Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Where did you get your mouse mat?

It's an Equate Plus. Got it direct from Xray Pad.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    What do you think of the Katana, Grahamer?

Better than any PC speakers i had before. I'm more a headphone person but it's good to have speakers to use once in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Better than any PC speakers i had before. I'm more a headphone person but it's good to have speakers to use once in a while.

Yeah, I prefer headphones for gaming and music. But occasionally I want/need to use speakers instead, and I like the convenience of a soundbar.

I've had it quite a while but only recently added it back to my setup. The wideness of sound it gives off is really impressive for such a compact device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Back to air i go. No more pump noise at last. Great temps too.

Gorgeous setup you have there! :cool: :cool:

Im hoping I don't regret my AIO purchase :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

Shlippery wrote: »
    Got a Pi last week and setup pi-hole. <- magic!

I've been running Pi-hole in a VM on my server for quite a while now. It's so nice to have ads removed from pretty much everywhere including from add infested smartphone apps. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

BloodBath wrote: »
    Lad's don't quote the pictures. Nice build though.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Finished this today but nervous to boot it up in case I've made a mistake.

The Graphics Card is a Sapphire Nitro Plus 5700 Xt Special Edition and it has 2 x 8 power supply connections

I connected 2 x 6 pin from the PSU and 2 x 2 pin but the manual is very vague, actually has no info?

Its my first build and I don't want to ruin it by something stupid when I power up.

Managed the AIO easy enough but Im nervous about powering up.

Is there anything I'm missing? Or need to check?

Ignore the cables, I'll tidy those up once I know its all wired OK :o

kOmyMhk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

The +2 on the left 6+2 connector to your graphics card looks like it isn't fully seated.
    Those connectors usually have little grooves in them so you can stick the two bits together and plug them in at once easily.

Other than that, from what I can see it looks fine.

What you did is correct; PSU manufacturers just split the 8pin into 6+2 in case you have a GPU that only needs a 6pin, or an 8+6 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Your right the 2 pin isn't in fully. Plug out the 6 pin and plug the 2 pin in first and then plug the 6 pin on top with the small clip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

You have the CPU power cable plugged in?

Looking at the pic i can't see it with the AIO,it would be top left of the motherboard.

Looks good otherwise

Serephucus wrote: »
    The +2 on the left 6+2 connector to your graphics card looks like it isn't fully seated.
    Those connectors usually have little grooves in them so you can stick the two bits together and plug them in at once easily.

Other than that, from what I can see it looks fine.

What you did is correct; PSU manufacturers just split the 8pin into 6+2 in case you have a GPU that only needs a 6pin, or an 8+6 or something.

Thanks a mill! I pushed it in an it clicked.
    Your right the 2 pin isn't in fully. Plug out the 6 pin and plug the 2 pin in first and then plug the 6 pin on top with the small clip.

Eagle eye :) Cheers though, Im having problems :(
    EoinHef wrote: »
    You have the CPU power cable plugged in?

Looking at the pic i can't see it with the AIO,it would be top left of the motherboard.

Looks good otherwise

Yep, CPU cable in, but did notice a CPU2 power slot next to it but according to the manual, ive dont it right. :(

Unfortunately I plugged in the Power lead and then hit the power button on the case and nothing!

Case is not turning on, Ive checked the mobo and everything is plugged in.

The PSU is a new RMX850 but no sound or life in it.

What an anti Climax though, I was just hoping it would power on at least but nothing. Its completely dead :(

Any ideas? Ill probably wait until tomorrow and until Ive more natural light to work with.

Checked the PSU connections and they are all firm. There is no power though. :(

All sorted! I had the case power switches connected in the wrong sequence. The numbers in the manual were in a different order in pairs and I put them in slightly wrong.

Your power button switch, etc could be plugged in incorrectly (bottom right of the mobo). Check you have them in the right orientation. ie : Positive and Negative.

Also, make sure you've flipped the switch on the PSU. It happens more than you would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Swap around the front panel connector for the power switch. It might just be backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

amadablam wrote: »
    Thanks a mill! I pushed it in an it clicked.

Eagle eye :) Cheers though, Im having problems :(

Yep, CPU cable in, but did notice a CPU2 power slot next to it but according to the manual, ive dont it right. :(

Unfortunately I plugged in the Power lead and then hit the power button on the case and nothing!

Case is not turning on, Ive checked the mobo and everything is plugged in.

The PSU is a new RMX850 but no sound or life in it.

What an anti Climax though, I was just hoping it would power on at least but nothing. Its completely dead :(

Any ideas? Ill probably wait until tomorrow and until Ive more natural light to work with.

Checked the PSU connections and they are all firm. There is no power though. :(

Google paperclip PSU. All you have to do is unplug the main 24 pin and bridge two connections with paperclip and if it doesn't power up then the PSU is at fault. Also when doing it check a few times you are bridging the correct two pins.

Your power button switch, etc could be plugged in incorrectly (bottom right of the mobo). Check you have them in the right orientation. ie : Positive and Negative.

Also, make sure you've flipped the switch on the PSU. It happens more than you would think.
    Serephucus wrote: »
    Swap around the front panel connector for the power switch. It might just be backwards.
    Google paperclip PSU. All you have to do is unplug the main 24 pin and bridge two connections with paperclip and if it doesn't power up then the PSU is at fault. Also when doing it check a few times you are bridging the correct two pins.

Thanks guys!

I went in before I came back to see the responses and I moved around the case connections and it worked!

Pics inbound! :D I'm delighted! :D

Need to set up tomorrow and install icue and stuff and get the RGB toned down and the gpu set up, etc.

Thanks for the help! I found those little tiny cables badly explained in the manual.

7jc69wS.jpg

7hg2Gss.jpg

Phb45Iq.jpg

rFfgc23.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Thanks guys!

I went in before I came back to see the responses and I moved around the case connections and it worked!

Pics inbound! :D I'm delighted! :D

it's the best feeling! enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Finished this today but nervous to boot it up in case I've made a mistake.

The Graphics Card is a Sapphire Nitro Plus 5700 Xt Special Edition and it has 2 x 8 power supply connections

I connected 2 x 6 pin from the PSU and 2 x 2 pin but the manual is very vague, actually has no info?

Its my first build and I don't want to ruin it by something stupid when I power up.

Managed the AIO easy enough but Im nervous about powering up.

Is there anything I'm missing? Or need to check?

Ignore the cables, I'll tidy those up once I know its all wired OK :o

Where did you get the white PCI cables, am on the look out for them at the moment.

Where did you get the white PCI cables, am on the look out for them at the moment.

They came with the version of the RMX 850 but there are two versions, one with the paracord cables and one without. I waited two months for corsair to have the version with paracord.

Just put up a few pics there of it powered on. Happy days! :D

Good stuff. Enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

They came with the version of the RMX 850 but there are two versions, one with the paracord cables and one without. I waited two months for corsair to have the version with paracord.

Just put up a few pics there of it powered on. Happy days! :D

Sound for the reply, lovely clean build, best of luck with it!

Sound for the reply, lovely clean build, best of luck with it!

No bother, the cables cost 95 on their own from corsair but its not that much diffence in prince between the 2 RMX versions which is weird. I think Cablemod do sets but pricey enough I think.

Appreciate the compliment too. First proper build and bag of nerves swicthing it on. Have to set up and connect to the LG 850 and see what this 1440p is all about :D

Like a kid in a sweet shop! :D
    Shlippery wrote: »
    it's the best feeling! enjoy!

It sure is! A bit buttock clenching though :pac:

I was hoping it wasnt going to be some screw or standoff causing the issue,thankfully not.

Enjoy your build:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Phanteks make PSU extension cables that work with any make of PSU with the only downside being due to how long they are, it might be a pain squeezing them in behind the mobo tray. They work out around the €40 mark so much cheaper than full on modular replacements.

http://www.phanteks.com/Extension-Combo.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Venom wrote: »
    Phanteks make PSU extension cables that work with any make of PSU with the only downside being due to how long they are, it might be a pain squeezing them in behind the mobo tray. They work out around the €40 mark so much cheaper than full on modular replacements.

http://www.phanteks.com/Extension-Combo.html

Yea I added the Phanteks ones ( in my pics on the previous page) - they're a nice touch - but extremely long so it's a proper mess behind the scenes!

Do you have the monitor set to the correct input? As in when you press the menu button on the monitor going left gives you a selection of inputs.

Also use display port not HDMI,you should have got a display port cable in the monitor box

Be best off creating a new thread if theres issues too

EoinHef wrote: »
    Do you have the monitor set to the correct input? As in when you press the menu button on the monitor going left gives you a selection of inputs.

Also use display port not HDMI,you should have got a display port cable in the monitor box

Be best off creating a new thread if theres issues too

Cheers dude.

Problem was that I used my work monitor and it just wouldn't display anything.

I put the LG on and worked straight away. Work monitor is a company provided one so you can guess its not great :o

Sorry for the stupid questions as well :o

No question is stupid man,we all gotta learn. PC can require a bit of faffing sometimes:pac:

Iirc out of range is an error you can get when a display resolution is not supported but I haven't seen that in an age. G

The work monitor should be OK once you have windows installed and updated. Dual monitors is always nice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

My humble Node 202:

XvWIdgel.jpg

Tennis ball for scale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Back to air i go. No more pump noise at last. Great temps too.
    That's a Karlby/Alex desk/drawer setup, right Grahamer72? Curious as to what monitor stand you're using?

Thinking of getting something similar here but my current Allcam monitor stand comes out too far from the wall and with the Karlby being already pretty shallow compared to most desks, I reckon I'll need to get something that sits the monitor itself further back.

Advertisement