Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Slipknot Launch Clothing Line!!

• 13-07-2008 11:12am

This has to be one of the most ridiculous articles,I've ever read...

Until now,I was completely unaware of Corey Taylor's crusade for kids to "get cool clothing at affordable prices"..:D

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=5360343
    or
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/11/AR2008071103221.html

Slipknot Offers Fans Tattered Ready-to-Wear

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - Slipknot will join the ranks of such artists-turned-entrepreneurs as Jay-Z and Sean "Diddy" Combs when the mask-clad metal band launches its own clothing line this summer, Billboard has learned.

The band's clothing line, Tattered and Torn, is named after a song on the band's self-released 1996 album, "Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat," and will initially be sold exclusively in North America at Hot Topic stores beginning in late July, according Tom Bennett, CEO of Bravado, the merchandising arm of Universal Music Group.

"It's just something more for our fans," Slipknot vocalist Corey Taylor said. "It's a way for them to get cool clothing at affordable prices."

Tattered and Torn will launch with "basic boys and girls hoodies" before becoming a "full-range clothing line," Bennett said.

Slipknot manager Cory Brennan acknowledged that merchandise is the largest revenue stream for the band, citing touring as a close second. "People who wear Slipknot merchandise wear it as a badge of honor," Brennan said. "They want to show the world that they support this band and are a part of this culture."

Slipknot percussionist Shawn "Clown" Crahan said that some diehard fans have been known to wear the band's merchandise for months on end. "The teachers would call their parents and say, 'These kids aren't washing their clothes,"' Crahan said. "But in fact, the kid is coming home every night and washing the shirt, because he wants to represent his mind-set."
    But of all the merchandise Slipknot offers to its "Maggot" fans, as the band refers to them, T-shirts and sweatshirts with an image of the nine members are still the hottest sellers, according to Brennan.

The idea to sell Slipknot's one-of-a-kind masks, which change slightly with each new album cycle, came after the band's inner circle noticed that fans were wearing homemade masks to the act's concerts. Those tend to sell best around Halloween, according to Bennett, and Slipknot's management is hoping that the band's newly designed masks, which were recently revealed on AOL Music's Spinner.com, will be ready in time for Halloween 2008.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Meh, it's the norm these days for every band to try to squeeze as much out of their merch as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

bet you they won't be "affordable"... or nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

No way... you mean a gimmicky and infamous band are trying to cash in on the millions of nigh on mindless drones they call fans with a lucrative and competitively priced clothing line? Will wonders never cease!?

Seriously though, if I see kids wearing this stuff I reserve my right to set them on fire :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

As the article said, its their biggest source of income. With so much music being downloaded for nothing I dont really see the problem with them wanting to make it from merchandise

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No news, seen their clothes in magazines for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

they call fans

Don't you mean maggots :P .
    Dr.Poca wrote: »
    As the article said, its their biggest source of income. With so much music being downloaded for nothing I dont really see the problem with them wanting to make it from merchandise

++

I am only too happy for idiots to buy ****e, if it allows me to get music cheaper :) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Oh god...this is almost as sickening as their diabolical (not in the good sense) new single.

Why can't they just quit and leave with some small shred of dignity???

Advertisement