Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noobturnal thread*New posters to the nocturnal forum come here for introductions!*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Hello.

These late sunsets are driving me nocturnal in extremis.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

FTGFOP wrote: »
    Hello.

These late sunsets are driving me nocturnal in extremis.
    hello there. Please make yourself at home. lair is where we chat if you wish, but of course there are many other threads to explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Hello everyone! This seems like an interesting place :) How incongruous that my first post in this forum happens to be in the middle of the daytime :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Hello everyone! This seems like an interesting place :) How incongruous that my first post in this forum happens to be in the middle of the daytime :o
    Hi there, welcome to the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Hello, hello!

I've been staying up very late indeed these last few nights. Sleeping pattern is all askew, so I've decided to join yiz.

• Advertisement

Hello, hello!

I've been staying up very late indeed these last few nights. Sleeping pattern is all askew, so I've decided to join yiz.
    Welcome to the darker side of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Khyra24

Hello there. I'm Khyra...just thought I'd drop by since I do lurk here but don't ever post. It's a pleasure to meet you all. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Khyra24 wrote: »
    Hello there. I'm Khyra...just thought I'd drop by since I do lurk here but don't ever post. It's a pleasure to meet you all. :)

USA! USA! USA!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

The cake (and possibly location) is a lie ;)

Welcome to the fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Harrow derr.... Just thought id drop by and say hello... Ive heard a lot about you guys

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Khyra24

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    USA! USA! USA!
    Welcome to the fun.

Thanks for the welcome guys! :)
    Solitaire wrote: »
    The cake (and possibly location) is a lie ;)

What cake are you talking about Sol? Where?! And I am not lying about my location...just...well...I am originally from the USA anyway :D

Hello Cupcake_Crisis and others who have dropped by...mmm...all this talk about cake makes me hungry...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Hello and welcome!
    Hello, hello!

Hmmmmm, that nick is vaguely familiar ... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Thanks for the welcome guys! :)

Hello Cupcake_Crisis and others who have dropped by...mmm...all this talk about cake makes me hungry...

Don't eat me :(

• Moderators Posts: 51,860 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Harrow derr.... Just thought id drop by and say hello... Ive heard a lot about you guys

Welcome to the forum, folks. And Happy Friday to you both :D

If you can read this, you're too close!

greetings and welcome to the fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

froggy man wrote: »
    I'm new here :)

Just thought I'd join in the banter, and as I'm an insomniac, I thought this forum would be the most appropriate to post in :)

HI welcome to the noc forum everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭Geog ariphic

Hello,
    I can't say i hate the sun (is that blasphemy?), i've had many pleasant days out in the sun (definately blasphemy), but i find the night absolutely sublime.

I am very tired and all i have done all day is sit at the computer, every-so-often venturing into the study i am supposed to be doing. For LC physics on monday.

Physics does a lot of looking at the sky, which can only been seen at night, and i am pretty good at it...
    May i please join? I think i'm going to fall asleep...

Now that the night approaches and i try in earnest to sleep, i begin to wake up.
    How you doin guys? Any room for someone who does not work nights but definately prefers them?

Hello,
    I can't say i hate the sun (is that blasphemy?), i've had many pleasant days out in the sun (definately blasphemy), but i find the night absolutely sublime.

I am very tired and all i have done all day is sit at the computer, every-so-often venturing into the study i am supposed to be doing. For LC physics on monday.

Physics does a lot of looking at the sky, which can only been seen at night, and i am pretty good at it...
    Now that the night approaches and i try in earnest to sleep, i begin to wake up.
    How you doin guys? Any room for someone who does not work nights but definately prefers them?
    Welcome aboard .

• Advertisement

Thank you very much. I will attempt to limit myself to only sipping from ye're collective jugulla.

Thank you very much. I will attempt to limit myself to only sipping from ye're collective jugulla.
    Should you get greedy we'll just turn Lysander loose on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

I've been meaning to post in here for a while.. So now I am.

Hello!

Oh hai there squarewave. What kept you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

Oh hai there squarewave. What kept you?

Hai cyberwolf!
    I was just waiting til I got into my nocturnal Summer sleep pattern..

Ah, I see. You should know then people are hereabouts at all hours. After, it's always night somewhere

Hello,

Squarewave wrote: »
    I've been meaning to post in here for a while.. So now I am.

Hello!

welcome to the noc forum.

Hello and welcome!

Hmmmmm, that nick is vaguely familiar ... :cool:

DO WE KNOW EACH OTHER??? Cos that would be amazeballs.

DO WE KNOW EACH OTHER??? Cos that would be amazeballs.
    It would but I think it might be from kicking your shins in LC in years past! :p:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I occasionally stay up until these times when other forums go quiet so I said I'd introduce myself.

I'm Jack, 16 from Limerick.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I occasionally stay up until these times when other forums go quiet so I said I'd introduce myself.

Welcome aboard young Jack. make yourself at home.

Hey, Jacko! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Welcome aboard young Jack. make yourself at home.
    Hey cyberwolf, how are things?
    Hey, Jacko! ;)
    Hey randy. Have we met before? You seem familiar? :P

Dunno what yore talking 'bout, Willis!! >_>

hello. fewcifur made me come in here o/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Fecking Fewey, won't even go to the effort of welcoming his buddy. :pac:

Hey cyberwolf, how are things?
    I doing fairly well.

bluewolf, meet cyberwolf77.

cyber, meet bluewolf.

ee0b56bb-9668-486e-8516-9d443938811c.jpg

bluewolf wrote: »
    Ah, another wolf has arrived. :D

It would but I think it might be from kicking your shins in LC in years past! :p:D

So, you know I don't like shins??! Hold on. DO WE KNOW EACH OTHER?

• Advertisement

Um ... from kicking your shins in the *Leaving Cert forum*, lad? :p

Um ... from kicking your shins in the *Leaving Cert forum*, lad? :p

I'm actually a lady. :p

But, I see. I had almost forgotten about my days in the Leaving Cert forum! I'm glad they're over.

Ah, another wolf has arrived. :D

Ohai :D let's take over!!!

I like this one already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Hello,
    I'm Magic 8-Ball, If you seek advice just shake me..

Hello,
    Hello and welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I know you from somewhere..... >.>

tLL? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

So I heard this forum existed last night at beers. It sounded like a wonderful, magical place! So here I am, like a child who wanders into the middle of a film and wonders....

My name is Sanjuro! :D

Sanjuro wrote: »
    So I heard this forum existed last night at beers. It sounded like a wonderful, magical place! So here I am, like a child who wanders into the middle of a film and wonders....

Welcome Sanjuro. Nice avatar choice.

Hello,
    Sanjuro wrote: »

Hi everyone and welcome to the Noc forum :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement