Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

It depends on the case you have, the pump, and the room/environment you're in. In principal, it's not silent - the pump does make some noise - but depending on your case and room, it might be below your noise floor.

I've had a couple of watercooled rigs. The only way I got an actually "silent" PC was to move to passive (at idle) air coolers. This setup is louder than a loop when under load though.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

When I was gaming on my 290x on air it genuinely sounded like a jet engine in my room. 980ti wasn't as loud but still annoying. It does sound way quieter now, I could go get quieter fans but I had 12 of those Corsair SP120s spare in a box so wanted to use some of them. Loudest part of my system is now the PSU, not a hope Im changing it, spent hours and hours sleeving every cable. Im not doing that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Just wondering has anyone a PC that they built/bought for Photoshop, I`m in the middle of building a Photoshop PC, just wanted to see if this was a good place to get people`s thoughts on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

lewis wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone a PC that they built/bought for Photoshop, I`m in the middle of building a Photoshop PC, just wanted to see if this was a good place to get people`s thoughts on it?

We do all sorts of builds here, start a thread in the main forum following the questions found here and you'll have a full parts list in a few days, if even.

If you have a parts list already, link it in your new thread and the lads will critique it anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Loudest parts in my rig are my 2 hdds other than that it's extremely quiet

• Advertisement

We do all sorts of builds here, start a thread in the main forum following the questions found here and you'll have a full parts list in a few days, if even.

If you have a parts list already, link it in your new thread and the lads will critique it anyways

Have already done it man, just trying here as well to get more feedback.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

New keyboard arrived today. Now just waiting on my new monitor which should be here on Monday. That's me done with buying anything new for a long time now. My wallet hates me.

419863.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Is that an underlit mouse mat?!!!

Is that an underlit mouse mat?!!!

Yea. It's the Razer Firefly.

That's why my bank manager doesn't like this thread:

I never knew such a thing existed and now my life is not complete without one!!!

• Advertisement

They come in a hard and a cloth version. Make sure you have a bit of space on your desk as it takes up a good bit of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

That's why my bank manager doesn't like this thread:

I never knew such a thing existed and now my life is not complete without one!!!

If you don't want to splash 50/60 quid just for the razer name, I picked one up for around 20 quid delivered awhile back on AliExpress.

Thanks Blitz.

I might keep an eye out. It's not too of the list at the moment yet. I've a few other things on the wish list first!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

New keyboard arrived today. Now just waiting on my new monitor which should be here on Monday. That's me done with buying anything new for a long time now. My wallet hates me.

419863.jpg

Whats the keyboard like? Badly need to get a new one soon.

No problems so far with it. It is quite loud so if that bothers you then i'd look elsewhere but for the price i can't fault it at all really.

Final piece of the jigsaw arrived today. That's me done now for a couple of years hopefully.

420276.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

That's me done now for a couple of years hopefully.

Hahahahahahaha hahaha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Serephucus wrote: »
    Hahahahahahaha hahaha ha.

i agree :D

Ah lads. Mrs. Grahamer is looking up solicitors already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The latest build. i7-7700, 16GB, GTX1070. 1070 is temporary, looking to get a 1080Ti but will stick with the 1070 until I see what Vega can offer in terms of performance/price impact on market prices.

421461.jpg

421462.jpg

421463.jpg

421464.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Preacher! Grand old show that (Joe Gilgun is hilarious).

On the whole 'puters thing, would you ever get a DSLR? You probably build the most rigs of any regular on here but your photos dont do your work justice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is that a cooler for your ram? awesome looking build!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Looks like it alright. I had a double fan cooler on my RAM for a long time but took it out eventually as it was so loud.

Preacher! Grand old show that (Joe Gilgun is hilarious).

On the whole 'puters thing, would you ever get a DSLR? You probably build the most rigs of any regular on here but your photos dont do your work justice

I was a bit on the fence about the first season as a big fan of the graphic novels but the new one is brilliant so far! I actually hated Joseph Gilgun at first as Cassidy but I'm really come around to him, it's a great performance.

As for the DSLR....I had one but it broke and since I never actually took pictures of anything except PCs, I just can't really justify a new one....although the phone I'm using at the moment has a particularly potato quality camera.

Yep, I'm using basic ram with no heatsinks so they looked a bit crappy so I figured a €15 cooler is cheaper bling then shelling out another €150 for LED ram!

The loudest part of the PC by far is the corsair fans, very disappointed with them. I'll have to install resistors on them.

After some very hurtful comments above about the quality of my phone and how I should get a DSLR....I bought a slightly better phone. And got a GTX1080Ti.

424492.jpg

424493.jpg

424494.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Alpha8

Sexy build! Congrats on the 1080Ti :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thats more like it TF! Love the memory cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Is that the stock CPU cooler?

Totally over the top cooling for RAM and just about enough for CPU.

Is that the stock CPU cooler?

Totally over the top cooling for RAM and just about enough for CPU.

I'm incredibly shallow.....i'm all about the looks. Not stock, its an Arctic cooler. not too different from stock but has the white fan :)

• Advertisement

I'm about to order this pc build..... https://pcpartpicker.com/user/mloc/saved/WxyJ7P

My main concern is the motherboard, does it have enough connections for, wifi adapter, 2 fans.

I originally had the ASRock - H110M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard selected, but I think that didn't have enough connections....

Just need to clarify it before I buy.

Advertisement