Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good free disk defragmenter

• 12-07-2008 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Any good free disk defragmenters out there, preferably one that showed you how fragmented your disk is and shows you it being defragged

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

start
    programs
    Accessories
    System Tools
    Disk Defragmenter

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

ROFL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

JkDefragGUI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I know windows comes with one but it's not the best is it , you can't see whats going on, thanks Sherifu I'll try that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

mukki wrote: »
    start
    programs
    Accessories
    System Tools
    Disk Defragmenter

used on both XP and vista, but like the OP said, wnated to see it being defragmented, XP showed you the progress, i cant see the progress on vista, unless i'm doing something wong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Auslogics Disk Defrag is another one worth a mention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Try this http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html?Str=download

I have used it as an alternative to the built in defrag. It has an option to defrag your Hd when CPU usage is below x%. However this might be a bit of overkill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

MooseJam wrote: »
    I know windows comes with one but it's not the best is it , you can't see whats going on, thanks Sherifu I'll try that

that my friend..... was a joke, :P , think the pyramide affect of my post kinda adds too it

i use a pirate of perfect disk, very good, but not free

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Sherifu wrote: »
    JkDefragGUI
    Another jkdefraggui user here. Excellent piece of software. Just ensure that you are using the latest version of jkdefrag.

note jkdefrag != jkdefraggui

The gui is only a wrapper which makes it look nice :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

i use a pirate of perfect disk, very good, but not free

+1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    +1
    Is that a +1 for piracy or perfect disk? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I use AusLogic Disk Defrag

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ttc028

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

mike65 wrote: »
    I use AusLogic Disk Defrag

Mike.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

start
    programs
    Accessories
    System Tools
    Disk Defragmenter

I miss XP for some of the itsy bitsy little things.... but seriously, vista defrag dropped the progress bar. Dont know what they were thinking.

Also Defraggler is handy for defragging single files..

Dont bother installing tho.. Just extract the installer and use it as an exe with no install.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Is that a +1 for piracy or perfect disk? :P

Both :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Also Defraggler is handy

Stay Away from my Fraggles!!!

Gobo_Fraggle.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 labrinth

Diskeeper, chose it because of the great GUI and for the option to set it on auto defrag, but of course its paid.

Advertisement