Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Looks great!

Gotta lol at the SSD just hanging in there! I have an SSD stuck under my HDD with adhesive tape hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

ah it will look better when i can be bothered to actually cable tidy it. Thats just what it looks like after spending 20 mins putting it together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

did you mount the H50 radiator on the top exhaust?

I thought mounting it on the rear exhaust (and converting it to an intake) gave the best results in the 800D.

I tried it but i found this setup works best:

All three fans on the top as intake, the h50 is on push pull, the rear 140mm fan as exhaust, And the fans on the side of the case hidden by the side panel work as exhaust too throwing air over the 2 hdd cages and behind the motherboard tray and out the back vented panel. I find the 3 fans at the top as intake work best as cool air is pushed over the cpu socket and ram.

My temps arnt going over 52c full load with octt torture test:

02aa9.png
    7bc83.png
    7579b.png
    c7113.png

Tonight im going to take it back up to 3.5ghz and see what the temps are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Some new shots of my rig,taken with my new SLR

4232267212_cec9fb7961_b.jpg

4231493931_837f78d29f_b.jpg

4231491355_0812e138a9_b.jpg

4233776776_0387cbe878_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

That thing OCd yet? ;)

Solitaire wrote: »
    That thing OCd yet? ;)

Had it up at 4GHz,but this board has a temper tantrum whenever I want to overclock (it wont save the OC most of the time once it's turned off).It is however,a beast of a yoke for high FSB.I've benched at 4.3GHz :D

It never goes above 30 degrees under load at stock though ;)

Those P14's (on the IFX) are amazing,I have them spinning at 1300RPM and cant hear a thing.Definity going to get more Noctua products in the future

Duuuude. Awesome pics !

Thanks,I <3 my SLR :)

How's the H50 doing Anti ?

Pretty awesome, i think im gonna try out some higher cfm fans on it to see if it gets any improvement.

• Advertisement

Anti wrote: »
    Pretty awesome, i think im gonna try out some higher cfm fans on it to see if it gets any improvement.

Thats good to hear,I want one of them,I love my IFX,but its just not practical at all

I've seen people mod it with a 240mm (double the size of the stock) radiator,I'd probably do that if I bought one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

ok, here's my new baby...

commandeered my GFs desk and monitor for bench testing mobo with old hard drive and laptop CD drive...
    Pc01.jpg
    Pc02.jpg

installed in case...
    Pc03.jpg
    Pc04.jpg

a look in the drive bays...
    Pc05.jpg

open...
    Pc06.jpg

closed...
    Pc07.jpg

the back...
    Pc08.jpg
    Pc09.jpg

Specs:

Asus rampage II extreme mobo
    i7 2.66 GHz OC to 4GHz
    6gb Corsair ddr3
    nVidia 6200 LE (I'm waiting for GF100 Fermi cards to come out)
    1000w corsair psu
    Megahealms CPU cooler
    2 X Corsair Performance 64gb in RAID 0
    LG Blu Ray reader / DVD writer
    Thermaltake Level 10 Case

Im not trying to sound smart here but....hows your airflow,and was it worth the monumental price tag ?

Also,the fan on the Mega is blowing the wrong way by the looks of things.

NAh the fan is the right way, they just have wierd ass looking fins. I'm amazed anyone actually bought one of those cases though, but im supprised, it looks very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Case looks awesome! But even I couldn't spend that money on a case :( I taught my P80 for €300 was too much lol.

Great rig though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

That's not a case! That's an ornament!

nice ornament though :D

Spacedog wrote: »
    ok, here's my new baby...

Specs:

Asus rampage II extreme mobo
    i7 2.66 GHz OC to 4GHz
    6gb Corsair ddr3
    nVidia 6200 LE (I'm waiting for GF100 Fermi cards to come out)
    1000w corsair psu
    Megahealms CPU cooler
    2 X Corsair Performance 64gb in RAID 0
    LG Blu Ray reader / DVD writer
    Thermaltake Level 10 Case

Jealousy will get me nowhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

about time i added something decent myself! :p

bought myself some new parts over xmas.
    800d
    p5 deluxe mobo
    23" hd monitor

here's my upgrade bundle i got at christmas
    SANY0029.jpg

here's my new 23" HD monitor. (getting 2 more eventually for eyefinity! just waiting for grant payment :p
    SANY0034.jpg

i didnt expect the case to be so big!! the motherboard looks tiny!
    SANY0039.jpg

few more shots to come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Jock Strap

Sorry about the quality, took these snaps from my camera phone.

27y60yo.jpg
    Processor, RAM, Graphics Card.

1j5jdk.jpg
    Everything installed.

2cdubfk.jpg
    Frontside and "cable management"

snynn5.jpg
    Backside.

e0g80o.jpg
    Set-up.

o0w3dz.jpg
    Desktop.

Specs:
    Processor Intel Core i5-750
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3
    RAM G.Skill RipJaws 1600MHz
    Case Antec 300
    Power Supply
    Corsair CX400
    HDD Samsung F3 500GB
    Optical Samsung SH-223L CD/DVD-R/W (LightScribe)
    GFX Sapphire Ultimate Edition HD4670
    TV Card Avermedia PCI
    Wireless Card TP-Link Wireless-N PCI

Monitor Dell ST2410
    Keyboard & Mouse
    Logitech Pro 2800
    OS Windows 7 Profession x64 and Ubuntu 9.10 x64

Comments:
    I ordered the bulk of this from HWVS and even though the days dragged in, the delivery was great and I had no trouble with anything. Ordered on Thursday 7th January, shipped Tuesday 12th once the bank transfer went through, and delivered on Monday the 18th. I'm sure I would have got this The Friday before if I had ordered it before 4 o'clock on the Thursday! I thought my bank's cut off time for money transfers was 5, so that could have added an extra day for it to be processed. The GFX and TV card I picked up from Komplett. Got the Montior and Keyboard from Dell.
    Building it was a dream. Watched some videos on You Tube and it was straighforward enough. It took me about 50mins putting it together plus and extra hour after of "cable management"! The 300 isn't great for this but I am very happy that none of the cables are accross the mobo or hanging in the center of the case. That 8pin CPU cable on the left in the pics is actually cable tied to the side of the case that's removed, so it's not in the way of the fan.
    I have the TriCool fans set to low and they are silent to my ears. All I can hear is a low whiney sound from the case which i thought could be from them, but after pulgging them both out and back in, I realise that it's the CPU heatsink fan! It's not too much of a big deal, I might get something quieter or i might not.
    Total came to ~ €900 for everything inc. cables for hooking up to stereo and DVI-D cable (shout-out to Dublin Gunner for hooking me up today :D). I'm very happy with it.

Thanks to all you guys who post here. I read this forum all the time and the advice you guys give to n00bs like myself makes very good reading to anybody considering a self build - I knew everything to look out for and had no hiccups.

:)

Nice one Jock,glad you got the build up and running :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Jock Strap, you'll ruin that nice new PC keeping it on the floor.

I had a friend make up a unit for me, the inside of the PC was getting covered in dust and it was beginning to affect the efficiency of the CPU cooler.

newdesk.jpg

I finally got a fan controller as well (Aerotouch 2000), it's made a huge difference to the noise the fans make, the only thing I can really hear now is the hard drives and they make an awful racket.

aerotouch20002.jpg

aerotouch2000.jpg

I was plesently surprised with the fan controller, I was expecting it to be fairly tacky but it's very well made and has actual aluminium on the front. The touch screen is responsive and the temperatures aren't to far off what the motherboard and graphics card software reports. It automatically speeds up the fans once it goes over the temps you input into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Here is my latest i7 rig finished it about a hour ago or so took about three days.
    It was housed in a TJ07 case which was getting to small for my needs.

So I bought a Corsair 800d love this case by far one of the best cases I have worked with.

I managed to fit my Quad Feser 480 in the top about 3 CM clearance from the front IO panel... not taking pics of the top as I'm waiting on my new grill to come in :)
    Without Flash
    PCGoodNightshot.jpg

With Flash
    PCFlashshot.jpg

Mac daddy wrote: »
    Here is my latest i7 rig finished it about a hour ago or so took about three days.
    It was housed in a TJ07 case which was getting to small for my needs.

So I bought a Corsair 800d love this case by far one of the best cases I have worked with.

I managed to fit my Quad Feser 480 in the top about 3 CM clearance from the front IO panel... not taking pics of the top as I'm waiting on my new grill to come in :)

Mac', that's a sweet dual loop you got yourself. what blocks/fittings are you using on your chipset/mosfets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Class case Spacedog! How much did that set you back?

What are the temps like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Spacedog wrote: »
    Mac', that's a sweet dual loop you got yourself. what blocks/fittings are you using on your chipset/mosfets?

Cheers man loving the Thermaltake Level 10 Case you have there really nice job.
    Those are a couple of custom blocks that I got made about a year ago for my P6T V2 mobo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭slowlydownwards

... or, why you shouldn't buy Antec300.

The list of what went in (got it from komplett):

335ab84.jpg

Case stripped for the surgery, aheeem, I mean butchery.

20r1b48.jpg

Power drill + 20mm auger, jigsaw and mini angle grinder did the damage.

2q3t15k.jpg

Final product:

npf6uo.jpg

Some numbers: (got lucky and unlocked 2 locked cores on the cpu, making it a nice quad :D:D:D)

2qbxk75.jpg

It also seems to take the (unnecessary) beating quite well. The cpu temp peaked at 51 degrees during the torture test (using stock cooler).

hty6v9.jpg

It overclocks nicely too. :p:p:p

2e3494l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

might have a new build up around Monday waiting on new cpu block (broke the acrylic top on current one by being a tard!! :o ) and case

only a single loop this time though (cpu) and fairly understated dark coolant dark coils if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Darkphenom

Its probably nothing compared to everything else up here.

Darkphenom wrote: »

Its probably nothing compared to everything else up here.

Awesome build man, the video really makes it !

• Advertisement

Pacifico wrote: »
    Class case Spacedog! How much did that set you back?

What are the temps like?

temps are a little high, even when the case is open the CPU runs at 38C idle, closed case only adds 3-4C but i think the cooler needs to be re-set when i have a few hours to spare. I'll have to take care of this once i get some proper hot GFX cards in there.

Also OCCT reports 10C higher temps than the asus lcd thingy. I'll stay on the side of caution and go with OCCT.

it's stable anyway so happy days, check the finished setup. i spray painted some cheap IKEA cable tubing to keep everything tidy...

pict0098.jpg

Advertisement