Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noobturnal thread*New posters to the nocturnal forum come here for introductions!*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Welcome Whippersnapper

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Thanks! Are there any unofficial rules I need to know about? Do I have to pass a test or is just being awake after midnight sufficient? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Thanks! Are there any unofficial rules I need to know about? Do I have to pass a test or is just being awake after midnight sufficient? :pac:

Not really, Just read the Charter and then start posting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

No zombies, seriously we shotgun them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Hi Whippersnapper:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭sunshineoh9

hola folks, whats goin' on?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Not much. What a wonderful name for the Nocturnal forum. :)

Also, Hi!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Feck all, welcome aboard oh oddly named nocturnal.

lol, an odd name indeed

• Advertisement

Considering your current location it is apropos though

Good morning sunshine - well it's morning here :)

Deki wrote: »
    Good morning sunshine - well it's morning here :)
    lol, i am also in the states so yes... it is a good morning :D

I just realized all three of us are on the East Coast.

lol, are you guys american or irish living in the states? or something else entirely?

American born and bred.

• Advertisement

is it odd that we've got more americans that irish posting on this thread in an irish website? lol

No, not really. Then again, I awake at odd times anyway.

More Americans at times. :D

so why are you on this site if you don't mind me asking? what made you join like?

friend was on a different discussion board. He thought I should be on one. But not the one he was on (don't know why) So here I am :) What brought you here?

• Advertisement

so why are you on this site if you don't mind me asking? what made you join like?
    I googled nocturnal late one night

cool cool, i'm here cause i'm moving to ireland in december and wanted to get a head start on making friends, knowing the culture, good places to go, eat, etc...

cool cool, i'm here cause i'm moving to ireland in december and wanted to get a head start on making friends, knowing the culture, good places to go, eat, etc...
    That would be a good reason to be here. I just need people to talk to at night.

That would be a good reason to be here. I just need people to talk to at night.
    i know what you mean.. its even harder for me cause most of the people i want to talk to are in bed by 5-8 pm my time (i hate the time difference!)

I work overnights so I often awake all night anyway. 3 am in the States= 8 am in Ireland:D

ah i gotcha.. i used to work nights but i quit that job, i was literally a zombie

I been at it for 10.5 years now. The zombieism passes eventually. You should come on over to The Lair if you feel like a chat tonight.

thats okay... i'm watching a movie and cleaning my house, i'd prolly get too distracted :P

Right, fair enough

ugh, its so hard to clean after midnight :/

• Advertisement

because you keep waking people up?

well i can't vacuum, play my cleaning CD, wash clothes or use my floor scrubber... so i pretty much can't do anything but wipe down tables

yeah, that could be a pain

omg i'm so bored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

omg i'm so bored

Cheer yourself up by humming a cheerful ditty you just wrote

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Cheer yourself up by humming a cheerful ditty you just wrote
    i could do that :pac:

write one about Few, :pac:

write one about Few, :pac:
    a limerick about few? i don't know enough to write 5 whole lines about them!!! lol

Oh ok I will help then.
    An ambitious young fellow is Fewcifer.
    He sought to get aid from Ol' Lucifer.
    "For success, I'd give a lot.
    But the devil wouldn't be bought.
    leaving the work for Few, I'm sure.
    ~~~~~~~:D;):P

• Advertisement

Oh ok I will help then.
    An ambitious young fellow is Fewcifer.
    He sought to get aid from Ol' Lucifer.
    "For success, I'd give a lot.
    But the devil wouldn't be bought.
    leaving the work for Few, I'm sure.
    ~~~~~~~:D;):P
    i like i like!

I also like

i am happy then:)

i am happy then:)

I'm happy you're happy :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

It's 2:36 in the morning, I finished work at 12 and I curse the 2 cans of redbull I drank and my horny misses. Now I can't sleep and I've got a loaded weapon, speaking figuratively.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

It's 2:36 in the morning, I finished work at 12 and I curse the 2 cans of redbull I drank and my horny misses. Now I can't sleep and I've got a loaded weapon, speaking figuratively.

Welcome :) and nice to meet you!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Hey to you too :) I never imagined anyone would be up this late, even in the nocturnal forum. I am suprised yet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

oh no, it's you again :p

It is :D I just seem to be shoving my hand in every pot it seems these days :P I think such a hat would be appropriate for my interest in honey and shoving my paw into everything now and again :Dhttp://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.39020039.jpg

I was at work when you arrived, so allow me to welcome you unto the darkness rather belatedly

• Advertisement
Advertisement