Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

yoshiktk wrote: »
    Could You tell me your specs?
    I'm currently running my system in Antec1200, great airflow keeps everything quite cool. There's just one problem, just takes a load of space, that's why I thought about changing to Meshify C. I'm just afraid that it won't be as efficient as A1200.

i5-8600k
    Asrock Z370 Extreme4 mobo
    Asus GTX1070 Dual Fan
    Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM 16GB @3000mhz
    Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO
    EVGA 650W G3 PSU
    1 x Corsair ML120 for exhaust and 2 x ML140 for intake. Stock fans on the AIO.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

How can you do that K.O.Kiki, tower behind monitor reducing the depth for you to sit properly at the desk? Shallow desks are the work of the devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ED E wrote: »
    How can you do that K.O.Kiki, tower behind monitor reducing the depth for you to sit properly at the desk? Shallow desks are the work of the devil.

I have very little floor space.
    What you don't see is the double bed 2 feet behind the desk. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

My first pc build,going on 5 years now have moved house since i built it back in September 2013 but the PC remains the same running well.Just wanted to share some up to date pictures of my setup and say a huge thank you to everyone ,special thanks to BloodBath for putting the parts list together.I joined Boards then because of the computer but have since found many other sections i have become very interested in and it is a great community to be a part of.
    Thanks.

Original topic from 2013:https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85714793

Pictures i took while building:http://imgur.com/a/qEJiC#0

vSAnKy5h.jpg
    agwi67Th.jpg

PC Specs:
    CPU:Intel Xeon E3-1230v2,LGA1155
    RAM:8GB-Kit A-DATA XPG G Series PC1600 CL9
    Motherboard:ASRock B75 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX
    GPU:Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 WindForce 3X OC, 2GB
    PSU:be quiet! SYSTEM POWER 7 500W
    HDD:WD Caviar Blue 1TB 6Gb's (Storage)
    SSD:Intel 520 series 240gb ssd (Games)
    SSD:Samsung SSD 840 120GB SATA 6Gb/s (OS Drive)
    DVD Drive:LiteOn iHAS124-04 SATA
    Case:Nanoxia deep silence one
    CPU Cooler:coolermaster hyper 212 evo
    Card Reader:LogiLink USB 2.0 all-in-one Card Reader
    Monitor:Acer G226hql Lcd 21.5 Inch 1920x1080p.
    Speakers:Logitech Z150

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I have very little floor space.
    What you don't see is the double bed 2 feet behind the desk. :o

Throw out the bed, real PC master race don't need sleep.

• Advertisement

Added a bit of light over the weekend.

457056.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Long time since I updated here, huge reorganisation done. Went to IKEA and got the countertop on Alex drawers combination and spent a lot of time on cable management. I do a lot of CAD for work and also hold backups from my work in my office.

Got a Synology NAS to replace my unRaid system that was in the attic and stopped working for no particular reason. Its a great bit of kit, totally fire and forget and the cloud sync function makes remote backups a breeze. Have 16TB of redundant storage on it, no cache SSD drives cause honestly they make it slower.

My old machine mounted to the wall is a server for Roon (music streaming), Plex (Video transcoding) and the house Torrent and VPN server. Its a 10 Core Xenon E5 v3 @ 2.4 ghz. 16gb DDR4, A 256 Samsung 950 Pro NVME for boot and various hard drives for storage. I have a 3 gb 1060 in it but honestly I dont need a graphics card at all, this runs headless and is total overkill.

My new main PC was purchased from Scan.co.uk. THey build a great system and it was cheaper than buying the parts myself thanks to a good deal.
    i7 8700k (best for CAD as single thread performance still matters for that), 32gb 3200 ghz DDR4, 1TB 960 pro NVME, 1080Ti, 2gb hybrid HDD, 250gb games SSD. All in a fractal design closed case and Noctua air coolers and fans. Decided against a open or windowed case because its way quieter, and it takes all the fuss away and leaves a cleaner aesthetic. Got sick of the RGB craze so I opted out.

Monitor Upgraded to a AG352UCG from Agon, its a 100htz ultrawide G-sync panel. Awesome and its good for some of the colour work I do.

Speakers are Audioengine A5 Active speakers running off a Audioengine D1 USB DAC

System and setup are perfect for me, happy at last.....for now. My little nephew has been building his own PC and saving for parts and robbing parts off me, his excitement has reinvigorated me a bit TBH.

Click for bigger pictures.

20180730_163407.jpg

20180730_163112.jpg

20180730_162724.jpg

20180730_162713.jpg

20180730_162658.jpg

20180730_162625.jpg

20180730_163356.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

What are those speaker stands?

Half an Ikea chopping board on a few cheapo acoustic isolation feel.

Looks deadly. Wish I had that space myself. Have loads of ideas but no room to do them.

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nice Mac Pro on the floor too.

By the looks of it you have kids but the place is immaculate....how :confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

he has them wall mounted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

dPAwpR2.jpg

ITlvX0O.jpg

I think your bird is dead.

I think your bird is dead.

A friend actually hid him behind the curtain years ago.

He's battery operated/motion sensor and was low on battery, so almost daily for months I was hearing this weird, faint, low screeching sound on random occassions but hadn't a clue what it was or where it was coming from and it was driving me mad.

Penny dropped when I finally opened that curtain for the first time in about two years recently but he's quite endearing so I left him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Terror is the box to the left of the case a DAC?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

How are you finding the 2700X?

How are you finding the 2700X?

Good. Haven't bothered overclocking yet as the boost to 4.3 on a few cores is perfect for games, and this is a 95% games machine.

Probably would've gone for an 8600K personally, but there was a great bundle deal on the 2700X and this is my first main AMD rig in a very long time.

As for the units on the left - two external hard drives that I've had for the best part of a decade :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Are those enermax rgb fans?

Have to say i prefer the ones that light the ring around the blades rather than the blades themselves.

Gives a nice glow without being to OTT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Good. Haven't bothered overclocking yet as the boost to 4.3 on a few cores is perfect for games, and this is a 95% games machine.

Probably would've gone for an 8600K personally, but there was a great bundle deal on the 2700X and this is my first main AMD rig in a very long time.

As for the units on the left - two external hard drives that I've had for the best part of a decade :D

How you finding the stock cooler for noise and performance? I'm waiting on ram to get my 2700X system up and running but was planing on waiting on the new black Noctua D15 thats due out the end of the year.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Are those enermax rgb fans?

Have to say i prefer the ones that light the ring around the blades rather than the blades themselves.

Gives a nice glow without being to OTT

No, typical me, after spending £2k on the PC and monitor, I cheaped out on the fans....they're Raijintek RGB 12's. No complaints though!
    How you finding the stock cooler for noise and performance? I'm waiting on ram to get my 2700X system up and running but was planing on waiting on the new black Noctua D15 thats due out the end of the year.

Pretty excellent actually, at stock clocks with boost disabled (3.7Ghz) it's virtually inaudible. When the boost on (and using stock fan settings), it's audible but not bad. Temps are good though so can just manually turn it down with headroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

My old machine mounted to the wall is a server for Roon (music streaming), Plex (Video transcoding) and the house Torrent and VPN server. Its a 10 Core Xenon E5 v3 @ 2.4 ghz. 16gb DDR4, A 256 Samsung 950 Pro NVME for boot and various hard drives for storage. I have a 3 gb 1060 in it but honestly I dont need a graphics card at all, this runs headless and is total overkill.

Is roon worth it? So $500 lifetime subscription is very spendy

Is roon worth it? So $500 lifetime subscription is very spendy

I do it year to year cause you never know if something better will come along. But generally Roon is ace and getting better all the time. You really need a Tidal subscription to make it worth while or a very large collection.

The way it give you information and suggestions is brilliant. It works across all platforms and once you have a good server any potato machine can stream it (I use a Rasberry pi). There are also a lot of Audiophile things with it, its transport is written for quality and it handles MQA and DSD seamlessly. Latest updates do server MQA decoding, Chromecast, Apple airplay and a few other big improvements. I love it but you would want to want it if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Pretty excellent actually, at stock clocks with boost disabled (3.7Ghz) it's virtually inaudible. When the boost on (and using stock fan settings), it's audible but not bad. Temps are good though so can just manually turn it down with headroom.

do you know what temps you are getting on the stock as I stuck on my old Noctua D14?

Bit of a desk refresh. Got a new soundbar and mousepad and chair.

458786.jpg

458787.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Like it :) Where did you get the desk and small white unit the TV is on?

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Like it :) Where did you get the desk and small white unit the TV is on?

Desk is from IKEA and the monitor stand is from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

Link to that soundbar?

• Advertisement

xtal191 wrote: »
    Link to that soundbar?

Not at the PC. It's a Soundblaster X Katana.

Advertisement