Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Baume, Frejus, Cote D'Azur

Options
  • 12-07-2008 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Has any one been to La Baume Campsite in Frejus France. If So Can you help?
    There is two adults and one infant going for a week in early Sept.
    We will be flying in to Nice and we dont want to be imprisoned in the resort.

To hire a car wi baby seat for a week is €250ish.
    But how does that compare to..
    1, Getting to and from the airport
    2, probably 2 or 3 days on that costal train up to Monaco/Cannes/St. Tropez etc
    3, Another day up to Aix en Provence

and actually getting to and from the campsite to the
    train station in Frejus (5 Miles). Is there a local bus in September? 6 or so Taxi Journeys would add up.

I remember that train being excellent (and easy to jump) back in 1994 when I was arseing around as a young man. But now I would like to do it properly.

Any Help is greatly appreciated
    Decis
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

I stayed there last year and you will definitely need a car for getting around.The buses aren't great and trains can be dear.We drove to plenty of places like Cannes,Nice and a few others I can't think of.Frejus ain't a great town and everythings closed up by 10. Getting a cr is the practical way to go because you will mainly get the train from Nice as more trains go that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Decis

Thanks.
    Things closing up by ten isint really a factor with us and the busses werent great hmmm.
    What about the site itself, Good accom/facilities.
    Somebody posted that it looks its age, what did you think?
    Decis

Well I didn't like it personally.But I think it depends what you're looking for.Like the campsite is usually dead by half eleven/twelve.
    If you told me what you're looking for I could tell you more.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭paulanthony

Was in La Baume in 1998 - but is probably still the same.
    Nice campsite and good location in terms of being near Cannes, Nice, St Tropez, Monaco etc.

Would definitely get a car - especially as it appears you are travelling with kid(s). Don't want to be waiting around for buses in the sun. Also if I remember correctly it's not exactly in the middle of a town so it won't be a case of walking down to the main street.

It's more suited to a family holiday (like most French campsites) so therefore it will get quiet at night. Barriers close at 22:00 I think and I remember getting locked out a few times and having to walk to the mobile from the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Decis

To Clarify
    What we are looking for is a cheap base to see a few of the sites on the Cote D'azur.
    If I have to rent a car I will but I would prefer public transport.
    I remember a DART style train that scoots up and down the Coast.
    So. I would like to know if there is a regular bus service from the campsite to the Town?

Cheers
    Decis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I was there in 1992 with my folks on holidays and still remember it fondly. Can't imagine being there without a car though.

The bus service is not great and so you will need the car.The trains are good, you can also get the train to an Italian town just past the border which is a nice day out.

Advertisement