Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noobturnal thread*New posters to the nocturnal forum come here for introductions!*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

These people are all nuts.
    BHappy wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    He's right, tbh.

Harmless nuts though! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Private Dancer

That_Guy wrote: »
    Yay I'm not the newest anymore.

Herro and wilkommen.
    Hi and welcome, Private Dancer.

(That song is stuck in my head now!! :( )
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Welcome Private Dancer. But don't start singing Tina Turner, that's not taken kindly to around these parts.:D:pac:
    Get out while you still can. These people are all nuts. I'll cover your escape.:rolleyes: Seriously though, this is a really fun place to hang out and relax.

Thanks evryone!

Don't worry i'm not gonna start singing anytime soon (unless the mood strikes;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DreamShadow

cHaTbOx wrote: »

I would put any good ones up in the photography forum maybe digital art and design and know your nocturnals in this forum(I am sure it will be apreciated)

cool I'll post some when I get a chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DreamShadow

cool I'll post some when I get a chance

Posted a couple in the "Know UR Nocturnals" thread if u wanna take a look

link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Knew I'd end up in here again. *waves sarcastically*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Place is infectious isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jotto999

Hello, I am Jotto999, and I suck at sleeping.

Pretty much ever since I hit puberty I have found it increasingly harder and harder to sleep at night. Where most people have trouble staying up all night, for me it is nothing to "try" at, it just happens. In fact, I have to try to simply not be awake all night.

I've tried ever trick. Drinking chamomile tea, meditation, exercising my arse off to make myself more tired, milk, pre-1 hour baths, watching repetitive tv, reading, large amounts of daily sun exposure...and combinations of all the above. None worked, or even helped.

So one day I just said "Okay body, you win. If you don't want to sleep, then we won't".

So here I am typing this at 3:30AM, wide-awake. If I can't sleep at night, then I won't, plain and simple. I'm 18 years old, almost done highschool, and I plan to find an evening shift job when I finish. My long term goals are writing science fiction/fantasy novels, and progressing in skill in my martial arts classes, possibly teaching at a dojo some day.

So yep, that's me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Welcome aboard jotto. What kind of martial arts do you study?

Jotto999 wrote: »
    Hello, I am Jotto999
    Welcome, Jotto!

One of our first posters to make his (her? :o) first post on Boards in the Nocturnal forum! :D

Have a glance round and see what threads might interest you; the Lair is the ongoing "chat / banter" thread and you're very welcome to join in. It might look like a huge thread but the reality is that the topic changes all the time (when there IS even a topic!) so it's not as if you have to read back far. Just hold your nose and dive in, you'll be fine ... ;)

• Advertisement

Welcome, Jotto!

One of our first posters to make his (her? :o) first post on Boards in the Nocturnal forum! :D

Have a glance round and see what threads might interest you; the Lair is the ongoing "chat / banter" thread and you're very welcome to join in. It might look like a huge thread but the reality is that the topic changes all the time (when there IS even a topic!) so it's not as if you have to read back far. Just hold your nose and dive in, you'll be fine ... ;)
    The Lair actually has a topic on occasion? I never seen no topic in there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The Lair actually has a topic on occasion? I never seen no topic in there.

Yup. Think about it. There is a flow of conversation... a continuos change of topic, but usually a topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

SDooM wrote: »
    Yup. Think about it. There is a flow of conversation... a continuos change of topic, but usually a topic.
    You are just coddin yerself

Not really, off topic does not mean topicless.

But ironically, this is off topic in this thread. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jotto999

Welcome aboard jotto. What kind of martial arts do you study?

Ninjitsu.

No I'm not a "ninja", especially not the stereotypical internet ninja. I study the martial art, nothing more.

(It's really sad, but I always have to clarify that when I mention it on the internet, because ignorant people who don't know what they're talking about say things like "LOL you're not a ninja!".

Ninjitsu.

No I'm not a "ninja", especially not the stereotypical internet ninja. I study the martial art, nothing more.

(It's really sad, but I always have to clarify that when I mention it on the internet, because ignorant people who don't know what they're talking about say things like "LOL you're not a ninja!".
    Ignorance and the internet go hand in hand I've found. I know the difference between Hollywood ninjas and students of ninjitsu. My fighting style is catch as catch can. I'm good, but I'm not taking on a bar full of angry bikers and walking away without a scratch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm not very new on boards, but I haven't posted in the Nocturnal Forum before...

Looking forward to chilling out with you guys when the place goes quiet late at night :)

• Moderators Posts: 51,860 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'm not very new on boards, but I haven't posted in the Nocturnal Forum before...

Looking forward to chilling out with you guys when the place goes quiet late at night :)

Welcome to the forum, keane2097:)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

koth wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum, keane2097:)

Thanks dude...

Welcome everyone.

Especially the ninja

Welcome to the party.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Hello, I am Jotto999, and I suck at sleeping.

So yep, that's me.

Hey lads, welcome a board and watch out for the wierdos around here. We've got all kinds claiming to be Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies and Sock Monsters!:D:pac:

Seriously though, every one is bang on.

Oh come on LZ you know zombies are banned according to the charter of the forum.

Oh come on LZ you know zombies are banned according to the charter of the forum.

Oh right, sorry sorry.........

:p

Yeah, and you an old hand around here.

We'll have to give him lines. :D

Why would we be giving him controllde substances exactly. I mean his memory is obviously slipping already, should we really accelerate the process for him?:confused:

Why would we be giving him controllde substances exactly. I mean his memory is obviously slipping already, should we really accelerate the process for him?:confused:

you're either being really funny or this is a lost in translation thing :)

In Irish school if you've been bad the teachers make you write the same thing over and over a few hundred times... thats lines. :)

"I must not lick zombies"

I'm an old hand? News to me!:p

You don't have the authoritah to give LZ lines!:mad::D

:eek:

I'll be opening my mail with increased caution now!:pac:

you're either being really funny or this is a lost in translation thing :)

In Irish school if you've been bad the teachers make you write the same thing over and over a few hundred times... thats lines. :)

"I must not lick zombies"
    More of a lost in translation thing there I think. Over here we just make you sit in a room and be bored for a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

Hello, just a quick courtesy intro, as i am a newby.
    I'm fairly new to boards.ie, and completely new to the Nocturnal Forum. Anyway, thanks!

• Advertisement

I'm fairly new to boards.ie, and completely new to the Nocturnal Forum. Anyway, thanks!

Well, hello there! *Looks at the user name*

You're going to fit right in. :)

Yo!:D I really don't know what to say to new people anymore. If I keep telling them to watch out for the weirdos of the forum, I think I may have the four horsemen of the apocalyspe (DooM, Nerin, Kharn and Randy) on my case for scaring the newbies off.:pac:

Yo!:D I really don't know what to say to new people anymore. If I keep telling them to watch out for the weirdos of the forum, I think I may have the four horsemen of the apocalyspe (DooM, Nerin, Kharn and Randy) on my case for scaring the newbies off.:pac:

I'm so referring to myself as the one horseman now....

I'm so referring to myself as the one horseman now....

Hehe, you four get the shout due to the frequency of activity. Sorry Dragan and Almighty Cushion!:p:pac:

Welcome, Ellie.
    If I keep telling them to watch out for the weirdos of the forum, I think I may have the four horsemen of the apocalyspe (DooM, Nerin, Kharn and Randy) on my case for scaring the newbies off.:pac:
    Indeed! :mad:

There are no weirdos in this forum.

It's the rest of the world which is weird ... >_>

Welcome, Ellie.

Indeed! :mad:

There are no weirdos in this forum.

It's the rest of the world which is weird ... >_>

How do you explain those damn Vampires, Werewolves and Zombies so?:mad:

*gets boomstick and chainsaw ready*

No zombies here!

And as I said, it's the rest of the world which is weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

HI there as you can see we are baffling fools , but we're a friendly bunch and we have a laugh .
    Anyway have a look through the forum and jump right in:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Hello noc people, very pleased to meet all your acquaintances, not so new to boards but I finally got around to forming some opinions so will do my best to play along, how are we all doing tonight?

• Advertisement

welcome to the noc! Unfortunately poor doom needed his weekly sleep last night. :)

jonnybadd wrote: »
    Hello noc people, very pleased to meet all your acquaintances, not so new to boards but I finally got around to forming some opinions so will do my best to play along, how are we all doing tonight?
    Welcome to the insanity you two.
    *gets boomstick and chainsaw ready*
    What has you got against werewolves exactly?
    No zombies here!

And as I said, it's the rest of the world which is weird.
    Couldn't have said it better meself.

jonnybadd wrote: »

Hey jonny, welcome to the noc forum.:) Everybody is cool around here so enjoy the friendly atmosphere.
    What has you got against werewolves exactly?

I suspect that I was bitten by one when I was younger.:pac:

Lz if you was bitten by a werewolf, that would make you one of two things. One of those things would be unable to post here.

Lz if you was bitten by a werewolf, that would make you one of two things. One of those things would be unable to post here.

I'm a half breed. I is got the hairyness all over.:pac: Except for where it matters!:mad:

Yep, you werewolf. Stop hating yourself and focus on our sworn enemies.

• Advertisement

Yep, you werewolf. Stop hating yourself and focus on our sworn enemies.

I'm a reluctant werewolf, like Oz out of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.:p:pac:

You will destroy the evil pink bunnies and like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

so you are like OZ, faith is your dream woman and you were incredibly upset when buffy got knocked out of the iconic character tourney.....obsessed much?! :pac:

welcome to all the newbies who have venured into the noc....enjoy your stay!

I'm ... like Oz out of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.:p:pac:
    You're ginger?! :eek: :pac:

so you are like OZ, faith is your dream woman and you were incredibly upset when buffy got knocked out of the iconic character tourney.....obsessed much?! :pac:

welcome to all the newbies who have venured into the noc....enjoy your stay!

Shuuuuuud uuuuuuup!:p
    You're ginger?! :eek: :pac:

Ginger beard.:mad::pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement