Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kane- could it be?.........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

rovert wrote: »
    Chuck has friends in high places (Taker, Hunter & Johnny Ace.)
    I figured he must have been on good terms with Callaway, alright, what with him taking the biker gimmick and all. I thought Palumbo had something going for him when he was teaming with Billy Gunn (in terms of the quality of match they put on - I realise that all the promo work and other stuff was down to clever writting) but he seems to have lst all of his agility and become just another boring big-man.

I really couldn't care less about a Kane-Lawlor match. It would most likely be a terrible bout, and winning wouldn't mean anything to either men. If Kane won, it'd do very little for his credibility as Lawlor is hardly a contender. If Lawlor won, its not like he could go anywhere with it. With so little at stake, why would anyone tune in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Listening to Alverez, Keller & Meltzer they have all given credence to the idea that the "he" Kane referred to is actually "the monster inside of him" and the bag he is carrying contains his old mask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

So they're teasing a remasking or something? It worked for Rey Mysterio i guess! ;)

VR!

So they're teasing a remasking or something? It worked for Rey Mysterio i guess! ;)

VR!

Guess so

The essential difference is that Rey Mysterio can get over, by just being Rey Mysterio alone, Kane couldn't get over a one foot wall!

VR!

Kane is over. He gets a great crowd reaction. People love him. Just because boards.ie aren't Kane fans most certainly does not mean he isn't over.

Anyway, I reckon it his mask, sadly. Which is a completely and utterly crap idea and storyline. Its a mask. Everyone knows what he looks like, and no one cares about the mask. Even though people have been bitching for years "put the mask back on" the minute he does it people will bitch and moan even more about how "he shouldn't have put the mask back on".

Its ridiculous.

He's spent five years without the mask.. There's no need to bring it back.

Sadly it's not just boards that aren't big into Kane either, i think it's fair to say you're in a minority on this one.

I will agree with the second half of your statement, i remember plenty of people saying "What's the point in giving him back his mask?", when they had that horrible May 19th storyline when they had Festus in a bad wig and a Kane mask!

VR!

Kane is over. He gets a great crowd reaction. People love him. Just because boards.ie aren't Kane fans most certainly does not mean he isn't over.

Someone on F4W made a similar thread to this one on their moderated area and it got deleted. As the mods thought he was trolling which in actual fact he was. "People" arent that attacted to him to the extent anyone one could saw they love him. If he was over as you say he is now then why are they changing his character? He is beyond stale.

His pyro and music gets a crowd reaction thats about it. Kane is not over if you look at ratings, buyrates or merchandise etc whiich are the true measures.

If he was over as you say he is now then why are they changing his character? He is beyond stale.

His pyro and music gets a crowd reaction thats about it. Kane is not over if you look at ratings, buyrates or merchandise etc whiich are the true measures.

I hate to say it, but rovert's right here. Look at all the character makeovers since 1999. Two years after he debuted as Kane

- Give him a voice and make him human. Crowd sparked interest for about two weeks
    - Have skinny, scrawny Waltman turn on him and nick his woman, crowd cared for about two weeks
    - Have him team with Rikishi, and reunite with Paul Bearer, crowd doesn't give a sh*t
    - Have him turn on Jericho for spilling coffee on him, crowd laughs at him.
    - Have him throw out 11 people at the 2001 Royal Rumble, crowd gains interest
    - Throw him in a hardcore match at Mania that same year, crowd maintains interest still, 3 months is now a record for the first time in about three years.
    - Reunite him with Taker to form a tag team and subsequently bury every WCW guy they brought over that year. Crowd's interest in Kane saps, but they love Taker!
    - On to 2002, and Kane's mask is stolen by X-Pac, who just never seems to go away! Kane does though!
    - Fast forward to the rest of the year, Kane comes back with a revamp of his entrance theme to big face pops. Between Katie Vick, HHH unifying the IC title and Kane being Kane... crowd loses interest again, although he does cut an awesome promo with Rock and Hogan, one promo a year for Kane, yay!
    - We spend most of 2003 teaming with RVD, crowd doesn't care as they've heard enough about "the unlikely duo of RVD and Kane", despite tagging for months!
    - Kane turns on RVD and unmasks (although not in that particular order), gains minor interest as it's the first time we see his entire face since the big Daddy Dentist days.
    - Kane sets JR on fire and deep fries Shane's McNuggets, The crowd have now seen enough

Notible moments since the unmasking is the raping of Lita, only for them both to be distraught when Snitksy kills their unborn baby, May 19th, Pointless tag reigns with Big Slow, and another sh*t feud with Taker leading to an even sh*ttier match at Mania 20.

Great list of accomplishments there pal! This is exactly what i mean by Kane not being able to get over a one foot wall. He's boring as a monster at this points, and he sucks as a human!

Unless you're a complete mark for the guy, in which case there's no explaining, but the facts do speak for themselves.

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

My guess is he has an urn in his little bag

I hate to say it, but rovert's right here. Look at all the character makeovers since 1999. Two years after he debuted as Kane

- Give him a voice and make him human. Crowd sparked interest for about two weeks
    - Have skinny, scrawny Waltman turn on him and nick his woman, crowd cared for about two weeks
    - Have him team with Rikishi, and reunite with Paul Bearer, crowd doesn't give a sh*t
    - Throw him in a hardcore match at Mania that same year, crowd maintains interest still, 3 months is now a record for the first time in about three years.
    - Reunite him with Taker to form a tag team and subsequently bury every WCW guy they brought over that year. Crowd's interest in Kane saps, but they love Taker!
    - On to 2002, and Kane's mask is stolen by X-Pac, who just never seems to go away! Kane does though!
    - Fast forward to the rest of the year, Kane comes back with a revamp of his entrance theme to big face pops. Between Katie Vick, HHH unifying the IC title and Kane being Kane... crowd loses interest again, although he does cut an awesome promo with Rock and Hogan, one promo a year for Kane, yay!
    - We spend most of 2003 teaming with RVD, crowd doesn't care as they've heard enough about "the unlikely duo of RVD and Kane", despite tagging for months!
    - Kane turns on RVD and unmasks (although not in that particular order), gains minor interest as it's the first time we see his entire face since the big Daddy Dentist days.
    - Kane sets JR on fire and deep fries Shane's McNuggets, The crowd have now seen enough

Notible moments since the unmasking is the raping of Lita, only for them both to be distraught when Snitksy kills their unborn baby, May 19th, Pointless tag reigns with Big Slow, and another sh*t feud with Taker leading to an even sh*ttier match at Mania 20.

Great list of accomplishments there pal! This is exactly what i mean by Kane not being able to get over a one foot wall. He's boring as a monster at this points, and he sucks as a human!

Unless you're a complete mark for the guy, in which case there's no explaining, but the facts do speak for themselves.

VR!

Not to mention at his peak WWF at the time thought Kane was only worthy of a 24 hour title reign, think about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

VR!

Massive + 1 . Kane was a great character till about 2001. I think a Re-masking could work, but it would require , 1 an accident that looked good, or an inferno match were he gets burned.

Not to mention at his peak WWF at the time thought Kane was only worthy of a 24 hour title reign, think about that.

Really wish i had mentioned that! :/
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I don't know why they did that, it was an insult to him to give it to him and take it away like that. Pointless.

de5p0i1er wrote: »
    I don't know why they did that, it was an insult to him to give it to him and take it away like that. Pointless.

Not really, it wasn't like he was a highly established main event player at the time or anything. It would have done Austin more damage to job clean to Kane at the time. Kane wasn't exactly the master promo cutter at the time (ten years on and f*ck all has changed), and wouldn't have been a credible champion.

Now if you want insulting, try Andre the Giant's 20 second title reign in 1988!
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Or Yokos 90 second reign at the end of WM9, which insulted Yoko, Bret Hart and pretty much thousands of wrestling fans*.

I think VR pretty much summed up Kane in his post above. I have said it previously that apart from his initial run, nothing he has done (part from his pr WM20 feud with Undie) has been remotely interesting. In fact, the only reasons those were interesting was because of Taker IMO.

* stat pulled out of the sky.

... So anyway..

What do you guys think he's carrying around in his bag?

My guesses would be (in order):

1) Mask - To make sure they ruin him with a crap, useless, pointless storyline that will go nowhere

2) Urn - To revive the undertaker

3) Undertaker's Bandana that Kane took at Survivor Series - To bring the Undertaker back, not just from banishment, but also from 'the dead' and have the Bad Ass Undertaker again.

4) Johnathan Coachman - For comedic effect.

2) Urn - To revive the undertaker

3) Undertaker's Bandana that Kane took at Survivor Series - To bring the Undertaker back, not just from banishment, but also from 'the dead' and have the Bad Ass Undertaker again.

No and no

... So anyway..

What do you guys think he's carrying around in his bag?

How about the P45 that Vince has put in the bag over the weekend? :pac:
    VR!

How about the P45 that Vince has put in the bag over the weekend? :pac:
    VR!

Legit LOL

• Advertisement

Had to do something to make up for the lack of podcast this week!
    Proof that i can actually be funny, but only when i really want to be* :D

VR!
    (*KKV and Kane-n-ite may dispute this statement in this particular instance*)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Thats Kane-N-Nite, not Kane-n-ite.......:cool:

Thats Kane-N-Nite, not Kane-n-ite.......:cool:

You remember that the next time you forget the exclamation mark in my name, pal! ;)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 paddy_5000

Lads maybe its the fake undertaker :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

You remember that the next time you forget the exclamation mark in my name, pal! ;)

VR!

Touche VR!, Touche indeed.

K!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

paddy_5000 wrote: »
    Lads maybe its the fake undertaker :eek:

I hope it's not the imposter Kane - one is bad enough. That story ended very suddedly though so who knows?

My guesses so far:

1. Fake taker /fake kane
    2. Real taker
    3. Kanes little bro
    4. Vince
    5. Elvis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 paddy_5000

could be.....

Could be Conner Hurley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I think he is talking about the Undertaker or Paul Bearer or maybe its Vince

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Ecw-Original

I hope it's not the imposter Kane - one is bad enough. That story ended very suddedly though so who knows?

My guesses so far:

1. Fake taker /fake kane
    2. Real taker
    3. Kanes little bro
    4. Vince
    5. Elvis

Only one of them ideas make sense! :p

Does kane have a little brother?

Abyss?

Black Rain is his aunt

• Advertisement

Well we didn't know Taker had a little bro until Kane arrived on the scene so maybe theres another big red bastard out there :)

Abyss?

Black Rain is his aunt

Yeah Abyss would be cool but if Black Rain is his aunt then what relation would Dusty and Cody be to him and the Brothers of Destruction? This is getting very confusing :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

In a brilliant twist that only WWE writers can come up with, Katie Vick gets resurrected and thanks to a great surgeon, becomes Kenneth Vick.

This is getting very confusing :)

Undertaker and Kane? No way!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    In a brilliant twist that only WWE writers can come up with, Katie Vick gets resurrected and thanks to a great surgeon, becomes Kenneth Vick.

A brillant twist would be if WWE writers could remember last week.

A brillant twist would be if WWE writers could remember last week.

:D:D

nice!

I only see this going one of two ways:

1. Makes kane back into the legit monster he should always be
    2. Is a total anti climax leading to yet another unfortunate burial of the big red jobber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

...3) Undertaker's Bandana that Kane took at Survivor Series - To bring the Undertaker back, not just from banishment, but also from 'the dead' and have the Bad Ass Undertaker again..

i dont see this as the case at all, especially that what's his name on SD uses the badass biker persona!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

That what's his name is on Raw now as far as I know.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Chuck Palumbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

thats the one...he's on raw now?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Yeah as far as I know he moved in the supplement draft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Well we didn't know Taker had a little bro until Kane arrived on the scene so maybe theres another big red bastard out there :)

Ha ha! Brilliant!:D

They can't possibly put the mask back on the slap-head, it would be lame. I still think it's a straight battle between the Undertaker and Vince.......

I just thought that is there any chance that what was in the bag is something that had some part to play in the vince thing?

Something to intertwine with takers return?

I just thought that is there any chance that what was in the bag is something that had some part to play in the vince thing?

Something to intertwine with takers return?

It's certainly not outside the realm of possibilty. I am still convinced that this storyline involves Kane, the Undertaker and Vince. It makes sense if you think about it. The Undertaker is banished, he gets his brother to instigate his vengeance since Kane has easy access. Why is the deadman taking his frustration out on Vince? Because he allowed a corrupt GM to continue on SD, which ultimately lead to his banishment.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    It's certainly not outside the realm of possibilty. I am still convinced that this storyline involves Kane, the Undertaker and Vince. It makes sense if you think about it. The Undertaker is banished, he gets his brother to instigate his vengeance since Kane has easy access. Why is the deadman taking his frustration out on Vince? Because he allowed a corrupt GM to continue on SD, which ultimately lead to his banishment.

Thats exactly what i was trying to say! :)

But i'm not going to totally decide that this is what i believe to be where they are going, but it is very likely

• Advertisement

Thats exactly what i was trying to say! :)

But i'm not going to totally decide that this is what i believe to be where they are going, but it is very likely

Oh I am under no illusions, how often do the WWE go with the easiest, sensible and plausible situation?

Undertaker and Kane? No way!

eww... but I bet Taker is the taker if you get my meaning...

It's no wonder they seem to have such a love / hate relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

If it's his mask in the bag then I hope he has a wig in there too

Fozzy wrote: »
    If it's his mask in the bag then I hope he has a wig in there too

Exactamondo

Fozzy wrote: »
    If it's his mask in the bag then I hope he has a wig and a dress in there too

Fixed that for ya Fozzy

• Advertisement
Advertisement