Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Here's the seller. :)

Slight refresh.

466427.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Slight refresh.

466427.jpg

you sir are a animal!!!! turn that cooler the right way up!!! only messing nice build but that would kill me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

you sir are a animal!!!! turn that cooler the right way up!!! only messing nice build but that would kill me.

Nah that a LXZN cooler.

My OCD can't take any more. :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah, I didn't actually notice that until I turned it on, but I'm not just bothered with it....for now. Someday I'll make the mistake of staring at it a few seconds too long and won't be able to rest until it's fixed but for now, I can live with it!

Looks great. I was offered a 570X last week but i just can't part with my Meshify. Best case i've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

My cooler is upside down too but I genuinely can't get it the right way up without putting what feels like undue stress on the tubing to the rad. Case is on the ground under my desk, can't see it to care about it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

superg wrote: »
    My cooler is upside down too but I genuinely can't get it the right way up without putting what feels like undue stress on the tubing to the rad.

Mine is sideways for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

superg wrote: »
    My cooler is upside down too but I genuinely can't get it the right way up without putting what feels like undue stress on the tubing to the rad. Case is on the ground under my desk, can't see it to care about it:D

My Noctua is in the "wrong" (rotated) layout because it won't physically fit against the GPU in my motherboard.
    I would've gotten a NH-U12S instead of NH-U14S if I'd known but tbh it's still a fine cooler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I have Schrödinger's cooler. Both right way and wrong way at the same time, dual socket board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Komornick

TerrorFirmer - Very tidy setup !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 eddieb88

Been working away steadily all year in a place now that I'm happy with

KhtGFU4.jpg

ILcP2tC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Old vs new. Time to say goodbye to my old big friend.
    As i haven't done builds in a long time, my hands were shaking like crazy. Almost all went good, unfortunately Gpu is faulty, will have to replace it after xmas. If not for this would be a great success.

What's wrong with the GPU?

Also have you contacted Noctua for a free AM4 bracket?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    What's wrong with the GPU?

Also have you contacted Noctua for a free AM4 bracket?

Had to buy the bracket, couldn't find receipt for the fan.
    As for Gpu it randomly stops working, stops showing output. I've checked it with multiple cables,display and in both new and old pc. Still the same issue. Amazon messed up order, they did send it in original package only even thou I did checked the "send it in a box". Maybe it got damaged during shipping.
    Shame. When it works its great, at last stable 60fps in BFV.

Try updating your monitor to latest firmware, similar thing happened to me before.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Try updating your monitor to latest firmware, similar thing happened to me before.

I've checked it on few displays, same thing. After putting it back in new pc it kinda works. The drops of signal are less often. I will exchange it after xmas.
    Still great setup. 1080p on ultra in BF1 gets me stable 60fps. Now only have to replace good old Benq monitor for something 1440p@100Hz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Did a rebuild with a new mobo+cpu.I have to add some subtle white lighting and swap the pump's pwm fan connectors to black.

Excuse the brutal quaity pics :D

1nSWacF.jpg
    https://imgur.com/1nSWacF

rLwsPTR.jpg
    https://imgur.com/rLwsPTR

WoNWYVp.jpg
    https://imgur.com/WoNWYVp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

That's a cracker, very clean build...looks like a TJ07 case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

glynf wrote: »
    That's a cracker, very clean build...looks like a TJ07 case?

Well spotted :D

It has some custom parts and is painted with a metallic grey finished with gloss lacquer.
    It is to shiny to get a decent pick as all it shows is reflections.

Best i can to is these potato pics of it.

nV7XCUg.jpg
    https://imgur.com/nV7XCUg

cteYkuA.jpg
    https://imgur.com/cteYkuA

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

game4it70 wrote: »
    It is to shiny to get a decent pick as all it shows is reflections.

If you know any photogs a polarizing filter will wipe out the reflections and make it look fab. Thats how car manufacturers do it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Picked up a new case as my pc is now sitting on top of my desk. From a simple black Thermaltake Versa H15 to a much sleeker NZXT H400i. Lighting is a nice bonus, haven't settled on a colour, but thinking something like tracking daytime hours and getting warmer through the day.

Really nice case to build inside, didn't take too long to get everything transferred.

Specs: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8GHz, 8GB Corsair DDR4 @3000MHz, MSI GTX 970

O6DvheR.jpg

JalwMid.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

did you attach pics, they aren't showing :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

BArra wrote: »
    Pics are showing for me.

I attached them there. Weird as the links I used originally are from google photos.

Very very nice. I love white builds having one myself. Just so much cleaner imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

working now!

very clean build, one small thing, could you stick the two black cables to your monitor arm to hide them?

working now!

very clean build, one small thing, could you stick the two black cables to your monitor arm to hide them?

I actually do need to cable manage around my desk a bit better! I had the old case up there for a few weeks and didn't bother with that since I knew id be swapping it out soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

jebidiah wrote: »
    Picked up a new case as my pc is now sitting on top of my desk. From a simple black Thermaltake Versa H15 to a much sleeker NZXT H400i. Lighting is a nice bonus, haven't settled on a colour, but thinking something like tracking daytime hours and getting warmer through the day.
    ]

Whats the desktop ?
    Is it from Ikea ? Looking to do something similar in my home office

Advertisement