Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noobturnal thread*New posters to the nocturnal forum come here for introductions!*

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

mars bar wrote: »
    Hello. Didn't see this introductory thread here! My sleep routine is ****ed up. I hope my stay here is brief if I'm honest!
    Fair enough, we are here even for the temporary creatures of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Could have done with this place the past few nights! My respect goes to you guys in here every night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Could have done with this place the past few nights! My respect goes to you guys in here every night.
    Well, I am an American. Also, I'm an insomniac overnight worker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Welcome man!

Its an all day forum....so pop in whenever. Just dont forget to curse the flamey cancer ball (sun) when you do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Pter wrote: »
    Welcome man!

Its an all day forum....so pop in whenever. Just dont forget to curse the flamey cancer ball (sun) when you do :)

:eek: :(

You are SUN, the flamey cancer ball is sun.

Subtle.

phew_Full.jpg

Damned FCB

Also, that sun is sweating and not crying, right?

he's doing whatever you want him to be

• Advertisement

Swooning at your loveliness then.

I thought as much......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Now all the noobs will just assume this is the forum where SUN intimidates everyone into cowering beneath her mighty glow.

So they'll know the truth then....

So they'll know the truth then....

Exactly

If nocs choose to cower then that is not my fault.... it's obviously instinct

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Quick, someone rereg as the sun so I can ban them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 THESUN

Just herp derpin' around the nocturnal forum....

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, whats going on in he......

AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!

IM VERY VERY SURPRISED THIS HAS HAPPENED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

NEVER EVER EVER.

oXSxZ.jpg

• Advertisement

Haha stupid friendless sun.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well... that felt suprisingly good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Welcome man!

I like the sun, he has deserted me recently.
    THESUN wrote: »
    Just herp derpin' around the nocturnal forum....

Bastard.

How dare you desert me!

It's ok Mars Bar, he won't hurt you anymore. SUN on the other hand is a total heartbreaker! Be strong!

Fewcifur wrote: »
    It's ok Mars Bar, he won't hurt you anymore. SUN on the other hand is a total heartbreaker! Be strong!

I do try :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Hows it going everyone. I'm a bit of an insomniac and so I'm amazed I havn't been posting here previously. Interests include discussing Wittgenstein over a game of backgammon.

Huzzah! a newb! welcome you :D

Ah, the Duffmeister, El Dufferoony, ze Dufferton, welcome.

Thanks guys. Funnily enough lots of people call me Duffmeister but only one other has ever called me Dufferoony and I couldnt understand why... Obviously great minds think alike or something like that? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

are you this Duffy?

duffy_468x630.jpg

• Advertisement

God I hope not. Well... as long as you don't force your songs on us :)

Click on my sig and you'll find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

hehehe :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Hey all. Never really browsed here before so I guess Ill introduce myself seeing as when I'm not in school my awake hours are 4pm - 8am. I must say I do enjoy being up at these hours a lot more, there is something about the night and dark that I find more relaxing, it sort of feels more private if you get me? Shame things aren't 24/7 so I could do shopping and go out at night. I've always wondered how it is working a night job too!
    So I'm just chillin here listening to some Nick Cave and playing Counter Strike, feels great! :D

Yay Nick Cave!

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Hey all. Never really browsed here before so I guess Ill introduce myself seeing as when I'm not in school my awake hours are 4pm - 8am. I must say I do enjoy being up at these hours a lot more, there is something about the night and dark that I find more relaxing, it sort of feels more private if you get me? Shame things aren't 24/7 so I could do shopping and go out at night. I've always wondered how it is working a night job too!
    So I'm just chillin here listening to some Nick Cave and playing Counter Strike, feels great! :D

o/ Welcome. :)

There are usually a few about most of the time here. I'm up late because my body clock has apparently upped and died.

If you would like to become confused and scared, check out the podcast thread. (We just madededed a podcast :D )
    In theory it was meant to be an intro to the Noc Forum. In practice it was us talking crap. :D

reallyrose wrote: »

There are usually a few about most of the time here. I'm up late because my body clock has apparently upped and died.

If you would like to become confused and scared, check out the podcast thread. (We just madededed a podcast :D )
    In theory it was meant to be an intro to the Noc Forum. In practice it was us talking crap. :D

More like you talking crap, the rest of us knew exactly what was goin' down! :D

More like you talking crap, the rest of us knew exactly what was goin' down! :D

Mocking me was going down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Thanks for the welcome. So far the podcast is going....errrrr random :pac:
    Guess I will try explore the forum while I'm dead in CS!

• Advertisement

Hows it going everyone. I'm a bit of an insomniac and so I'm amazed I havn't been posting here previously. Interests include discussing Wittgenstein over a game of backgammon.
    Welcome aboard, nice to see someone of refinement and taste joining the forum.
    cocoshovel wrote: »
    I've always wondered how it is working a night job too!
    They fcuking suck! Oh yes, welcome to the forum.

reallyrose wrote: »

So you're not having children? oh no, that's your biological clock... how many clocks do we have? :confused:

So you're not having children? oh no, that's your biological clock... how many clocks do we have? :confused:

Um... if you listened to the podcast you'll be aware that Reallyrose is a barren wasteland, so, please don't bring it up, she's sensitive about it, nearly as sensitive as she is about the robot sex-bots.

Few, im determined to slaughter you in the next podcast.....you got off far too lightly.

Few, im determined to slaughter you in the next podcast.....you got off far too lightly.
    You should probably edit it yourself then.

Ha we both edited it.

• Advertisement

Ah, I see. Where is the rose cut then?

Rose had no interest in cut....

Anyway...this doesnt belong in this thread.....to the podcast thread.

Um... if you listened to the podcast you'll be aware that Reallyrose is a barren wasteland, so, please don't bring it up, she's sensitive about it, nearly as sensitive as she is about the robot sex-bots.

oh shizzle.

sorry rose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ah, the Duffmeister, El Dufferoony, ze Dufferton, welcome.
    duffman4.jpg

1288346029_marilyn_monroe_famousdress_picture.jpg

Welcome all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Hey, my name's Lee and I'm an insomniac. I suppose it all started when I haven't seen the sun for the past week :pac:

Surprised I haven't posted here before really

• Advertisement
Advertisement