Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freedom of Religion

• 13-07-2008 12:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,650 ✭✭✭✭

Ive heard the argument from some select people in the States that "Its the Freedom of Religion; not the Freedom of No Religion"

Personally, I think thats utter bullshít. But I'd like to hear some opinions.

Then on the same topic, a man walks up to you and tries to save you by helping you Find Jesus. Erm, excuse me. You're free to love jesus but please leave me the hell alone. cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Overheal wrote: »
    Personally, I think thats utter bullshít.

Of course it is. Its a play on words made by desperate fools. Just tell them you worship Blucknarg the Eater of Worlds.

In far more important news, Don.S Davis is dead!? :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,650 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hmm... or Banjo. Or The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

edit: yea hes dead. go grieve in the stargate forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭diddley

Who is this Flying Spaghetti Monster everyone speaks of? Can I see scripture? I'd like to buy some literature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

diddley wrote: »
    Who is this Flying Spaghetti Monster everyone speaks of? Can I see scripture? I'd like to buy some literature.

Dolmeo is His Prophet, parmasan be upon him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,650 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Officially speaking, worshippers are known as Pastafarians.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Ive heard the argument from some select people in the States that "Its the Freedom of Religion; not the Freedom of No Religion"

Personally, I think thats utter bullshít. But I'd like to hear some opinions.

It is utter bullspit, though I can't say I have heard a lot of people put it like that. Normally it is explaining that it is not only freedom of religion, but freedom from religion, like the US Constitution.
    Then on the same topic, a man walks up to you and tries to save you by helping you Find Jesus. Erm, excuse me. You're free to love jesus but please leave me the hell alone. cheers.

Well in fairness how is he supposed to know that. I don't think it is too much to ask to simply say "No thank you". If he continues to hassle you, then feel free to kick him in the nuts and shout "Where is your god now!" as he rolls around on the floor in pain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

248810071a5009615922l.jpg
    Touched by his noodly apendage /o\

Advertisement