Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

allen175 wrote: »
    What case is that? looks very nice. Is it coolermaster?

Yeah its the ATCS 840

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Wondered why it kept reminding me of the (outwardly completely different!) HAF... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Redoing my rear cable management, to make it easier to get the side panel on (and because im OCD cables) anyhoo....

Before :

4101057410_9cf29b650d_b.jpg

After :

4496136419_68da13676c_b.jpg

Ignore the mess on the left, that will be tidied up today :) (when I get a new Fan Controller )

haha a parcel arrived at home for me! No it's not my 1TB spinpoint F3, or the copy of windows pro.. or the noctua cpu cooler.. ITS MY BAG OF 300 CABLE TIES :eek::D

I'll probably have as much fun with these as I will with the new cooler and HDD :rolleyes: Cable paradise here I come

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭slowlydownwards

Deano12345 wrote: »

Nice back garden. ;) Where did you get those stick-on cable ties? Have mine taped down with black insulation tape. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

stick on cable ties can be bought in B&Q thats where i got mine.

heres my ocd

CIMG0727.jpg

CIMG0731.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Nice back garden. ;) Where did you get those stick-on cable ties? Have mine taped down with black insulation tape. :o

Maplin, 8 quid for a pack of 100 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

I finally built my first PC and it's running like a dream. Thanks to all here for your help over the past month. Here are some pics of the build:

PC1.jpg

PC2.jpg

pc3.jpg

pc4.jpg

pc5.jpg

pc6.jpg

pc8.jpg

pc9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

well done i built my first pc at christmas. glad i did.
    yours looks good but needs cable management to tidy it up.

9rk4th.jpg
    Shame on me! I never put up a new pic once I got my new cooler in :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

People, just wondering if you can try to keep most of the images here at or under 1024*768? Its not vital and I'm not going to demand/enforce it but bear in mind not only are supersized JPEGs very bandwidth-intensive for both sides but many of us don't have 1080p monitors and thus miss a lot of the image unless we fiddle with the Horizontal Scroll Bar Of Doom! Big images aren't bad, just awkward and loses some of the image's impact if you can never see most of it at any one time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Solitaire wrote: »
    we fiddle with the Horizontal Scroll Bar Of Doom!

ctrl and - together = Ohhhhh that's handy :D

Or ctrl and scroll wheel on the mouse in and out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

well done i built my first pc at christmas. glad i did.
    yours looks good but needs cable management to tidy it up.

Thanks - yeah, I know I need to work on the cables alright. I got over keen on switching the thing on, but I will have to go back at the cables over the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

quick update after much fannying about i finaly got my cpu loop sorted

DSCF5020.jpg
    DSCF5025.jpg
    DSCF5022.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Okay, it's an exterior shot only, because I forgot to take a picture of the inside, part of that might have been subconscious shame over a number of factors. Like....having two 9800GTs and selling one, only to realize I sold the low power edition that didn't require any 6-pin connector, leaving me with the older edition 9800gt and thus had to use a pci-e cable for my modular power supply I didn't bank on using....then realized the front lcd uses a molex, and I hadn't banked on using a molex cable either....then realizing I need a second sata cable because the drive bays and 5.25 are two far apart for one length to reach....then I realized that the 12v 4pin, because of the case design, didn't actually reach across properly, so I had to go into maplins to buy yet more extension cabling that I hadn't banked on...my whole case is packed full of cables I hadn't banked on. I used pretty much all of the cables for the PSU, simply because the distance between all hardware was too great for several headers on a single length. Yeah, why did I buy a modular PSU in favour of my old P&C Silencer again? :(

Oh well. I like it anyway. It goes great with my amp. Now, just playing the waiting game for my new 40" 1080p TV....:p

Antec Fusion Max
    ModXstream 500w
    P5N-D 750i
    E8600
    H50 CPU Watercooler
    4Gb Ram
    9800GT (the juice sucking edition :()

280520101567.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Still in progress. Some of the parts have changed since. No watercooling yet really. But planned.
    dscn0523i.th.jpg

dscn0531u.th.jpg

Replaced all the stock fans bar the HD fan (side box is covering it) which is quiet and sufficient enough to cool the drives at 12v and runs off the motherboard header. Bottom intake is a NoiseblockerPro PK2 1700rpm fan. Rear fan is 1200rpm version but reversed and is an intake too. Both running off Lian Li fan controller. 2 silent 60mm noiseblockers are cooling the northbridge. Silent even at 12v. And for exhausts I have 4 Akasa Apache blacks. 2 of them are running in Push/Pull with a Corsair H50. All 4 fans are connected to the motherboard 4pin pwm header via an adaptor/molex cable. So a total of 5 140mm intake fans (2 on the sidepanel as well :)), 4 120mm outtake fans, 2 60mm chipset fans, 1 60mm memory fan, 2 92mm gpu fans, and a 140mm PSU fan. System is reasonably quiet.

I hate side windows so I bought an 800D solid sidepanel and modded it with 2 x 140mm blowholes. Fitted with 2 NoiseblockPro PK2 1200rpm 140mm fans hooked up to a Lian Li fan controller. In total I have 5 fans running off the controller.
    dscn0528u.th.jpg

dscn0527h.th.jpg

Here are some outside shot.
    dscn0520h.th.jpg

dscn0521p.th.jpg

Since the pics were taken I have bought another desk and added 2 more 3008 screens. I have replaced the PSU with an Enermax Revolution 1250w. Added a Gskill Turbulence fan to cool the memory as the Corsair one is too noisy even at lowest working volts. I've also added a X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty with front bay. A bit of a step down from the Asus Essence ST I had, but I need all the space I can get on the motherboard as I am planning on fitting 2 Saphire 5970 Toxic 4gb cards which take 3 slots each!! Also added a PCI-e SATA 6GB/S card to run the SSD's which are in the lower drive bay (no need to cool them) and a Lian Li fan controller to control the intake fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

Flaccus is taking it to another level awsome rig love to know your Pi score,

I finished my new build last night i7 930 and Asus P6X58D with a H50 cooler i
    forgot the board only supports sata ports and my DVD is no use to me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

my new haf

side

inside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I finished my build recently based on i7 930, Asus P6X58D and a 5870.
    th_IMAG0030.jpg
    th_IMAG0027.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

looks nice and spacey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Yea theres tonnes of room in it, am tempted to put a watercooling rad at the top as theres plenty of space :).

SAM_0250.jpg?t=1276526587

SAM_0248.jpg

SAM_0247.jpg

SAM_0246.jpg

SAM_0243.jpg

SAM_0233.jpg

[IMG][/img]SAM_0237.jpg

SAM_0231.jpg

SAM_0232.jpg
    SAM_0249.jpg

SAM_0243.jpg

SAM_0240.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i take it you sleep with her massy :pac:

i take it you sleep with her massy :pac:
    nah just a spare bedroom in the house i used to build her lol

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭prioryc

after being robbed twice in a shop i just built this not as good as some of the others but it's a start :)
    Vento case
    Antec Veris premier
    Powercool 450 psu (for now)
    4 gb crucial ballistix
    Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.66
    Artic Cooled Freezer pro 2(or something to that efect)
    Asus P7H55DH -Evo
    Asus/N-Vidia En9800GT
    M-audio Audiophile 2496
    blue-ray // lightscribe dvd/cd-rom
    Samsung spinpoint f3 1tb
    seagate 320 Gb
    Kingston 64Gb SSD // Windows 7x64
    blue illuminated keyboard
    twin 21.6" lcd monitors

windows score 6.8 more than twice my former pc 3.1

it looks like a solid build mate well done on building it yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭prioryc

massy086 wrote: »
    it looks like a solid build mate well done on building it yourself
    Cheers i was lucky that everything just works in it ...compared to vista it was literally plug and play ..its quite addictive too.. would like to build a water cooled on next the Red pc in the above posts is fantastic looking...

Advertisement