Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

blue screen + memory dump

• 12-07-2008 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

can anyone help?
    left computer to come back to something like this physical memory dump
    http://techrepublic.com.com/i/tr/downloads/images/bsod_a.jpg
    although the code is different (0x0000000A)

whenever I scan avg I have been getting two changes kernel and shell.....then when I restart computer the spybot asks to allow kernel change?

anybody got a clue whats going on?

happened once or twice before

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Have you made any software/hardware changes lately ? If so it may be that a System Restore will do the job .

How much RAM have you got and what OS ? Was there a reference to a .sys or .exe or .dll file at the bottom of the bluescreen such as the ati3diag.dll in the jpg you linked to ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

well I did do a system restore a while ago
    added malwarebytes anti malware
    quite good too
    will do another

looking through the system restore points it seems other than software distribution service, java update and open office there is nothing odd
    I added a printer but it did happen once or twice before I added the printer

xp- seems to be a common xp thing from googling
    2gig ram
    Was there a reference to a .sys or .exe or .dll file at the bottom of the bluescreen such as the ati3diag.dll in the jpg you linked to ?
    no I dont think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

If it's infrequent it may just me a RAM/ pagefile overload though that would be unusual in XP with 2Gb RAM and the default 3Gb virtual memory (1.5 x installed RAM) . I have occasional BSODs on 2 machines running XP but they refer to in one case an ati .dll and the other is a cheapo wireless USB device . Both are driver falures which fix on reboot .

Advertisement