Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labret piercing help - problem with disc

Options
  • 12-07-2008 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got a labret piercing last week. The swelling and pain have completely gone but i find that often, the disc is embedding itself slightly on the inside. Is this normal? Do i need a bigger disc?

As far as i can see, it's not that the hole is wider on the inside but i have a small flap of healing tissue still there from the actual piercing and maybe this is the cause? The disc is tending to slide under this and i have to keep pushing it back out.

This is my first piercing so i have no idea of normal healing procedures etc...I'll attach some pics, the third one shows the problem - it looks like infected skin it's not, just a dead flap of skin and it's this flap the disc is slipping under. I had pretty bad swelling the first 2 days so that's probably where it came from.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Simple answer - get a longer labret post. that will stop all the problems dead in their tracks. Same thing happened to me. Go to your piercer. Show them the issue and they will give you a longer piece of jewelry. Happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Cheers Wilburt, i'll look into that. I got the piercing done in Belgium so i will drop into a studio in the Dublin and let one of the guys look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Try using a straight nipple bar, thats what I did when i had it done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

the barbell will rub off the teeth though, standard labret posts are flat at the end for exactly that reason, to avoid rubbing off gums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

weren't a bar bell, was a straight one, no curve, plus the inside ball was 3mm i think. I never had a problem with it rubbing off my gums at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Just don't get one too long or you will end up hooking it on your teeth.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

weren't a bar bell, was a straight one, no curve, plus the inside ball was 3mm i think. I never had a problem with it rubbing off my gums at all

There are two different types of barbell - straight and curved!

to the OP - I've found that the labret post will make a li'l bed if you will for the itself, only a teeny indent though. Head to a piercing studio and they should be able to sort you out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Cheers for the replys. Yeah i'm going to try make it to a studio during the week. I thin i will stick with a flat back because i wouldn't risk the gum/tooth damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i had a float back and it still rubbed off a nice big chunk of my gum.had to take it out in the end:(

Advertisement