Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The NPN (No Purchase Necessary) Thread

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 buff2gruff

im such an idiot sent 3 at a tie last night so EVERYONE is going to be on that 10 am 1:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Won a DS today woohoo! Sent 2 in for the midday draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

How do I get onto this yop thingy bob?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Energizeer wrote: »
    How do I get onto this yop thingy bob?

Buy a yop to get a code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

So it isn't an NPN?

feck that

phasers wrote: »
    So it isn't an NPN?

feck that

Nope its not.. Iv spent so much on yops now just to get the codes. In most of the hourly draws only about 60 people enter. Iv never won tho:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Then why is it in this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

I'm gunna rob some yops. That'll be a NPN.
    Haven't had a yop in yonks, will give it a shot for sure

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Did anyone get an NPN code from the fullcolourgaming.com site?
    I sent off for a few in July and still nothing back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Same here, nothing back. But in the T&Cs it states: "The Promoter cannot accept responsibility for free entry applications and/or promotional codes lost, delayed or which fail to be submitted for whatever reason." :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Ordered a 6 pack of Yop from Tesco and the ones that arrived didn't have the offer. BAH :mad: Stupid expensive stuff.

Grawns wrote: »
    Ordered a 6 pack of Yop from Tesco and the ones that arrived didn't have the offer. BAH :mad: Stupid expensive stuff.

Ya its only the single ones. Its over the 26th so only 3 more days to enter.

i sent 17 codes in today just an hour ago.
    I won a DS but they want 50 cent??
    I'm not sure if they will send me my DS if i don't pay.
    Did anyone else do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jacob55

I have a Yop code..but dont have the number to text it to.
    Anyone have the number handy..and the instructions?

Cheers
    JJ

Jacob55 wrote: »
    I have a Yop code..but dont have the number to text it to.
    Anyone have the number handy..and the instructions?

Cheers
    JJ

you send your codes to 53799
    plus you have to text YOP in capitals before your code
    so a sample would be

YOP 5DDUF75FFH5
    good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jacob55

Thanks very much buff2gruff!

JJ

buff2gruff wrote: »
    i sent 17 codes in today just an hour ago.
    I won a DS but they want 50 cent??
    I'm not sure if they will send me my DS if i don't pay.
    Did anyone else do this?

No don't pay it - just text back your name and address and you'll have it in 2-3 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

racso1975 wrote: »

Link not working???

Edit: My bad, it is working now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

racso1975 wrote: »

From the site:
    Just enter in your details opposite to reveal a welcome surprise, and be in with a chance to win your man the ideal stocking filler this Christmas.

And the small print:
    Closing date is 15th January 2009 at 12pm. Winners will be drawn on the 19th January 2009.

:D Awful late stocking filler... unless they're using the razors on their own legs to fill stockings for valentines ;):p

Entered anyway! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

eamon234 wrote: »
    http://www.cokezerozero7.com/

See T&C's for phone number to get an NPN code - 1 per day

Good Luck!
    I called them today nice lady on the phone very pleasant didn't mention any other promotions - apparently they have to physically open a can or bottle there and put the code through online - they then tell you if you've won or not - no luck today:(

Was expecting to get through to an automated thing, so getting through to a quite pleasant lady was a surprise! :) Didn't win though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nayru

lidl advent calender NPN comp
    http://xmas08.lidl.com/cps/rde/xchg/SID-3F57B268-62511662/adventskalender/hs.xsl/start_ie_roi.htm

click on the relevant date, answers are found on the lidl site

From the T&C
    The entry then needs to be validated via the entrants personal email. A different prize shall be given out on each day of the competition. An entry is valid for one day only. Each participant has to enter separately for each daily prize draw. A daily winner will be drawn at random from all correct entries on that day.

apologies if this has already been posted..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gapmunky

is that ds competition still going???

gapmunky wrote: »
    is that ds competition still going???

If you're talking about the Yop one - no

ah okay thanks eamon!
    theres a few competitions available on bebo which are pretty good, ive won 4 phones, ox3gen tickets, credit amongst other,
    the an post bebo site has good competitions as well as o2 and vodafone, vodafone(on bebo) have only started a comp yesterday and are giving away prizes each day!
    also facebook/bebo has an application of a flash game for the network 3 which is a geography game and the highest scorer each week gets a phone and i have just won last weeks one! i anyone needs links just reply to this!

• Advertisement

ah okay thanks eamon!
    theres a few competitions available on bebo which are pretty good, ive won 4 phones, ox3gen tickets, credit amongst other,
    the an post bebo site has good competitions as well as o2 and vodafone, vodafone(on bebo) have only started a comp yesterday and are giving away prizes each day!
    also facebook/bebo has an application of a flash game for the network 3 which is a geography game and the highest scorer each week gets a phone and i have just won last weeks one! i anyone needs links just reply to this!

Post away we're all friends here;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Bakharwaldog

ah okay thanks eamon!

Nice..had a look for them competitions but couldnt find em. Any chance you could throw up the links?

It's been very quiet of late but finally came across something

http://www.apple.com/itunes/billion-app-countdown/entryform/

Draw to win loads of Apple gear - slim chance I know as it's pretty much worldwide but hey a chance is a chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

It's been very quiet of late but finally came across something

http://www.apple.com/itunes/billion-app-countdown/entryform/

Draw to win loads of Apple gear - slim chance I know as it's pretty much worldwide but hey a chance is a chance!

says you can enter 25 times a day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Lidl Easter Competition - open 'til 15th April
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.Easter.index
    0.84?OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=jpg

suppafly wrote: »
    says you can enter 25 times a day!

Seems to only let you enter once though :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Jaffa Cakes are running a competition with Virgin. Look it up for yourselves to get the details.
    Probably not the best NPN as the cost of the stamp to the UK would be the same as the packet of Jaffa Cakes (Tesco doing 1/2 price at the mo.)
    None the less it is an NPN.

No purchase necessary. To enter, send your name, address, date of birth and
    mobile telephone number clearly printed on a plain piece of paper to: NPN Jaffa
    Cakes, PO Box 485, Wilstead, MK45 3BP. Entries without a mobile number will not be included.
    NPN entries will be entered into the system for the next available draw. Only one entry per stamped envelope, per person, per day. No bulk or third party entries will be accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

http://www.galaxybookclub.co.uk/reads/no-purchase-necessary.aspx
    win a book get a new no purchase necessary code every day.

eliza64 wrote: »
    http://www.galaxybookclub.co.uk/reads/no-purchase-necessary.aspx
    win a book get a new no purchase necessary code every day.

Won one today

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

thanks used about three email addresses and finally won

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

http://www.go-cat.co.uk/games/

Go-cat freebies enter as many times as you like, draw every month.
    Entry words Duck, Ball, bag, pen and streamer.
    Have to register.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

McCoys crisps have a "Win Gadgets Everyday" promotion open to the UK and ROI. There are ipods, iphones and PS3s up for grabs. Unforunately you have to write away for the NPN code.
    No purchase necessary. Simply send your name and address to McCoy's Gadgets - NPN, PO Box 485, Wilstead, Beds, MK45 3BP, UK. A four digit code will be sent to you to enter via text or online. A maximum of two entries per person, per postcode, per day. Only one entry per email address / mobile number per day. Please retain your original 'Free Entry Results Letter' in order to claim any prize.

chilly wrote: »
    McCoys crisps have a "Win Gadgets Everyday" promotion open to the UK and ROI. There are ipods, iphones and PS3s up for grabs. Unforunately you have to write away for the NPN code.

The code is the last four digits of barcode
    It's 8115 on flame grilled steak crisps.
    http://www.mccoys.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mitabrev

anyone won on mccoys probably an iphone. i won one but its locked on uk network wondering if anyone experience the same. what can we do to unlock the phone as on the packet terms and conditions it should work in ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

mitabrev wrote: »
    anyone won on mccoys probably an iphone. i won one but its locked on uk network wondering if anyone experience the same. what can we do to unlock the phone as on the packet terms and conditions it should work in ireland

Hm, I won an iphone but never received it, even after resending the letter and attempted email contact - so they don't seem the best.

Anyway, I think something like yellowsn0w will unlock the iphone so you can use it on any network. It's not ideal though if you just want to use it on O2 as you were supposed to be able. Perhaps contact O2 Uk and explain maybe they can do something.

red_fox wrote: »
    Hm, I won an iphone but never received it, even after resending the letter and attempted email contact - so they don't seem the best.

Anyway, I think something like yellowsn0w will unlock the iphone so you can use it on any network. It's not ideal though if you just want to use it on O2 as you were supposed to be able. Perhaps contact O2 Uk and explain maybe they can do something.

Have you still not received your iphone?
    Not the best alright!:rolleyes:
    I've called O2 UK, O2 IE, and apple.
    All say the same thing - can't unlock.
    I'm trying to contact McCoys because this is not acceptable, especially as the terms of the competition stated that the irish winners would get an irish SIM. They've a clear responsibility to sort this.
    I'll see what happens when they ring me, whenever that'll be......

Have you still not received your iphone?
    Not the best alright!:rolleyes:
    I've called O2 UK, O2 IE, and apple.
    All say the same thing - can't unlock.
    I'm trying to contact McCoys because this is not acceptable, especially as the terms of the competition stated that the irish winners would get an irish SIM. They've a clear responsibility to sort this.
    I'll see what happens when they ring me, whenever that'll be......

I won in July and two letters and two emails and since I've had nothing. How long were you waiting to get the iphone (although it's been over three months for me so I've given up).

There are ways to unlock it anyway, I wanted to use it on Vodafone but I didn't look into it more that to see if it was possible. Although I remember the t&c stating you (we) would an Irish O2 iphone, with sim and €10 credit, so you shouldn't have to do it yourself.

red_fox wrote: »
    I won in July and two letters and two emails and since I've had nothing. How long were you waiting to get the iphone (although it's been over three months for me so I've given up).

There are ways to unlock it anyway, I wanted to use it on Vodafone but I didn't look into it more that to see if it was possible. Although I remember the t&c stating you (we) would an Irish O2 iphone, with sim and €10 credit, so you shouldn't have to do it yourself.

Exactly, we shouldn't need to do it ourselves.
    Red Fox, if I were you I'd call this number: 1800551679 or 00441234742777 (ask for karen)
    We won in july, and didn't hear anything so we saw a UK forum and the winners there were starting to contact McCoy's asking for they're prizes, so we decided to contact them last week. We posted the packaging and other documents through registered mail (because of the strike in UK). We got the iphone a week after they got the packaging.
    Tell them the story, and the letters you sent, and ask them when you'll expect it.
    Good Luck and let me know how you get on.....

Exactly, we shouldn't need to do it ourselves.
    Red Fox, if I were you I'd call this number: 1800551679 or 00441234742777 (ask for karen)
    We won in july, and didn't hear anything so we saw a UK forum and the winners there were starting to contact McCoy's asking for they're prizes, so we decided to contact them last week. We posted the packaging and other documents through registered mail (because of the strike in UK). We got the iphone a week after they got the packaging.
    Tell them the story, and the letters you sent, and ask them when you'll expect it.
    Good Luck and let me know how you get on.....

Maybe I should have sent it registered just to be safe but I find it hard to believe three letters were lost! Thanks for the number, I'll give it call next week and see what happens, it seems quite poorly run overall. I hope things work out for you also, you're half way there!

Update,

I called the freephone number last week, they looked into it and told me it was to be sent that week. So today I recieved it, and on the letter it said ROI residents will get a ROI sim, but in fact it was UK.

The lady on the phone was very helpful and I want to unlock it anyway so it being UK is fine, but it would be disappointing if I was an O2 Ireland customer, overall I'm quite happy.

How did you get on mitabrev?

they were in touch with me since last week while waiting for the guy in charge who just got back today. it was nice for them to keep on updating me. anyway the guy rang me today and said he'll email me of steps on how to return the phone for free postage and then they'll send me an o2 ireland iphone.

glad you got yours already redfox...enjoy it and congratulations as well!!!

That's good, they had problems but they've dealt with them well I think. I just unlocked mine using a piece of software released earlier today (I saw it in the apple forum here).

Slim pickings lately on the old NPN front:
    One for the ladies (or cross dressers!)
    www.bueno-designerbag.com
    Daily draw for - you guessed it - a designer bag!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement