Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can someone give advice??

• 12-07-2008 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

hey, well after being overweight for my whole life i decided three years ago to lose weight, in that last three years on and off i lost three stone and now need an extra push to lose the last 7lbs...was wondering if somebody can give me a bit of guidance on my diet??for the last week this has been my diet...

Breakfast:
    A boiled egg
    OR
    a banana and an apple

Lunch:
    Lettuce,cucumber,sweetcorn,tomato and a slice of turkey and some grapes
    OR
    A small portion of home made vegetable soup and some grapes

Dinner:
    Steamed cod or salmon,loads of veg and an apple or a few strawberries for dessert

I drink two litres of water a day and dont really snack apart from a handful of grapes whenever i get a sugar craving that i cant handle!!

Would really appreciate some advice and also would low fat organic natural yoghurt be ok??i love natural yoghurt and would like to include some calcium in my diet!!

thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

Wow, you eat so little! Aren't you hungry all the time? I couldn't survive on 1 egg for breakfast.

Well done on the weight loss, tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Doesn't sound like nearly enough food. What are your stats, and how much does that add up to?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Don't eat so little for breakfast. There's nothing wrong with eating the yogurt. What portion sizes do you have? What is 'loads'? Does your diet vary much? Make sure you get everything you need from what you eat and work out the calories taken in by what you eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Intothesea

Hello there. If you're eating for health and not just weight-loss
    adding some wholegrains and a few nuts wouldn't be a bad idea.
    If you're eating just what's presented here your metabolism is
    bound to be slowed, resulting in a bigger proportion of your
    calorie intake being stored as fat, slowing down weight-loss
    and creating sugar cravings between meals. It looks as though
    you might be eating a good variety/combination of foods only
    at dinner. Do you remember the 'breakfast like a king, lunch like
    a prince, dine like a pauper' line? - it's not a bad plan. Higher GI
    foods in the morning to power you for the day's demands and
    lower in the evening is a way to put this into action. Eating 5 or
    6 times a day will stimulate your metabolism and create less
    of a need for simple sugars (fruits). I'd change the snacks
    to protein, with or without some high-quality (complex) carbs.

Low-fat natural yoghurt containing live cultures is an excellent
    idea. As a high-protein food it will lower the effective GI of any
    fruit (carbohydrate) you have. For this to be effective, mix the
    fruit and yoghurt in at least equal proportions (if anything,
    increase the yoghurt-level). It's also good for a snack on its
    own.

http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/natural-weight-loss-food-nonfat-yogurt-ga.htm

Weight-loss creates relatively better conditions within the
    body but is not a comprehensive indicator of health. Maybe a
    trip to a dietician would be a good idea? Good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I agree that you seem to be eating very little and tiny portion sizes could mean that your metabolism has slowed down.

As others have said, introduce natural yoghurt, nuts, seeds etc into your diet.You should start having a snack between meals - some fruit or some nuts or an oatcake with a little cheese.

Are you exercising regularly? I'd say increase your portions slightly, start snacking on healthy foods and get active. You should see a change in your weight within a month or two by doing this.

Also, as someone else said, if you're really not sure maybe consult a dietician.

• Advertisement
Advertisement