Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The NPN (No Purchase Necessary) Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

OH MY GOD! Esteemed gentlemen, I have been so stupid. Here is what I was doing.

Prefix: My mobile Number Main number: My landline

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::o

I'm going to bed:( This ends on Tuesday btw

EDIT: OMG It seems so simple now! WTF was I thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

implosive wrote: »
    Woot !! got a text there saying i won :D:D !! thanks eamon234 ! I entered like 100 times over the las few days !! said its gonna take 30days to get the deep riverrock kit ! Must enter again !! think it ends next fri !!

Well done! The Boardsies have done well from this comp:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭chat2joe

wii_tm.jpgwii_tm.jpgwii_tm.jpgwii_tm.jpgwii_tm.jpgwii_tm.jpgwii_tm.jpgwii_tm.jpgwii_tm.jpgwii_tm.jpg

Hey guys,

Just giving you a heads up on a new NPN Competition - Lidl are offering 10 x Nintendo Wii's as prizes, you just have to play a flash game then you can enter.

Only one entry per person though. Multiple entries will be accepted for moving up the "High Scores" table but it will only be a competition entry once. Ireland & N Ireland entries. Ends 24th August 2008.

http://www.lidl.ie/IE/home.nsf/pages/c.service.g.index

Enjoy! :cool:

Joe

0.84?OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭chat2joe

Btw i think there someone picking out the Deep River Rock entries.... or somethin to stop multiple entries. I entered over 3000 times so far and no joy. :confused:

Tried even targetting a single hour per day and stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

i got 202

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

359:) How the hell did people get 2000+?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I got 834

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Brings back memories from the Decathlon arcade game in mid eighties and the subsequent Commodore64 ripoffs. Bloody addictive. :)

The flippin long jump is poxy hard. When you hit the up button to jump, the power flies down. I reckon those with 2000+ had someone working the left & right and someone else hitting up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Win 1 of 10 Manor House Weekend Breaks

Just need to enter details and complete a tie-break

http://www.sqeez.ie/redemption/index.html

Closes 7th September 2008

I buy Sqeez orange juice on a regular basis and I only saw this on a carton I bought yesterday - might not be too many entries into this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Win 1 of 10 Manor House Weekend Breaks

Just need to enter details and complete a tie-break

http://www.sqeez.ie/redemption/index.html

Closes 7th September 2008

I buy Sqeez orange juice on a regular basis and I only saw this on a carton I bought yesterday - might not be too many entries into this.

wont seem to accept gmail or hotmail account for the email..
    so gave up !

I entered ok with my gmail address.

I entered there it took my hotmail address no problem
    Thanks for the post MementoMori

• Registered Users Posts: 28 implosive

Weahea just got my ipod(and other stuff) there now by DHL express !! Brilliant prize !! Didnt think they wud be that quick !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

same! got mine at about 9.30 this morning, took 14 days i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Is the Riverrock still working - I click on the How to Enter button and nothing happens :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

think it's over now!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

that would expain it DOH!

Entered the Sqeez one though so I might be lucky at that (NOT!)

If I was the only person in a competition, they would cancel the competiton I am that unlucky :D

Got my RiverRock pack this morning:D:D

Considering putting my tent up in my bedroom and going camping tonight :D[uber child of the year] - I live in an apartment the city centre, so the back garden aint an option

Riverrock competition is over

I entered the Sqeez one with a hotmail address and had no problem.

Havent had time to check how the NPN works on this but there is one:

http://walkers-crisps.ie

Loads of prizes here - NPN code is Bootleg
    Only one entry per household I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Their T&Cs say that you consent to be used on video and a load of things like that, if you win something. I've never seen that kinda stuff mentioned in T&Cs before for NPN raffles. Is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Their T&Cs say that you consent to be used on video and a load of things like that, if you win something. I've never seen that kinda stuff mentioned in T&Cs before for NPN raffles. Is that normal?

Saw that as well while checking for an age limit... but I figure if I did happen to win (by whatever chance or stroke of luck) I'd be too old for them to want to bother to use me as an advertisment!

"Hey look kids! Nick.co.uk is sooo great and have such great competitions that, if you watch us/visit our site a lot, you can be a winner like this guy.... err... this old.... fat guy...." :pac:

A lot of t&cs have the old publicity clause - but this comp's t&cs do seem a bit 'focused' on this aspect. The people running the competitions can put whatever they like in the t&cs.

Any radio or tv station will have that in their t&c's - I recall being used on an ad for Ian Dempsey for a while 'cause I won something on a competition - highly embarassing - mind you I got a holiday worth 2 grand!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Got a text saying that I won a Deep Festival Pack, Texted the number back on two mobiles and guess what ... I got two packs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

Rockin wrote: »
    Got a text saying that I won a Deep Festival Pack, Texted the number back on two mobiles and guess what ... I got two packs :)

Very nice. Mine arrived today. It's at home waiting for me right now :D:D:D
    THXVMUCH Eamon dude. Best post ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭mcmc

Rockin wrote: »

Whats the number so we can all try it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

So what do y'all think of the DF packs? The chair is actually quite nice. I haven't really looked at the other stuff bar the iPod.

The chair is dead handy, I watched TV and played with the new ipod all day on it yday. The sleeping bag is a bit cheap and cheerful but I'd imagine it would do the trick. Took the tent out of its bag but didn't bother to set it up as it seems pretty bog standard a tent. I doubt it would keep out the rain very well but I don't think I'll ever use it either way. I'd rather sleep in my car.
    The ipod is handy out. The backlight didn't work originally, but i fixed that with a quick reset(hold down select and menu) I only wish I had some better music to put on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Got my kit yesterday too. Many thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Energizeer wrote: »
    The chair is dead handy, I watched TV and played with the new ipod all day on it yday. The sleeping bag is a bit cheap and cheerful but I'd imagine it would do the trick. Took the tent out of its bag but didn't bother to set it up as it seems pretty bog standard a tent. I doubt it would keep out the rain very well but I don't think I'll ever use it either way. I'd rather sleep in my car.
    The ipod is handy out. The backlight didn't work originally, but i fixed that with a quick reset(hold down select and menu) I only wish I had some better music to put on it.

Well you're lucky, Got mine back in July and it came BROKEN !!, Believe me I have done everything to get it to start, reset - restore, software updates.

Their Crummy packaging probably broke it, Now i'm waiting for Someone from Coke ( Riverrock) to call me ...a month later. I mean come on they just put an ipod loose in a big box and didn't expect it to "bounce" around.
    And clearly mine bounced around alot !!

But I did get an ipod even if it's a broken one so thanks to the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

It could be Apples fault so ring Apple. There is a years warranty and you dont need a receipt to get it repaired.

Was talking to someone today regarding the M&M's NPN codes - they got through and were told it would be a "few weeks" before codes were sent out as they were waiting on headed notepaper!:mad:

My local shop only has peanut M&M's I'm sick of them (and about 2 stone heavier!)

Hi All
    I found this on a web advert for Meteor on Yahoo.ie in the news section it's on other parts of it as well. You need to look for an ad for Meteor Connect and Win (There is another ad for free phones ignore that.)

It gives you a code and a link to see if you've won - beauty is if you refresh the ad it gives you a new code! You may need to refresh a few times to get to the ad again.

You can also enter your email address to get extra codes

Prizes are vouchers for meals theatre etc

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

eamon234 wrote: »
    Hi All
    I found this on a web advert for Meteor on Yahoo.ie in the news section it's on other parts of it as well. You need to look for an ad for Meteor Connect and Win (There is another ad for free phones ignore that.)

It gives you a code and a link to see if you've won - beauty is if you refresh the ad it gives you a new code! You may need to refresh a few times to get to the ad again.

You can also enter your email address to get extra codes

Prizes are vouchers for meals theatre etc

Good luck!

Have you a link? Can't find it on Yahoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Dingatron wrote: »
    Have you a link? Can't find it on Yahoo.

I had a look around yahoo.ie as well with no luck.

Just go to Yahoo.ie and click any of the news articles on the home page you should see it - like I said you might need to refresh the page a few times to see it

http://www.cokezerozero7.com/

See T&C's for phone number to get an NPN code - 1 per day

Good Luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

eamon234 wrote: »
    http://www.cokezerozero7.com/

See T&C's for phone number to get an NPN code - 1 per day

Good Luck!

It seems like you have to phone ONLY in for NPN entries

"8. No purchase is necessary - To enter without purchase for the same chance to win call the Freephone number ROI, 1800 317 318 or NI, 0800 317 318. If you have won a prize we will contact you within 28 days. Limited to one entry per person per day."

Correct?

yes phone only - I think they learned their lesson with the Cokemusic thing:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Does it take long, do they want much details?

davton wrote: »
    Does it take long, do they want much details?

I haven't had a chance to try yet - but judging from similar NPN's from other comps I doubt it probably just want your name and number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭DefenseSoapEire

good stuff guys

They ask name address date of birth and phone number. And which promotion you want to enter !
    All than and i still didn't win today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

They ask name address date of birth and phone number. And which promotion you want to enter !
    All than and i still didn't win today.

Eh, what other Coke promotions are there around to enter?

I called them today nice lady on the phone very pleasant didn't mention any other promotions - apparently they have to physically open a can or bottle there and put the code through online - they then tell you if you've won or not - no luck today:(

• Advertisement

Found a new site. http://www.morethanjustagame.ie/

There's a competition for rugby gear/tickets. Seeing as it's a new site, the chances of winning could be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Rushdie

Hows it going didn't no were to post.

Just after winning a Nintendo DS in the YOP giveaway, they sent me a text message asking for my details which i sent them and got a replay saying i would receive prize within 28 days, then a few minutes later received another text asking me to post 0.50 cent to receive my prize.

Just wondering if anyone has won anything with this giveaway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My daughter won a DS first week of this comp, got same text for name and address then one asking for 50c. Didn't send it but DS arrived 2 days later by Courier. I'd ignore it. meant to call and complain myself, bit of a cheek asking for 50c, I'm sure postage more than that.
    Lovely new turquoise DS here though, she's still drinking 3 a week in hope of getting another for best friend:D

www.potnoodle.ie

NPN competition but you have to send a letter requesting the unique code, so it's not the best.

Rushdie wrote: »
    Hows it going didn't no were to post.

Just after winning a Nintendo DS in the YOP giveaway, they sent me a text message asking for my details which i sent them and got a replay saying i would receive prize within 28 days, then a few minutes later received another text asking me to post 0.50 cent to receive my prize.

Just wondering if anyone has won anything with this giveaway

For some reason the NPN option on this one is for NI only which doesn't seem fair. Had a few flutters - no luck but you've got a good chance of winning on this one considering a bottle of Yop isn't too expensive and they seem to have an average of 50-60 entries per hour

• Advertisement
Advertisement