Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adonis Body Piercing Studios(miss fantasia's) or others?

Options
  • 13-07-2008 2:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

hi ! im planning on getting my lip pierced during the week . in peoples opinions is Adonis Body Piercing Studios much good for piercings since its so cheap , or is it another georges st arcade as such ? anyone know?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Haven't heard anything about it myself but I'd probably head to one with a good reputation even if it means you have to pay more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

If you're in Dublin deffo go to Snakebite!!

Steve's great!! had something done there recently and i'm never going anywhere else again!!

Inkwell is fantastic as well, and very good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

inkwell and snakebite all the way, although I do kinda know glenn in Adonis and know plenty people who've got pierced by him and swear by the place, but jaysus if you're in dub you've got your pick of awesome places...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 plug-in-baby

hmm okies ! thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

As far as I know he good. A friend swears by him, also isn't he pretty much the guy to go to if you want implant work done??? If it's him he'd be a good piercer also

Might be worth taking a look in there anyway, if I remember correctly they had some cool jewlery there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

just some large gauge stuff, nothing out of the ordinary

Wilburt wrote: »
    just some large gauge stuff, nothing out of the ordinary
    you sure he has no implants???

eh well, have a poke about. you may find something interesting...

• Advertisement

ha ha eh.....I don't know who'd find that more awkward...Glen...or the person doing the poking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Have two piercings myself. Both were done in Adonis by Glen.

First was my eyebrow which was done 7 years ago and still going well.

Number two was my tongue which went without a hitch also. Can't remember what it was but he was about to spray something in my mouth (presume it was a mild anaesthetic) and I mentioned I was asthmatic. He stopped immediately and called his local pharmacist to find out whether the spray was ok to use on me and also if the piercing would affect me due to swelling. Both of which were fine.

Completely professional and I would trust him completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Soundman wrote: »
    Can't remember what it was but he was about to spray something in my mouth (presume it was a mild anaesthetic) and I mentioned I was asthmatic. He stopped immediately and called his local pharmacist to find out whether the spray was ok to use on me and also if the piercing would affect me due to swelling. Both of which were fine.

Apart from that anaesthetic shouldn't be used on any piercings, as:
    1) It's really not needed
    2) If something isn't right, the anaesthetic can mask that, and the piercer won't know before you've left the studio.

I presume it was a spray style mouthwash??

I've heard of places using spray anaesthetic before though, which really is a bad idea as I'm sure you'd agree Wilburt!

oh yeah heard of places like that, but those places are hack job studios. Adonis is not

Not suggesting that Glen is anywhere near a hack job :eek:

More just commenting on the mention of anaesthetic, when I brought my GF's sister to get her tongue done, she kept asking the girl doing the piercing for anaesthetic, as her friends that had their tongues pierced had got spray anaesthetic when they were getting theirs done. Took me and the piercer a while to talk her out of it, and the piercing went perfectly well, and she was fine after.

Ah my sincerest apologies Damo, I misunderstood you (as per usual) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Have two piercings myself. Both were done in Adonis by Glen.

First was my eyebrow which was done 7 years ago and still going well.

Number two was my tongue which went without a hitch also. Can't remember what it was but he was about to spray something in my mouth (presume it was a mild anaesthetic) and I mentioned I was asthmatic. He stopped immediately and called his local pharmacist to find out whether the spray was ok to use on me and also if the piercing would affect me due to swelling. Both of which were fine.

He uses an oral version of xylocaine about a 3% solu of an otc brand, can't remember the name off the top of my head, It does sfa to numb the pain of the piercing but it stops people flinching when they are being clamped.

Also the reason for glen being cheap is, basically he isn't paying 2k per week rent that some of the "better" studios are paying, Just remember the cost of materials in a piercing are a very small factor in the total cost, needle about €1, bcr for example €2, autoclave bag €0.50. So if you're paying €50 for a piercing and €4-5 is what the equipment cost makes you wonder what the rest is for.

Also the reason for glen being cheap is, basically he isn't paying 2k per week rent that some of the "better" studios are paying, Just remember the cost of materials in a piercing are a very small factor in the total cost, needle about €1, bcr for example €2, autoclave bag €0.50. So if you're paying €50 for a piercing and €4-5 is what the equipment cost makes you wonder what the rest is for.

Women, limo's, expensive houses and more women... more than likely rent/loan on the premises

• Advertisement

Wilburt wrote: »
    Women, limo's, expensive houseswomen and more women... more than likely rent/loan on the premises

Fixed that for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

my new personal favorite is bodyshock so im gonna recommend there,gonna make a return visit very soon:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My mate got her septume done in there a while ago, and he didnt do a great job on it, not only my thoughts, the guys in snakebite said the same when she got them to check it out for her.
    Snakebite said they'd fix (not the best word, but im tired) it for her if she wantd to but she was to poor.. aww

But yeah anyway, not a great story on glens part.

Yes, AmazingEmmet. That is the stuff. Not sure why I said anaesthetic. Was thinking Antibacterial mouthwash, or suchlike. Xylocaine or whatever it was called sounds vaguely familiar. Didn't numb anything but was a little tingly.

Is Adonis cheap? Not having many piercings, and having only gone to Glen I wouldn't know. Thought that they were a pretty standard price.

CianRyan wrote: »
    My mate got her septume done in there a while ago, and he didnt do a great job on it, not only my thoughts, the guys in snakebite said the same when she got them to check it out for her.
    Snakebite said they'd fix (not the best word, but im tired) it for her if she wantd to but she was to poor.. aww

But yeah anyway, not a great story on glens part.

To respond to this, there's been a fight going on between those two studios for about ten years. Glen was actually one of the founders of that place and came up with the name, then what ever happened and now they bad mouth each other at any chance

Yes, AmazingEmmet. That is the stuff. Not sure why I said anaesthetic. Was thinking Antibacterial mouthwash, or suchlike. Xylocaine or whatever it was called sounds vaguely familiar. Didn't numb anything but was a little tingly.

It is an anaesthetic

Interesting. Still didn't numb anything, though I have a very high tolerance when it comes to getting knocked out. If I am going to the dentist I usually require 7 or 8 shots of anaesthetic. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Xochi

well those stupid **** in fantasia threw out the best piercer in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭AvaKinder

seriously? Where's glen gonna work from now?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

3 Year old thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement