Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noobturnal thread*New posters to the nocturnal forum come here for introductions!*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

so what this all about then? Hi, I'm Mike

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Welcome aboard zuroph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

zuroph wrote: »
    so what this all about then? Hi, I'm Mike

Hey Mike. Your signature confused me, I thought we had a thumbs down button now. But then I saw that you're a magic and illusion mod. Bravo!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

ta da! i like when people click it. :)

so what goes on here, general insomnia? cos that would suit me. or is there darker and more sinister goings on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

so what goes on here, general insomnia? cos that would suit me. or is there darker and more sinister goings on?

general insomnia, with certain amounts of darkness (dark and deviant forum have that covered i believe though)

welcome!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

this link will be helpful to you, as will the charter itself and the biki pages linked to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Greetings. So, the nocturnal forum eh? Seems like my kind of place :cool:

Can I be inducted?

Jako8 wrote: »

Welcome Jak. This is a nice place with a great friendly atmosphere so I'm sure that you'll love it.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Good evening folks, i have skulked around the noc forum for long enough now so i thought i better post and say hi. So hello everyone, how are you all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Good evening folks, i have skulked around the noc forum for long enough now so i thought i better post and say hi. So hello everyone, how are you all?

Hello fer , how are you doing ? I gues you know what the place is like if you have had a mosey , so what takes you to this corner of boards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

cHaTbOx wrote: »
    Hello fer , how are you doing ? I gues you know what the place is like if you have had a mosey , so what takes you to this corner of boards?

Well i dont work a 9-5 so am generally just getting home in the wee hours. And you all seem likd a nice bunch:-) did u have beers tonight? Was it fun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Well i dont work a 9-5 so am generally just getting home in the wee hours. And you all seem likd a nice bunch:-) did u have beers tonight? Was it fun?

I think SDoom and a few others did , they are on quite a bit , hoping to have one on the 22nd if you would like to come .
    They usually are quite fun.
    You should pop into the Lair , usually more chat in there :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Jako8 wrote: »

Can I be inducted?
    Welcome to the fun you two. Please have your escape plan ready at all times.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A few drinks were had last night but it was hardly a full on beers.

You'll know when I go to town on one of them.

Welcome one and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pandemonium

Hey boardsies of the night, i'm Sinead, just been up all night for the second night in a row, was averaging maybe 2 hours a night for the past few weeks. No likey, paranoia has kicked in,(convinced myself my friends house had been broken into for the best part of 3 hours) and thanks to my lack of sleep I've lost my train of thought and I've no idea where i was going with this. Sorry for rambling,it's great to be here!

hi sinead, welcome to nocturnia.

Please don't mind the zombie bodies, they're difficult to clean up.

Have a nice seat in the lair. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Ooops....right forum, wrong thread...
    I must be sleepy still...
    Aaaaahhh, the morning is always cruel!

Hey boardsies of the night, i'm Sinead, just been up all night for the second night in a row, was averaging maybe 2 hours a night for the past few weeks. No likey, paranoia has kicked in,(convinced myself my friends house had been broken into for the best part of 3 hours) and thanks to my lack of sleep I've lost my train of thought and I've no idea where i was going with this. Sorry for rambling,it's great to be here!
    Welcome aboard. You should fit right in here.

Awh thanks! I feel i may be with you for some time. Sleep is a cruel mistress who tempts me with sweet promises but always evades me

• Advertisement

Awh thanks! I feel i may be with you for some time. Sleep is a cruel mistress who tempts me with sweet promises but always evades me

Indeed, sleep is the scarlet whore who tempts us with her twisted cenobitian* experiences.

(*like that word? Made it up, based on hellraizer)

Like a chastity belt with a lost key,so vexing!

Like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a scimitar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I've always been good with that kind of problem, but getting to sleep beats me! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

CALL A LOCKSMITH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭todd10k

Hi, my names todd, and i cant sleep. Greetings to all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

todd10k wrote: »
    Hi, my names todd, and i cant sleep.

We have so much to discuss :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭fudgez

Yo Fudgez Here noobing it up :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

fudgez wrote: »

welcome to the nocturnal form Fudgez.... :)

oooh Fresh blood. :)

Welcome.:D The Noc Index should inform ya about the forum, don't be strangers.:)

• Advertisement

Trust on me this. Run for your lives, and don't look back whatever you do. jk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Oh, maybe this is the forum for me! Hello. I'm Aoife. I can't sleep either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭flying _squirl

*looks at watch*, yup, ide say you belong here. welcome :) the layer is where most things happen!

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Welcome to the fun. Be sure to visit the Lair and read the charter and index thingy for more info.

Lia_lia wrote: »

Hey Lia_lia. Don't be put off by my sig, it's only for the giggles!:D And welcome!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

264804262_7990d2aa06.jpg

*ahem*

This thing on? Sound...

Hi all, major Boards newbie here. While running the gauntlet of information that is the Boards main page looking for a place to start off posting, I came across this place and thought it looked pretty chill! I guess this is the gist of meself;

-I'm a freelance localization tester living in Dublin city centre.
    -Most of my time is spent gaming, interwebbing, guitaring, or shooping.
    -I have an intense loathing/fear of onions.
    -I believe Bruce Campbell is the greatest man who ever lived.
    -I smoke a ludicrous amount of Mary Jane's Hedge Trimmings.

I guess I'll end up blabbing more at some point. Nice to meet you all. :D

&-E wrote: »
    264804262_7990d2aa06.jpg

*ahem*

This thing on? Sound...

Hi all, major Boards newbie here. While running the gauntlet of information that is the Boards main page looking for a place to start off posting, I came across this place and thought it looked pretty chill! I guess this is the gist of meself;

-I'm a freelance localization tester living in Dublin city centre.
    -Most of my time is spent gaming, interwebbing, guitaring, or shooping.
    -I have an intense loathing/fear of onions.
    -I believe Bruce Campbell is the greatest man who ever lived.

-I smoke a ludicrous amount of Mary Jane's Hedge Trimmings.

I guess I'll end up blabbing more at some point. Nice to meet you all. :D

I think you and I will get on very well.:D Welcome.:)

A fellow onion hating, Campbell loving denizen of the intertubes! Fantastic! :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just one point, we don't tend to discuss the consumption of illegal narcotics as despite all you might think, you're not anonymous on the tubes and one never know's who's reading :D

Other than that, you're very welcome to boards.ie and the Nocturnal Forum!

Also: Bruce Campbell for Taoiseach!

What sorta games do you play? We have a pretty big and active [url]=http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=4Games section[/url] on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

haven't been in here in aaaages, think I'm almost a permanent fixture here so I'll help gret people

*waves enthusiastically and stops abruptly*
    Im done....
    hello &-E, so where'd ya get your name?

• Advertisement

Kharn wrote: »
    Just one point, we don't tend to discuss the consumption of illegal narcotics as despite all you might think, you're not anonymous on the tubes and one never know's who's reading :D

Other than that, you're very welcome to boards.ie and the Nocturnal Forum!

Also: Bruce Campbell for Taoiseach!

What sorta games do you play? We have a pretty big and active [url=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=4Games section[/url] on boards.

Don't worry mate, I'm not one to fall into either category of the Anonymous "WE R LEGIUN LOLOLOL" mindset, or someone who finds recreational drug usage a characteristic trait worth repeating. :p

Cheers for the welcome and the link, it's always good to find people willing to rant about the blessed vidya. I'm a very broad gamer, my work and general lifestyle revolve around it. I'll pretty much play anything, expect details in that pretty little Games Section you got there. :D

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    haven't been in here in aaaages, think I'm almost a permanent fixture here so I'll help gret people

*waves enthusiastically and stops abruptly*
    Im done....
    hello &-E, so where'd ya get your name?

Your enthusiastic wave was fantastic while it lasted, thank you!

I got my name from my parents. I just don't spell it very well. :D

Your enthusiastic wave was fantastic while it lasted, thank you!

I got my name from my parents. I just don't spell it very well. :D
    hahaha well if your lucky I may do it again :O lol

ahhh.... now I see it :D
    thats quite intelligent! good job :P

His name is Andy. See?

The DooM welcomes you to the lair of the sun haters. Feel free to have a complementary finger food snack.

My apologies they're not real fingers, I'm out and our pet werewolf pup hasn't been feeling well so the new postmans kept his so far.

SDooM wrote: »
    His name is Andy. See?

The DooM welcomes you to the lair of the sun haters. Feel free to have a complementary finger food snack.

My apologies they're not real fingers, I'm out and our pet werewolf pup hasn't been feeling well so the new postmans kept his so far.

Congratulations! You've solved the puzzle of my user name and unlocked the hidden bonus point!

You guys are very welcoming! And connoisseurs of delectable digit snacks to boot. I may have to try stick around. :)

SDooM wrote: »
    His name is Andy. See?

yeah I get it well since my post above yours :P
    I may have fed the pup a wee bit to much, least we wont be hearing from that stupid examiner from louth again :D

yeah I get it well since my post above yours :P
    I may have fed the pup a wee bit to much, least we wont be hearing from that stupid examiner from louth again :D

Thats what made poor Lysander sick, no doubt!

Congratulations! You've solved the puzzle of my user name and unlocked the hidden bonus point!

You guys are very welcoming! And connoisseurs of delectable digit snacks to boot. I may have to try stick around. :)
    can i have a prize too? ^^

and yeah... I'll try not to feed him as much garbage in future

can i have a prize too? ^^

and yeah... I'll try not to feed him as much garbage in future

Dare I say... there's one for everyone in the audience.

• Advertisement

Dare I say... there's one for everyone in the audience.
    wooooo!

Advertisement