Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Got bits from Komplett today & just finished it this evening:)

GA-P55A-UD3, i5-750, 4GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 ECO series, Radeon HD5870, coolermaster 1kW PSU, 160GB 10,000 RPM HDD, 250 GB 7,200 RPM HDD, 18x Dual Layer DVD±R/W & Windows & Ultimate.

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00032.jpg
    DSC00038.jpg

Now I have to get a decent CPU heatsink, Sound card, SSD and a bit of cable management and then I'm done-for now.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

Hey guys,

i7 965., 2 x 5850, 6 gb ram, 128 gig ssd, 2 gig hd, lian li x1000, evga 3xsli

full.jpg
    full2.jpg
    full4.jpg
    full3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

^Do want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

:o

You took out the h50 zappb?

Hey Ryan, hehe that Ghetto H50 just didn't work out (for some reason it wasn't cooling the cpu very well, 90 degrees at load and 4ghz - who knew you had to actually mount it to the case and can't leave it just hanging there in the middle of nowhere) but I've done alot worse...

Remember this case? It has a lot of character still - this is what it looks like without all the watercooling, lights etc.. taken out. I had the third window at the bottom but had to replace it with the mesh temporarily while i figure out what to do about the heat !

4870 x2, x4 965, etc...

li1.jpg
    li4.jpg
    li3.jpg

you up for the next lan soon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

dscn3855.th.jpg
    dscn3854.th.jpg
    dscn3853v.th.jpg
    dscn3852t.th.jpg
    dscn3850t.th.jpg

Built it on Thursday

CPU: Phenom II X2 550 (OC'd to 3.2)
    GPU: RADEON 5830
    Chassis: HAF 922
    MoBo: GA-890GPA-UD3H
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix 4GB CL8 1600 1.65v (running at CL8 1333 because 1600 was unstable for some reason)
    Cooler: CoolerMaster V8
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB

If you want to know any other parts, just ask.

Looks good, just cable management is needed :D Route them cables up behind the mobo tray, especially that cpu power cable coming over your GPU.

Looks good, just cable management is needed :D Route them cables up behind the mobo tray, especially that cpu power cable coming over your GPU.

Tried doing that, cable is a tad too short and no extension cable is included with case :(

Also, the front fan LED won't work for some reason :(

Also, the front fan LED won't work for some reason :(
    Does the fan cable not have a switch on it to turn the LED on/off? I think my friends has a button on the case or something. Not too sure though.

• Advertisement

Does the fan cable not have a switch on it to turn the LED on/off? I think my friends has a button on the case or something. Not too sure though.

Yeah, but it won't turn it on :(

Gonna take off the side later to see if I can see any problems with it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Isn't there a routing port at the top of the mobo tray (next to the top fan) you can pass the EPS cable through? The connector seems to be near the top edge of the mobo so you should have enough reach that way...

Solitaire wrote: »
    Isn't there a routing port at the top of the mobo tray (next to the top fan) you can pass the EPS cable through? The connector seems to be near the top edge of the mobo so you should have enough reach that way...

Yes, there is, but I tried, the cable is a tad too short.

Yes, there is, but I tried, the cable is a tad too short.
    That's weird. I just checked since I built a computer for my friend using the same case and with this PSU, and it fit up behind the mobo tray :S Maybe that one has smaller cable lengths which is a bit ****.

That's weird. I just checked since I built a computer for my friend using the same case and with this PSU, and it fit up behind the mobo tray :S Maybe that one has smaller cable lengths which is a bit ****.

Yes, it is weird.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

If the cable can't go over the back then how is it able to wrap around the bottom-right routing hole and travel over the graphics card and around the cooler to reach the CPU EPS header?? :confused: Can't you bend the cable under the mobo tray from just after it exits the PSU?

Solitaire wrote: »
    If the cable can't go over the back then how is it able to wrap around the bottom-right routing hole and travel over the graphics card and around the cooler to reach the CPU EPS header?? :confused: Can't you bend the cable under the mobo tray from just after it exits the PSU?

Hmm, I'll try again next time I turn off my pc (in about two days, downloading The Witcher)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Ah how i miss that case! They just don't make them like that anymore.

How does this weekend suit you?
    zappb wrote: »
    Hey Ryan, hehe that Ghetto H50 just didn't work out (for some reason it wasn't cooling the cpu very well, 90 degrees at load and 4ghz - who knew you had to actually mount it to the case and can't leave it just hanging there in the middle of nowhere) but I've done alot worse...

Remember this case? It has a lot of character still - this is what it looks like without all the watercooling, lights etc.. taken out. I had the third window at the bottom but had to replace it with the mesh temporarily while i figure out what to do about the heat !

4870 x2, x4 965, etc...

li1.jpg
    li4.jpg
    li3.jpg

you up for the next lan soon?

Ah how i miss that case! They just don't make them like that anymore.

How does this weekend suit you?

This weekend is perfect - friday or saturday evening, let me know what suits.

That Lian Li case used much thicker Aluminium all around - [old man voice] they don't make them like they used to

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Hey guys, haven't posted here before but built this, and rebuilt it a number of times since finishing college for the summer, took it all apart then again at the weekend to spray the insides. Looks much nicer like that I think!

Specs are:
    CPU: i7 860 (not overclocked....yet)
    Mobo: EVGA P55 ftw
    GPU: Sapphire 5850 toxic
    CPU cooling: Coolit ECO ALC
    Ram: 4 gigs of 1600mhz Corsair Dominators
    PSU: 850W Corsair modular supply
    Case: HAF 932 (sprayed)

The build didn't go particularly smoothly, had many problems and the little water cooler had to be returned because there was a problem with the pump, but that has been replaced and is working very nicely now, and have sorted out all my blue screen woes!

j6jyxc.jpg

2ur742t.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

And this is it with the side panel back on again.

24605k5.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

*has a pc orgasm*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

New 5850, sorry for the terrible pic, I'll take some proper ones tonight :D

4760954084_52af097ee6_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

So, here's my budget rig. That's about as good of a cable management job I can do, I want to get a SATA drive though my IDE drive is on its way out. Gonna build a Core i5 rig later in the year and I'm just taking the PSU and video card to the new build so will have enough to have my current build as a backup.

Core 2 Duo E4300 @ 3GHz
    Asus P5QL Pro
    Xigmatek S1283 Dark Knight
    2GB Crucial DDR2 533MHz @ 665MHz
    1GB Sapphire Radeon HD4650 @ 700MHz/450MHz
    1TB Samsung F1, 1TB Samsung F2EG (F2 is broke, need to RMA it)
    22" Samsung T220HD & 19" Acer X193w
    Antec Nine Hundred
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
    Corsair HX650W
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

P1070169.jpg?t=1278529023

P1070192.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Here is my updated pc

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6382/dscn0535d.jpg
    800D modified with 2x140mm noiseblocker pro 1200rpm side fans
    Corsair AX1200 1200w psu
    Evga Classified 759 limited edition
    Intle 980X / Corsair 800D
    2 x Sapphire 5970 4GIG Quadfire
    X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
    2 x Crucial C300 RealSSD 256GB
    2 x WD Caviar Black 64meg 2TB
    LG 10X BDRE
    LG 10X BDRW

All top fans are set to exhaust. Everything else is an intake and am using noiseblocker pro's hooked to a lian li 6 channel fan controller

Will take outside pic later

Flaccus wrote: »
    Here is my updated pc

Corsair AX1200 1200w psu
    LG 10X BDRE
    LG 10X BDRW

All top fans are set to exhaust. Everything else is an intake and am using noiseblocker pro's hooked to a lian li 6 channel fan controller

What job do you have that means you can afford all this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Here is my updated pc

Corsair AX1200 1200w psu
    LG 10X BDRE
    LG 10X BDRW

Would be cool to see that monster running eyefinity :)

What job do you have that means you can afford all this?

Currently...in between jobs. And studying.
    In fairness, it's the ONLY thing I spend money on, and have no debts of any significance.

Currently...in between jobs. And studying.
    In fairness, it's the ONLY thing I spend money on, and have no debts of any significance.

Ah, I see :)

• Advertisement

deceit wrote: »
    Would be cool to see that monster running eyefinity :)

It was running it at one stage but drivers still stuck hard in quadfire with eyeinfinity. For now I just run at 2560x1600 on my 3008WFP and max out AF and AA settings.

Advertisement