Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noobturnal thread*New posters to the nocturnal forum come here for introductions!*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Given that one must often resort to doing one's work at night because it's the only time there are no distractions, is it wise for one to involve oneself in this forum? What would happen if one were to encounter interesting people? Not research, that's for sure...
    I'm going to take it on good faith that you people are not going to distract me from my studies, m'kay?
    Assuming such - pleased to meet you all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Ficheall wrote: »
    Given that one must often resort to doing one's work at night because it's the only time there are no distractions, is it wise for one to involve oneself in this forum? What would happen if one were to encounter interesting people? Not research, that's for sure...
    I'm going to take it on good faith that you people are not going to distract me from my studies, m'kay?
    Assuming such - pleased to meet you all.
    You don't want to be distracted? Well, you picked the wrong place

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just discovered this forum now:confused:, im J.J a real night owl and all round good guy:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Allow me to the first to welcome you unto the Noc Forum J.J., hope you enjoy your time hereabouts.

• Moderators Posts: 51,860 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

welcome to the forum, jonjo:)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Quick! Lock the gates!!

I mean.... Oh hai new person. We are very nice. @_@

What's your favorite vampire?

reallyrose wrote: »
    Quick! Lock the gates!!

I mean.... Oh hai new person. We are very nice. @_@

What's your favorite vampire?
    Rose, stop scaring the new people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Rose, stop scaring the new people

... No.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Oh hai :)

I'm Jo, and chances are I'll start posting in this forum rather than just lurking because the work is piling up! A few all-nighters are in store for me over the next 18 months or so...

• Moderators Posts: 51,860 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

hi jokettle, welcome to the forum:)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement

Welcome aboard jokettle. Always nice to see new faces hereabouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

ooohh, what do we have here? :D

going to be spending some time here during the night while studying and doing assignments in the next few weeks as exams approach

Hey whiteman, welcome to the dark. make yourself at home, and have a look around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Hey whiteman, welcome to the dark.
    You may want to leave a *little* light on for this one, cyber! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

You may want to leave a *little* light on for this one, cyber! ;)
    i brought my own bright light to blind ye all :P

<inappropriate bright image deleted and user hung upside down off the balcony :pac: >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

do I have to introduce myself again - I am sure I did it a year or so ago :confused::confused::confused:

My insomnia is back to visit... again :mad::mad:

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    do I have to introduce myself again - I am sure I did it a year or so ago :confused::confused::confused:

My insomnia is back to visit... again :mad::mad:
    No, not really. Welcome back Mise, it has been a fair bit.

No, not really. Welcome back Mise, it has been a fair bit.

Die wolfie Die....... I shall set my new miniature Jack Russell on you, she will have you for a snack.

Die wolfie Die....... I shall set my new miniature Jack Russell on you, she will have you for a snack.
    Toasty 113 won that. Also, you in The Noc forum.

Toasty 113 won that. Also, you in The Noc forum.

Pardon... that one went straight past me.

It is good to be pottering about again. As long as you realise I may disappear again for another year or two. It is very me.

How are your doughnuts going in New York?

• Advertisement

Pardon... that one went straight past me.

It is good to be pottering about again. As long as you realise I may disappear again for another year or two. It is very me.

How are your doughnuts going in New York?
    Doughnuts go well. Just had a renegotiation over my continued employment.

Doughnuts go well. Just had a renegotiation over my continued employment.

is that a good or bad renegotiation if there is such a distinction.

Good from my point of view, not so much from their position.

That is good for you, and sod them. Goodnight, talk tomorrow at some stage.

be seeing you then Mise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭deirdre_dub

Right. I'm Deirdre, I'm from Dublin, and I'm an alcoho (woops, wrong forum) night creature.

Right. I'm Deirdre, I'm from Dublin, and I'm an alcoho (woops, wrong forum) night creature.
    Welcome aboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Right, i've found myself up at ridiculous hours recently so i'll be paying a few visits here..... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Wooops:o I seem to have skipped this place when I was a new poster in the Noc Forum:o:p

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Right, i've found myself up at ridiculous hours recently so i'll be paying a few visits here..... ;)
    Well then, welcome to the darkness.
    StereoLove wrote: »
    Wooops:o I seem to have skipped this place when I was a new poster in the Noc Forum:o:p
    Pffft, no biggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Pudsy33 wrote: »

Welcome Tellytubbies of the Dark!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Greetings & salutations. Figure I'll be spending a lot of time around these parts in the future. *wave*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

hello all and welcome!

DeWitt wrote: »
    Greetings & salutations. Figure I'll be spending a lot of time around these parts in the future. *wave*
    Welcome to the darkness.

Any perks to this aforementioned darkness?

• Advertisement

Yes, the company of kindred souls

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

You also save money of the lighting bills.

Makes sense.

Any perks to this aforementioned darkness?

shoes :D

Free shoes I should hope.

• Advertisement

I'm just gonna jump out the window here before Links keeps talking of shoes.

no, gotta buy your own shoes. but we'll be going on nocturnal shoe shopping trips and buying lots of pretty shoes! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Maguined wrote: »
    You also save money of the lighting bills.

Is this is true? I would also like to become a night poster :D

Trekmad wrote: »
    Is this is true? I would also like to become a night poster :D
    It true if you don't turn any lights on at night. Welcome aboard new person.

Okay I'm liking this place already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Excellent, will start using candles and a wind up laptop. Wow! I really can save :D

Happy new year.

Okay I'm liking this place already.
    Glad to hear it.
    Trekmad wrote: »
    Excellent, will start using candles and a wind up laptop. Wow! I really can save :D

Happy new year.
    I use a wind generator to power mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭b.o.m.d.a.s.

Good evening

Good evening
    Good evening and welcome to the dark side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hello. Didn't see this introductory thread here! My sleep routine is ****ed up. I hope my stay here is brief if I'm honest!

• Advertisement
Advertisement