Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

netgear upgrade

Options
  • 13-07-2008 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭

if any one is tryin to upgrade their netgear router with ff3 and when ya try upload the file it says invalid character or somethin like that
    go to settings and disable jave or use ie to upload,had this trouble this mornin
    i dont know y it happens but it does

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Here's another recommended upgrade for any Netgear router...
    Most worthwhile upgrade that I've ever made!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i was on the phone to upc this mornin bout crap speeds and he even siad he thinks the netgear are crap and he has a linksys
    btw i meant upgradin the firmware on the router

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I know, I was trying to be funny and informative at the same time:p

I had nothing but trouble with my netgear router - crap speeds when using wireless (even without any encryption)/dropping wireless signal if more than 2 people connect at the same time/router freezing if someone used a custom emote on MSN (seriously!!!)
    No amount of firmware upgrades and pissing about with settings fixed it for me, so in the end I just gave up and bought a Linksys router.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

tman wrote: »
    Here's another recommended upgrade for any Netgear router...
    Most worthwhile upgrade that I've ever made!

Thats exactly what I did and never looked back. I also added a set of these to mine also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

yeah i'm on the 20mb bb and could only get 5 mb over wireless and the pc is only bout 10 ft if even from the router but it has to pass through two solid walls

• Advertisement
Advertisement