Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Folks anyone recommend a RGB light to put in the PC? Was going to put a Hue extension strip in it but that might be a bit excessive.

I still think you can't beat cathode tubes for even lighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I've an AS Rock AB350 Pro. Just want a light inside the case now. Doesn't need to flash or anything.

Check the motherboard manual to see what type if any RGB headers you have. There are 2 types, a 4 pin and a 3 pin (same size as 4 pin only the 3rd pin is missing).

rgb-headers-motherboard.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Venom wrote: »
    Check the motherboard manual to see what type if any RGB headers you have. There are 2 types, a 4 pin and a 3 pin (same size as 4 pin only the 3rd pin is missing).

rgb-headers-motherboard.jpg

There's definitely a 4 pin RGB header at the top right of the board.

There's definitely a 4 pin RGB header at the top right of the board.

Something like the Phantek strips should do the job nicely and not break the wallet too badly.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Phanteks-PH-LEDKT_COMBO-Strip-Combo-Retail/dp/B01HUFMIZ2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1541249351&sr=8-2&keywords=phanteks+rgb+strip

Those Phanteks strips are great. Just don't get the addressable one's unless you have the 3 pin header as shown above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Very minor update.

Replaced the stock CoolerMaster 140mm fans with Noctua Redux NF-P14S Redux - big thanks to Venom for sending me some anti-vibration pads :)

EtZWKOkl.jpg
    g8fvLo7l.jpg
    Rear:
    4JsbRMgl.jpg

Yes, I realise those SSDs are just crammed in there - I found that having them mounted above the PSU was making it a headache every time I needed to get at the PCI slots.

I'll probably get a 1Tb M2 drive during Black Friday sales, or upgrade the GPU to 1080/2070/Vega 56 if there's a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

is the NZXT bracket a GPU brace that you have? my 1080ti I think will sag as its a hefty beast

BArra wrote: »
    is the NZXT bracket a GPU brace that you have? my 1080ti I think will sag as its a hefty beast

It's a Kraken G12 - lets me watercool the GPU with the 120mm AIO on the right.
    Also prevents sag as it's a lot lighter than the original cooler (Palit Jetstream) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

BArra wrote: »

you could get one of these :Dhttps://www.amazon.com/Graphics-Support-Holder-Gaming-Bitcoin/dp/B01DQK7DDW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

I used 2 wire ties to hang the back of my card off the hard drive bay. Old skool!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

Im still using a dell core 2 duo, 3GB ram

Must be 12 years old now ,never got round to changing it.

Would there be many of them on the go now?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ive a C2Q of a similar vintage at my feet. Ill eventually retire it.

CAT
    AFAIK he's a stray; been feeding him since a few years & he now sleeps on my bed, lap & mousepad.

rLk0PyQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

been a while since someone paid the cat tax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    CAT
    AFAIK he's a stray; been feeding him since a few years & he now sleeps on my bed, lap & mousepad.

rLk0PyQ.jpg

Saw this on Reddit!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

New case (Thermaltake View 71), fans (Corsair LL) and RGB strips. Just waiting on new PSU cables and that's it done, for now :)

PC1578.jpg"

PC15782.jpg"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can someone explain to me why PC gamers love RGB lights :confused: it makes no sense.

Now since I bought my PC I'm strangely drawn towards them as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Can someone explain to me why PC gamers love RGB lights :confused: it makes no sense.

It's like "go faster" stripes on a car, makes you think it goes faster, same applies to RGB's in PCs lol.

I got a glass case and a deal on a RGB fan kit (plus they're really good fans) so that's why I have them, plus they look cool and my 4 year old son loves when they go into disco mode when music is played.

Because you can't get RGB on a console! :pac:

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Because you can't get RGB on a console! :pac:

Yet!

j80QI6U.jpg

Nice stickers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

that looks really good, where did you get the stickers?

Thanks - they're actually acrylic figures! (picture updated).

Coming tomorrow - replace the 1700X/A320M with a 9600K/Z390 Tomahawk/Kraken X42.

Thanks - they're actually acrylic figures!

OK now I definitely need one.

Great case that. :pac:

PS - the reason all the figures in the case are female is because they're the only ones the company offers at the moment! I'm not one of those people.....

• Advertisement

I am one of those people :p
    Link plz, I need something for my Rocket Queen!

Advertisement