phone them. If I'm going to waste my time I might as well get someone else to do the typing while I scratch my 'nads........

Rofl, that's a good point.

I pretty much can never get a quote online - Ringing is a must, especially if you're a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Vertakill wrote: »
    Rofl, that's a good point.

I pretty much can never get a quote online - Ringing is a must, especially if you're a guy.

What are you driving ? A formula1 car ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

m_stan wrote: »
    What are you driving ? A formula1 car ?

Like the minority here, he is likely driving something other than a 1.6 Avensis.. Nothing with big engines (sporty or not) gets quotes online other than XS Direct.

Advertisement