Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting furniture!!

• 12-07-2008 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend anywhere in Waterford to buy good quality bedroom and living room furniture? :confused:

Other than Argos! :D:D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Charlies comes recommended... Cant think of anywhere else of the top of my head..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭odie2020

I have used Instore a lot. I found them great and not as expensive as you might think..

I have bought off Arramount .. which was a complete disaster..

Charlies??? does he still have a shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Upthedeise07

odie2020 wrote: »
    I have used Instore a lot. I found them great and not as expensive as you might think..

I have bought off Arramount .. which was a complete disaster..

Charlies??? does he still have a shop?

Where's Charlies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭durrus

Sienna Furniture on the Tramore Road Business Park is probably the best furniture store in the city. If you want cheap, look somewhere else, if you want quality, this is the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Where's Charlies?

Is he on the same industrial Estate as the NCT center?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

charlies is on bridge street. not vry good imo.

I kitted out my house last year with furniture from Nickys (beside curves on the north industrial estate). Great stuff and he was very willing to give a decent reduction for cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

The Front Room. Bit expensive but the quality is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Ritz Interiors, behind old Smyths shop, think it's Tony Burke on the new outer ring road off the 6 roads roundabout, might be worth having a look at the place in the Riverstown Industial park in Tramore, I haven't been but just thinking of places I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Shaws still do furniture. What's that place on Bridge street

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Phsyche

Sully wrote: »
    Charlies comes recommended...

Bought sets of furniture from them two years ago. Everything's falling apart now.

Instore is great.

Littlewoods do good offers if you're willing to wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

deisemum wrote: »
    Ritz Interiors, behind old Smyths shop, think it's Tony Burke on the new outer ring road off the 6 roads roundabout, might be worth having a look at the place in the Riverstown Industial park in Tramore, I haven't been but just thinking of places I've seen.

tony burkes is ez living, just off 6 roads roundabout, i got some good bedroom furniture there this week, next day delivery, and he has a sale on at the moment

Has anyone bought from here? :cool:

I know its really expensive :D but they have a sale now! :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I've bough furniture from Instore, Front Room, Chateau Maison and Sienna.. all very good quality furniture and would recommend them all.. not the place to go if you want a cheap bit of furniture though you may be lucky to get a very nice piece or two in sales in any of them.

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭jaxy999

I bought a leather 3piece suite from Larry O Keefe in Clonmel earlier this week. It was €2400 & we got it for €1200.:D It's an end of line suite, so that's why it is reduced by so much, so they say anyway, but I don't mind coz it's in perfect condition & a beautiful rich dark brown & the leather is good & thick! He'll deliver to waterford aswell. It's the denver suite

http://www.larryokeeffe.com/leatherfurniture.asp

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Instore is ok, their stock is ****e though imho
    But ok in general

I know it's a little way out but Rosedale Furniture in Mooncoin seem to be having a closing down sale. I haven't been in yet so I don't know what's on offer.

trishw78 wrote: »
    I know it's a little way out but Rosedale Furniture in Mooncoin seem to be having a closing down sale. I haven't been in yet so I don't know what's on offer.

Went over this morning, only 10% off most things :(

that's a bit disapointing no point in me going in then for a nosey around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

they'll probably open up again under a new name. it happens alot with a few places. i think the place down by the park might be closing aswell. the likes of arramount is now opening up as greenwood furtinure.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Got wardrobe and chest of drawers in Rosedale today. 20% off chest of drawers and 10% off wardrobe but he knocked €15 off to bring it to €300. is sorting me out with a box thingy for foot of bed as well. Well worth a look, even just to chance your arm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement