Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

2 X 5970's, Flaccus, you will have no need to upgrade this for years!! Lovely screen too, I'm sure you got much pleasure from sticking it all together and switching it on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

2 X 5970's, Flaccus, you will have no need to upgrade this for years!! Lovely screen too, I'm sure you got much pleasure from sticking it all together and switching it on :)

But I bet he will be pulling it apart in a week to upgrade something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Ha, ya, reminds me of Lego Syndrome, building it is the best part. It doesn't stay together very long after though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

True..true :)

And what's worse those are 5970 4gig jobs :eek:

Was going to get the Asus Rampage Extreme III but if you look at the pic you will see the 1st video cards fans would be blocked by a sound card. And it looks like the EVGA is the only board which will support a soundcard in the top pci-e slot, and still have room for 2x3slot video cards with a space between them for airflow.

Flaccus wrote: »
    True..true :)

And what's worse those are 5970 4gig jobs :eek:

Was going to get the Asus Rampage Extreme III but if you look at the pic you will see the 1st video cards fans would be blocked by a sound card. And it looks like the EVGA is the only board which will support a soundcard in the top pci-e slot, and still have room for 2x3slot video cards with a space between them for airflow.

Yea the word insane was coming to mind when thinking about you in relation too the 5970's :P, there 1k each aint they? I was going to suggest watercooling proper too you but you upgrade well too quick for that :). What do you have the 980x overclocked too?

• Advertisement

Am only running the 980x at 4.2ghz and each gpu core is clocked at 1000. 850 stock. Didn't see the point of getting the toxics for just an extra 50 mhz which would have been 300 euro more when you can clock em yourself.

Here's my final update on the audio side.

dscn0536.th.jpg
    dscn0538e.th.jpg
    dscn0542jj.th.jpg
    dscn0535v.th.jpg
    dscn0527o.th.jpg
    dscn0528f.th.jpg

I'm running a Graham Slee Solo SRGII+ headphones amp which is driving a pair of Sennheiser HD 650's. The amp is plugged into the front speaker output on the X-Fi using a QED Reference J2P high end analogue 3.5mm phono to dual rca cable. I really only use headphones for gaming as I like Creatives CMSS3D mode and it drowns out noise :)

For music which I take seriously, I am using a cardas clear high end usb cable to feed my HRT Music Streamer II+ Dac my itunes lossless tracks. The dac is outputting to a Bantam Gold amp from temple audio (same guys who make the infamous tamp, and its easily as good as the Meridian/Audiolab 8000P/Monoblock high end setup I used run). I was connecting the amp to the dac via a pair of even higher end QED Signature Audio S analogue interconnects (http://www.adverts.ie/248542/home-audio/price-drop-qed-signature-audio-s-interconnects-10m-very-high-end/). However I now run a hand made rca cable I had made up and the quality is even better. Speakers are about the best I could fit given the space and are Mordaunt Short Aviano 1's. Speaker cable of course is Chord Company Carnival biwire whose plugs are professionally silver soldered on. You might notice the logic 3 remote. Dead handy for controlling itunes from other side of bedroom :)

PC is pretty much finished now. Won't bother watercooling. I'll just get the Corsair AX1200 PSU next month. And I have this to put in as well. http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/Accessoires/Cardreader-writer/Lian-Li-BZ-S01-Multi-Panel-black::13615.html

Looks sweet but that sound system would be lost on someone like me, music am happy with gaming headset and onboard soundcard for it :)
    Heres my build finished (a sane mans build :D, wishing had the cash for yours though :P), including your old keyboard and minus my corsair h50 that was put in after the first pic.
    IMAG0050.jpgIMAG0027.jpg
    IMAG0052.jpg
    IMAG0047.jpg
    Htpc hooked up to tv now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Let's hope I get more Thanks for this one, did some cable management:

dscn0016e.jpg

dscn0015r.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

thats not cable management this is cable management

before
    CIMG0727.jpg

after
    CIMG0731.jpg

Wish I could do mine that well, and I also wish someone thanked my post :(

• Advertisement

Venom is your memory supposed to be in the last two slots? Should it not be in the 1&3 or 2&4?

1+2 or 3+4 with this MoBo, can't remember why I left it in the white slots though.

EDIT: it's set to unganged, would setting it to ganged increase performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭somakasvh

it's set to unganged, would setting it to ganged increase performance?

Yeah, ganged will mean its running in dual-channel mode which means you'll have more memory bandwidth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Wish I could do mine that well, and I also wish someone thanked my post :(

You can. It only takes about 45 mins. But it will require you to run a lot of cables behind the mobo, and to get pretty creative with routing. The Haf i find isn't the best case for cable management though. For something seriously neat and easy the 800D is the Dogs dangly's. Also getting Nils to send you some MDPC sleeving always helps, plus its dirt cheap and he draw's you a nice little picture :D

You can. It only takes about 45 mins. But it will require you to run a lot of cables behind the mobo, and to get pretty creative with routing. The Haf i find isn't the best case for cable management though. For something seriously neat and easy the 800D is the Dogs dangly's. Also getting Nils to send you some MDPC sleeving always helps, plus its dirt cheap and he draw's you a nice little picture :D

Yeah, I wish I could afford the 800D, but I'm happy with my cables the way they are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

ye +1 on niles sleeving its great stuff really is a he,s a super nice guy cable management is all about time and keeping a cool head when its not working out murderbox-17.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

great rig guys - and Flaccus - fantastic build, enjoy it!

Ta. although my cable management is no where near as good as above which looks like a murder mod job. Has someone on this site actually done something that fancy ? Don't think it could be possible with my rig as I have so much stuff to hide it's a simple matter of physx.

I just added 2 x 600GB Velociraptors today to go with the 2 Caviar Black 2TB's and 2 Crucial RealSSD300's. Also got me a X-Fi HD but looks like I have to sell the thing as I'm half an inch short on the top pci-e slot thanks to the big northbridge heat sink. Mulling over whether to sell the Classified and get an Asus Rampage III.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

well i copy,d the pick of overclocker,s.net its pure beauty yo dont see it very often

I sont suppose anyone here has a Tj07 orTj09 / Lian li v2000a sitting around gathering dust they would like to sell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,389 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Spacedog wrote: »
    ok, here's my new baby...

Thermaltake Level 10 Case
    /falls over

massy086 wrote: »
    ye +1 on niles sleeving its great stuff really is a he,s a super nice guy cable management is all about time and keeping a cool head when its not working out murderbox-17.jpg
    http://www.murderbox.com/essence.html

****ing hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

Wow now that is some seriously clean and tidy systems, i do want!

i have it on good authority those are Tony Stark Computers

(or they would be)

the murderbox gallery is incredibly. If only i had the dispense to drop $10k on something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

sl370854.jpg
    sl370864.jpg
    Not built by me, pre-built by OCUK

Coolermaster Cosmos RC-1000 Black Edition
    Corsair HX 850W ATX
    Intel Core i7 930
    Asus Rampage Extreme III
    Corsair XMS3 6GB
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB & WD 500gb
    Saphire ATI Radeon HD 5770

Still a few bits to get, I have a 5870 on the way since the one I got was DOA. I plan to buy a second for crossfire.
    Also thinking about SSD, but I dont like what I hear about them regarding degradation and performance drops over time. Might settle for a Raptor instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gamer_Niall

5zpthu.jpg
    ngyj54.jpg

cooler master haf 922
    wondows 7 64bit
    i5-750
    4gb ram
    2gb radeon 5970
    1tb hard drive
    samsung disk drive
    mugen 2B cpu cooler
    750W power

still waiting on the OS to arrive :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

+1 for Nils, I've spoken to him a few times on OCN, very very sound guy.

@ Ryan : The 922/932 arent HAF bad :o:o:o

Niall, nice rig but sort your cable managment out mate :o

*Self Plug Warning*

Check out my cable managment guide down in the tweaking & modding section :)

Deano.

I wasn't sure which of these to use, so here is the lot of them

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Deano.

I wasn't sure which of these to use, so here is the lot of them

<SNIP>

I'm failing to understand what Solitaries edit means so I wont say anything in case I make an eejit of meself !:o

Anyway, back on topic, does anyone have one of those new GTX460's, they seem to be brilliant for the price bracket

• Advertisement

Krieg wrote: »
    sl370854.jpg
    I find it strange that they oriented the PSU that way: yes it makes cable management a tad easier, but where is the intake fan drawing in air from or is it completely obstructed?? Even if the bottom is vented there thats got to be putting strain on it. And low-pile carpet or not - that cant be good for it.

Advertisement