Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Haha. Who was i fooling. Got the braided cable and 3 new fans.

428726.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Replaced my 980ti + XSPC Block with Vega64 + EK Block.

430054.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Nice setup. I can tell you spent quite some time getting the angles right.

I never done a water build ever. I would be too afraid of a leak considering I have never done it before. I know if I took my time and done it right it would probably be perfect and then also the cost involved and maintenance. I think I will still to good oul air for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

So, after much debate i decided to retire the Enthoo case. Moving house and it's just too big. Will throw it up on Adverts so i'm confident it will sell. Was going to get the Corsair 460X but it's the same as the cramped 400C so went with the Fractal Design Meshify C. So much smaller and easy to build in too.

430111.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

So new addition to my Ryzen build KFA2 HOF 1080ti

ran valley at 1920x1200 and it boosted straight to 1999 mhz :D
    Let's be straight the card for me is overkill but being honest loving having a quite pc :D

430309.jpg

I got some cables from Phanteks which are pretty sweet and hold its shape.

Its really difficult to take pictures of pcs :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Um... can you please use a slightly smaller image? That thing would cause scrollbars on a 4k monitor and most of us are still on 1080p :p

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Imgur > boards attachments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

New Dell S2716DG 2560x1440 144hz 1ms Gsync

Next up is a new rig, although my gtx970 is doing better @1440 than i expected.

20171019_142753.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Work in Progress 1800x, Crosshair VI Hero / Gtx 980 ti build
    I plan to add hard tubing to the system soon.
    I've had to take the dremel out to fit both 360mm rads so should have decent watercooled setup when finished with hard line tubing.
    pJXDjhb.jpg

I upgraded my main rig from a 5820k and gtx 980 ti to a 1950x and a gtx 1080
    I'm running it on a Zenith Extreme.
    ufI6qwL.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

people really need to resize their photos..I'm looking at these on a 1440p monitor and I even have to scroll across the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Just finished my first water build. Not as pretty as the core p5 build above. Had to redo everything last night cos i finally figured the stupid riser cable that comes with the case was ruining stability.

N2yMCeZ.jpg

PlC3eSH.jpg

Blazer wrote: »
    people really need to resize their photos..I'm looking at these on a 1440p monitor and I even have to scroll across the screen.
    I have to wonder what scaling you have set in your browser/desktop as I've just tried view all pictures on this section for the last few pages without issue on 1080p/1440p/ultrawide

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Virgil° wrote: »
    Just finished my first water build. Not as pretty as the core p5 build above. Had to redo everything last night cos i finally figured the stupid riser cable that comes with the case was ruining stability.

That is one very nice build. Those open, display-type cases aren't my thing, but it's nicely done.

One thing though...

Pink?! :confused:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Wall/Closet PC build - using water cistern to cool. (Water in cistern only used for toilet/bathing/Heating) No Drinky

4y61jE8.jpg

M4UsJNN.jpg?1
    First attempt at this was using the previous rads i had - it did not go well.

1BCw4SK.jpg?1
    Rads rusted at welds and screw points - not nice to bathe in.

Vb0lEPs.jpg?1
    Piping on first attempt was pretty tho

FxxVscN.jpg?1
    10m annealed copper replaced my rads as heat exchanger - works fantastically well.

NU2UBzW.jpg?1
    Pump is going 24/7. Cold is not really an issue - lowest temp we ever had where I live is -8.6 and highest 29 (Celcius)

LyORQCX.jpg?1
    Power source
    I previously removed an electric shower from the bathroom so I had this spur going spare. added 4 sockets in the hotpress and 4 sockets up in the attic to power lighting and the pump from an old PSU. I also changed the 40A fuse down to 20A at the fuse box.

8zBndMs.jpg?1

Obviously not going for the nicest looking build I've ever done but want it tidy all the same - build is completely fan-less. The only sound I ever here is the occasional spool up of the Hard drives.

91Y9aAk.jpg?1

Cables come through the wall behind the monitor. I had approx 14 cm to work with for my desk, due to highly inconsiderate new baby taking over my office.

hmnuU0U.jpg?1

W2xWog1.jpg?1
    You may have noticed a door beside my chair. That opens inwards which means my desk has to get out of the way quickly. The desktop folds inside the desk body clearing the way. And yes this was the only place to put it the PC!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Looks great. The non painted edges of your slide out table is making me anxious though. Not quite as much as the wall power sockets though.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Looks great. The non painted edges of your slide out table is making me anxious though. Not quite as much as the wall power sockets though.

Yeah got lazy there, wasn't a build for looks. The power sockets look like there are against the wood pinching the wires but they are on boxes fully earthed and on 20a rcbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I'm no electrician anyway. Fair play, you've been busy. What kind of temps are you getting with that cooling?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

@ Aka Ishur,

Great idea using the copper pipe. With my elecrtricans hat on (gone from the game a few years so not up to speed on the latest regs.), I would be very nervous of the wiring; instead of the 20A fuse you would be better off fitting a 30ma RCD with a 20A MCB or an RCBO (combined MCB & RCD). Also fit surface back boxes on the twin sockets and fit them tight to each other so you don't have bare cable showing...big no no.

I'm sure you are more than competent but consider getting someone to sort for you, if anything happened and your house caught fire an insurance assessor would have a f**king field day.

BloodBath wrote: »
    I'm no electrician anyway. Fair play, you've been busy. What kind of temps are you getting with that cooling?

At the moment cruising at 4.2ghz and not seeing cpu temp higher than 29.5. Mobile temp can go up to 35 during games.

• Advertisement

glynf wrote: »
    @ Aka Ishur,

Great idea using the copper pipe. With my elecrtricans hat on (gone from the game a few years so not up to speed on the latest regs.), I would be very nervous of the wiring; instead of the 20A fuse you would be better off fitting a 30ma RCD with a 20A MCB or an RCBO (combined MCB & RCD). Also fit surface back boxes on the twin sockets and fit them tight to each other so you don't have bare cable showing...big no no.

I'm sure you are more than competent but consider getting someone to sort for you, if anything happened and your house caught fire an insurance assessor would have a f**king field day.

Thanks, RCI friend had look and was the one who recommended the rcbo I put on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Say hello to legionella for me.

Calibos wrote: »
    Say hello to legionella for me.

Lol circulation of water and capacity of cistern means I we'd have to have zero water usage for about a week get it to the 20 degrees where legionella can come out of dormancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Aka Ishur wrote: »
    Lol circulation of water and capacity of cistern means I we'd have to have zero water usage for about a week get it to the 20 degrees where legionella can come out of dormancy.

Shoulda told us you lived in the land without Summer then, lol.

Dont get me wrong, i love the idea of dumping waste heat into the attic storage tank with its high specific heat capacity in the cold parts of the year and saving a few euro off the hot water heating bills and reducing the risk of frozen tank/pipes. I just worry that in the Summer the water temp might be high enough in a hot attic that the extra heat dumped in by the PC is enough to put you into the danger zone at times.

Calibos wrote: »
    Shoulda told us you lived in the land without Summer then, lol.

Dont get me wrong, i love the idea of dumping waste heat into the attic storage tank with its high specific heat capacity in the cold parts of the year and saving a few euro off the hot water heating bills and reducing the risk of frozen tank/pipes. I just worry that in the Summer the water temp might be high enough in a hot attic that the extra heat dumped in by the PC is enough to put you into the danger zone at times.

Yeah I appreciate where you're coming from.
    Set up is actually in since April, and have tested with food thermometer now and again since. Wanted to check how the piping was doing. Highest in June around was 12 ish degrees. Circulation is pretty high so doesn't get a chance to warm any significant level.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Cool stuff. I had something similar, found running the fresh water into the system built up a lot of scum. So instead put a 50litre (or whatever a black plastic bin holds) into the water tank into the attic, filled it with water + anti-freeze and pumped that down and into PC and back. As it was a huge volume of water and "cooled" via conduction through plastic and convection (open top plus water pouring free fall on the return to tank) it never heated up to anything worth mentioning, no rads needed.

Anti-freeze in the bucket meant no algae and other scum/bio-hazards and bucket for separation meant to bathing in anti-freeze water (ok it did tip over once but otherwise separated).

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Cool stuff. I had something similar, found running the fresh water into the system built up a lot of scum. So instead put a 50litre (or whatever a black plastic bin holds) into the water tank into the attic, filled it with water + anti-freeze and pumped that down and into PC and back. As it was a huge volume of water and "cooled" via conduction through plastic and convection (open top plus water pouring free fall on the return to tank) it never heated up to anything worth mentioning, no rads needed.

Anti-freeze in the bucket meant no algae and other scum/bio-hazards and bucket for separation meant to bathing in anti-freeze water (ok it did tip over once but otherwise separated).

My one has a closed loop, no fresh water, so its essentially similar to what you did except the annealed copper takes the place of the plastic bucket as heat exchanger. I have a 500 ml resevoir on the pump, and just regular deionised water with biocide keepong it clean,

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Added AKG K7xx Heahphones along with a Schiit Magni 3 and Modi 2

431555.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

A little less flash than some of the windowed type ones here, built it a good year back but never got around to taking some proper photos especially since I added my favourite part of the whole setup. This is used as both a HTPC and a gaming setup (using a gamepad primarily, so resembles a console more closely in terms of setup) and has literally replaced my TV in the last few months. As in the TV has been taken down off the wall and unplugged entirely.

1. F*** you and your fancy, neat cabling systems - ain't nobody got time room for that. There's probably upwards of a half dozen cable ties in this photo, lurking away in all that black-on-black-on-black.
    ehFpHy4.jpg

2. An overhead view for just how tight on space I am:
    19EqiEH.jpg

3. The jerry-rigged second case fan I got in the other day came down to a matter of millimeters about if I'd be able to get it in at all and means even getting the lid off results in a whole lot of fiddling.
    ABrIw2R.jpg

4. Some perspective on just how small it is beside a can of beer:
    oRkrLV4.jpg

5. But once the lid goes back on all that messiness just disappears (and all that mesh along with two case fans, the CPU fan, PSU fan and two fans on the GPU means no warm air has even a chance to build up before getting whisked out the sides or top). Also cannot recommend that keyboard enough for anyone looking for a HTPC/gaming type setup that would be using a gamepad on most faster paced stuff; it works absolutely perfect for the likes of Civ VI, XCom or Total War though, only cost a tenner on Amazon and after about six months is working as good as new still on the original (2xAAA) batteries
    fU3eb49.jpg
    SyeL4up.jpg

But the best part might not even be the PC itself, but the white projector just above it. Here's what it shoots out at full HD from about 5ft away from the wall (it's about 5'8 x 9ft here). 15ms response time has it listed as the best for gaming with too, and 25,000:1 contrast ratio and 2,800 lumens means on all but a sunny late summer afternoon (when the sun comes directly in on that wall) it works fine without needing to close blinds etc. The sister and her boyfriend got me the Bose speaker too in return for building them a budget version of this, I don't have the "sharpest" ear for details but the sound off of it is incredible all the same.
    X7xYBdz.jpg

The long term plan is to actually build an enclosure with the PC on the bottom part, the projector on the second, and a small lidded shelf of sorts for the speakers and peripherals to make it easier to move around if needed, basically eliminate all external wiring (the plan would be to put the two PC and projector power cables as well as ethernet into one braided sleeve) and because all I'll really need otherwise in the sitting room is a couch and coffee table which will free up tonnes of space. That will be a few months off though because I'd want to leave it until after I move back to Canada, and because it'll take a good bit of careful planning re circulation and heat (if you think PCs give off a lot of heat, buy a projector!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

She's a bit tight ;).

Advertisement