Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Touch + last.fm AudioScrobbling

Options
  • 12-07-2008 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Ok I have an iPod Touch 2.0 and the last fm plugin doesn't recognise my iPod so the songs I play on my iPod are not counted on my profile.

Does anyone know how to rectify this?

I'm assuming the fact that the iPod Touch is not recognised as a "proper" USB Device, this is why there are problems.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mike dee

Hi Fruit,
    I have ipod touch and audioscrobbling works fine. When I connect ipod with computer itunes recognises the songs I have played and then asks do i want to add scrobles. Check that ipod scrobbling is enabled in last fm client, I am assuming you have the desktop application.

I can't understand why the ipod touch won't be recognised. It doesn't have to be recognised as USB drive for last fm to work.
    Tell us how you get on, and what platform you are on Windows or mac.

Does itunes see ipod if so connection fine, then it must be settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Tried this and thought it wasn't working after waiting a few minutes for the track to be scrobbled. It's working for me alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Fruit1985

I have reinstalled the last.fm program and still mt iPod is not appearing or scrobbling tracks I've played on my iPod Touch. Any advice?

I have the latest version of iTunes and firmware 2.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Have you enabled the option in the scrobbler? Sometimes you're prompted to scrobble but the window is hidden under other windows and it's easily missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Fruit1985

No, my iPod is defintely not showing up there and when I run the diagnostic utility a load of error messages come up.

I've e-mailed their help e-mail but they haven't been very helpful. I'm using a program called iScrobbler at the moment which works after a bit of work but it takes ages. I want the last.fm one to work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement