Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 broadband gone this morning?

Options
  • 13-07-2008 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else left without service all morning?

Rang o2 but wait times exceed 5minutes and there was no information on the automated message saying when normal service might be resumed!

They also must realise it costs customers more money the more they mess up!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I hear they have some internets down Californy way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭swoofer

website down as well, i'd say they are having serious problems, at least it is sunday.

gb--

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

kinda down most of yesterday evening as well, some webpages are opening, some are not

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

what is it with 02 and inadequate services. The website is often down, your paying for broadband you shouldn't keep having interrupted service-its very annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

dont mind the occasional interruption in service(this is the 1st in a week of fantastic service) if they would put a message on the phone giving an approximate time it should be fixed or try to cut down the waiting time when you ring, well in excess of 5minutes is just a bit too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Did anyone get hold of O2 and find out what is going on? O2.ie is still down. I cannot ping any websites although I could ping the likes of BTs and Smarts DNS etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

shame forum is down aswell
    Buddy told me they had to work over the weekend so i guess its maintenence or he burned the place down :)

must have needed a lot of maintenance as its still kaput after over 6 hours! or it has something to do with the recent upgrade to 7.2mb speeds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Seems to be back. Posting this via O2 broadband. Seems to have started Friday evening. Random websites unavailable including Boards.ie. Got slowly worse yesterday. Completely down midday today. Dialling 1740 you get an automated message "We are experiencing difficulties" etc, then you get through and are told "5 minute waiting time".

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

first time back on since my earlier post

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

Yep its back rang customer service this morning and got through, the guy said it was one of their servers was down.

i have had no o2 service all day including now i have a very poor edge signal and web pages are timing out continuously it is most definitely not fixed!

Speed test statistics
    Download speed: 14392 bps
    Upload speed: 19256 bps
    Quality of service: 8 %
    Download test type: socket
    Upload test type: HTTP
    Maximum download pause: 3962 ms
    Average download pause: 1837 ms
    Minimum round trip time to server: 380 ms
    Average round trip time to server: 1690 ms

VoIP test statistics
    Jitter: you --> server: 155.0 ms
    Jitter: server --> you: off
    Packet loss: you --> server: 4.6 %
    Packet loss: server --> you: off
    Packet discards: 0.0 %
    Packets out of order: 0.0 %
    Number of supported VoIP lines: 0
    Estimated MOS score: 1.3

Sorry to hear that Foggy. Tried a selection of favourites pages and they all loaded as per normal. Signal fine as well (4 bar HSPA, 5 bar WCDMA, changes back and over). In fact signal was always there, even when no webpages were accessible last night and early today.

295694114.png
    seems a bit(LOT) better now! thank god for that was getting that deja vu feeling for a while.

few questions need answers though like if this was a planned maintenance outage why were customers not informed about it via a text message to their modems? it would have cost little set against people thinking o2 don't care about their custom.

and if an unscheduled breakdown, why did it take so long to get it fixed? i realise it is sunday but could more have been done to resolve it faster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

I have o2 broadband and i couldn't load some pages last nite. This morning around 11am we had total failure. :@ then around 4 i got service back. Torrents were ok during downtime tho. I think it was dns.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Just thought I'd let you know that I've been having the same problem but for the last 2 weeks - modem tells me it's connected and getting decent signal but unable to get onto any web pages.
    Been trying to ping various addresses but getting the no respose message.
    Today was probably the worst - pretty much all day it was playing up:mad:
    Their customer service guys told me on Friday to try using a different usb port and then to uninstall/re-install - god knows how many times I've done that!!!!! But still it's the same.
    Not a happy bijou at the moment:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

My o2 was fine all weekend (other than the usual contention). However DNS was badly broken, meaning lots of timeout/gateway-reply errors on my handset. I could use OpenDNS on my laptop (handset as modem) to work around the issue.

296147437.png

think i spoke too soon about it being fixed? trying to get through on phone but wait time exceeds 5 minutes again so i am most likely not the only person with a problem tonight

It mightn't be a problem that speed at this time of the evening Foggy. Its busy now, plus it could be contention, i.e. you are sharing the bandwidth with other users, hence the slower speeds.

compared to the speeds at the same times all last week mine are less than half what they were!
    296178619.png296179007.png296171561.png

seems to me it is more than contention or they have made the same mistakes as three?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭corkie

I was getting poor performance from my e220 since the servers went down at the weekend.

Tonight i used it under vista and re-registered the device with the network.

296190435.png

296193357.png

Yes from the e220 with firmware upgrade available on the 02 website

Now I'm getting the above speeds.

...J

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Lordy

I was having issues with it last night as well - it was weird, I would ping ok, but no joy with getting any web pages. I couldn't ping ip addresses for a while either, although domain names were fine.

I'll try it again tonight and see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Lordy

Still no joy. Gah. I'll try the suggestion mentioned by cgarvey about using open DNS servers and see if that does the trick. If not, I just registered an account with the O2 forum, so I'll ask on there if anyone else is still having issues ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Working fine again now:)

Advertisement