Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick your own fruits farm around Dublin?

Options
  • 12-07-2008 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know any pick your own fruits farms around Dublin? I'm interested in getting of strawberries/blueberries/apples.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I've never ficked fruit :confused:, but there's one at the top of Ballychorus Road (near Palmers (Shankill/Kilternan)) here. Cherries, Strawberries, Raspberries, as far as I remember.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

On the north side there's Jones' Fruit Farm in Donabate.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ning

Thanks for the replies. The title is obviously "pick" not "fick" but I cannot edit it to fix the typo :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Ning wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. The title is obviously "pick" not "fick" but I cannot edit it to fix the typo :confused:
    We get the point. I was just being overly pedantic. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

I was just being overly pedantic. :p

Yes, we noticed that. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Lambert's fruit farm in Rathfarnham!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

If you go back to your original post, click Edit, then Go Advanced, you'll get the option to edit the title and stop people taking the urine ;):)

If you go back to your original post, click Edit, then Go Advanced, you'll get the option to edit the title and stop people taking the urine ;):)

Done :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

On the north side there's Jones' Fruit Farm in Donabate.

Can you tell me where this is? Dying to make my own raspberry jam.

If you go north of Swords on the M1, I think it's the 2nd roundabout (it's well signposted)take the Donabate exit. The fruit farm isn't far along the road on the right hand side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

The fruit farm isn't far along the road on the right hand side.

Beauty. That's the bit I was looking for. :) Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I used to go to to Jones' by Donabate all the time as a kid, I love the place!

If you go north of Swords on the M1, I think it's the 2nd roundabout (it's well signposted)take the Donabate exit. The fruit farm isn't far along the road on the right hand side.

I did not manage to find it. I've seen a "Jones Garden Center" on the road to Donabate, is it related to the farm?

I did not manage to find it. I've seen a "Jones Garden Center" on the road to Donabate, is it related to the farm?

Yes I think it's attached - actually I just googled it and it IS attached. What a pity you didn't go in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

How does it work? Do you pay by weight for what you pick? Is it cheap?

You pay by the weight but I'm not sure what it costs - you should phone ahead and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Note also that they don't weigh you before and after, so if a strawberry or two happen to fall into your open mouth, nobody will be any the wiser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 plumax

Hi, does anyone know any pick your own fruits farms around Dublin? I'm interested in getting of strawberries/blueberries/apples.

Thanks.
    • Arnold Fruit Farm - Pick Your Own Fruit - Note: I've heard they closed in 2000, but I can't confirm.
      Corduff Lusk, Co Dublin. Tel No 01 843 8554 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 01 843 8554 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
    • Lamberts Fruit Farm - raspberries, strawberries, tayberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants and gooseberries
      Cruagh lane, Rathfarnham. Tel: 01-4939896 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 01-4939896 end_of_the_skype_highlighting. Open:to the public from end June – early August on Saturdays, Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays , weather permitting.
    • Green Berry Farm - strawberries raspberries logan berries gooseberries and blackcurrants
      about 4 miles outside Gorey. Pick your own or buy them picked. .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Anybody know any places still doing this? North Dublin preferably. Used to do it loads in Englad but it doesnt seem to be as popular here.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Not in North Dublin according to this thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement