Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

gizmo wrote: »
    That's a Karlby/Alex desk/drawer setup, right Grahamer72? Curious as to what monitor stand you're using?

Thinking of getting something similar here but my current Allcam monitor stand comes out too far from the wall and with the Karlby being already pretty shallow compared to most desks, I reckon I'll need to get something that sits the monitor itself further back.

Yup. I have the below from Amazon. It's not as far back as i'd like it to be but i think that's the best you'll do with the Karlby.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Invision-Monitor-Arm-Ergonomic-Adjustable/dp/B0765Y4CT5/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-p13n1_0?cv_ct_cx=monitor+arm&dchild=1&keywords=monitor+arm&pd_rd_i=B0765Y4CT5&pd_rd_r=ee44b8b4-c861-423c-a417-7722a545d845&pd_rd_w=zUBrg&pd_rd_wg=WwIgt&pf_rd_p=3b853e83-6bf6-4856-96c6-ae2430a26fcf&pf_rd_r=H9NQ88B3AZG42D3MQQD6&psc=1&qid=1593877380&sr=1-1-c8b680f7-0dc9-4abe-aa5a-ccfde0ac07ae

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Picked up a Be Quiet Shadow Rock TF2 for my Ryzen 3600 to upgrade from the stock cooler to keep it a bit quieter, and in the hopes of dropping in a higher spec CPU at a later date. Don't see it recommended on the forum really, but thought i would post up some pics regardless. Installed in an old (circa 2013) Fractal Define style micro ATX case.

520147.jpg

520148.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29 JuXo

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    be quiet! Pure Rock CPU Cooler
    B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
    2x8GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER OC
    PNY XLR8 CS3030 m.2 500GB
    NZXT H510 Case
    Arctic P12 PWM PST x2
    Corsair CX550 80PLUS Bronze

3Ja0CZP.jpg

F8JuRGv.jpg

f2jXU0V.jpg

6DtYpcO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

leica-1-logo-black-and-white.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

Good clean build. Always impressed by people who take the time to do proper cable management on the back as well. the back of my case looks like a tray of dead snakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Homelander wrote: »
    Good clean build. Always impressed by people who take the time to do proper cable management on the back as well. the back of my case looks like a tray of dead snakes.

What storage you have?

I'm using 1x 1tb hdd,1x 2tb hdd,1x 500gb sata ssd and 1x 1tb Nvme

Thats a lot of cables for the sata stuff:pac:

Then if you add stuff like fan controllers,rgb aio blocks with multiple connections,rgb header cables etc your gonna be sweating just getting the side panel on :P

I really like the idea of having 2x 2tb Nvme drives as the only storage. Rhat build really shows how neat it could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

My current build only has M.2 SSDs in it. Cleans it up at the back so much. I've got loads of spare harddrive's and sata ssds lying around now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

My first build

AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
    Arctic Esports 34 duo white
    X570 MSI TOMAHAWK
    2x16GB Trident Z Neo
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 2070 SUPER
    Corsair Mp600 Gen4 500gb Nvme for OS etc
    Samsung 970 Evo Plus Gen 3 1TB Nvme for Games
    Be Quiet Purebase 500DX case
    5x Corsair 140mm Icue RGB fans (3 in & 2 out) and controller
    Asus ROG 850w (white) PSU
    Corsair Mouse, Keyboard and mouse mat.

Currently have RGB on PC, Keyboard and Mouse to match the blue on the walls.

DSC-1322.jpg

Had a problem with some thermal paste that came out, cleaned it up with a cotton bud.

DSC-1320.jpg

Had problems with the termal paste, might have put on too much. Ran Cinebench a few times and my CPU was hitting 76°C with 100% usage and CPU fans hitting 100%. Score was 4817.
    Have to admit I'm a noob at this but I'm guessing those temperatures running Cinebench are OK?

Will point out them I think the PSU cables could look a bit better, the graphics card cabling looks a bit odd to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

Looks great. Thermal paste wise, if it's coming out the sides, that's indicative that you used too much, and that can hurt temps.

78c at 100% though isn't critical. Under normal circumstances your PC will be operating way below that.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

Looks gorgeous lad. You planned it well with all the white. Looks so organized you'd swear it's modded

• Advertisement

A grain of rice sized amount of TIM should suffice unless more is specifically recommended.

You can even put that amount on then spread it around to ensure a somewhat even coverage. Tighten the cooler bit by bit going from corner to corner,that also will help things to spread evenly and shouldnt squeeze anything out one side because of uneven pressure.

Probably worth remounting the cooler,if for nothing else but piece of mind.

Nit picking though,its a nice setup,congrats on the new PC:)

Great to see more DX's. We should start an owners club. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    My first build

AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
    X570 MSI TOMAHAWK
    2x16GB Trident Z Neo

Looks terrible. I'll take it off your hands for free if you want to get that monstrosity out of your house ;)

OSI wrote: »
    I love the white GPU. I have the 2080 Super equivalent of the model and spent ages looking for a white variant but couldn’t find one. Tempted to spray it myself because it looks great in your setup.

Yh as far as I could see in the 2070s there was only that Gigabyte model. In the 2080s there is also a ROG Strix available I think. Not many white options.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

Just for something a little different - this is my recent router build.

It's got an Athlon 200GE, an A320 ITX board, 8GB of DDR4 and a SATA M.2 drive. The PCIe card is a 4 port ethernet Intel i350. It's powered by a Pico PSU. 20-25W is the typical usage, which isn't a million miles away from a high end off the shelf router.

I have IPFire running on it. I was going to go with Pfsense but in the end I settled with IPFire given it's Linux based and I found it easier to use and configure.

I've been using it as the main router in our house for the last month - it's certainly been fun to build and configure.

520906.jpg

520909.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Macker1

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    My first build

AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
    X570 MSI TOMAHAWK
    2x16GB Trident Z Neo

Currently have RGB on PC, Keyboard and Mouse to match the blue on the walls.

DSC-1322.jpg

Had a problem with some thermal paste that came out, cleaned it up with a cotton bud.

DSC-1320.jpg

Had problems with the termal paste, might have put on too much. Ran Cinebench a few times and my CPU was hitting 76°C with 100% usage and CPU fans hitting 100%. Score was 4817.
    Have to admit I'm a noob at this but I'm guessing those temperatures running Cinebench are OK?

Will point out them I think the PSU cables could look a bit better, the graphics card cabling looks a bit odd to me.

Looks great..... Very challenging to complete a white build given the limited options and price. Nearly finished one myself and at this stage only waiting to buy a GPU

Is your card the following ? If so how do you find it performance wise ? I would be upgrading from a 1080

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-super-gaming-oc-3x-white-8gb-gddr6-ray-tracing-graphics-card-2560-core-160

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

1080 to 2070S doesn't seem like a massive leap. Would you not wait until next gen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

There's always something around the corner but would agree with above, you're so close now to new cards..may as well hold off and see what they have lined up! That 2070s may drop in price, or may get something similarly priced with more oomph!

Macker1 wrote: »

Is your card the following ? If so how do you find it performance wise ? I would be upgrading from a 1080

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-super-gaming-oc-3x-white-8gb-gddr6-ray-tracing-graphics-card-2560-core-160

That's the card

I'll be honest I haven't pushed it yet. I currently have a 4k 60hrz monitor. Waiting on my 1440p 144hrz to arrive.

Did play some wreck fest last night in 4k ultra settings and it was locked at 60. Card was running at 60-80% usage depending on how much carnage and cars were around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

finished new build at the weekend - few small bits to fine tune but nearly there

20200727-133331.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Is there an external power supply?

I'd guess the PSU mounts behind the motherboard tray,not something you see very often.

Very nice actually,very neat looking.

its a corsair 280x, has compartment in back for psu and cables

its a matx case but a little wider, glass above rad needs spacers as its too low, the feet also i need to try to find some spacers to raise it up to improve the airflow

BArra wrote: »
    its a corsair 280x, has compartment in back for psu and cables

its a matx case but a little wider, glass above rad needs spacers as its too low, the feet also i need to try to find some spacers to raise it up to improve the airflow

Looks great. Those fans obviously set you back a fair few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 JuXo

small update

C44rTyN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

BArra wrote: »
    finished new build at the weekend - few small bits to fine tune but nearly there

20200727-133331.jpg

That's lovely. Very unique.

What case is that? What kind of sorcery is hiding the PSU?

Love the 2 direct fans feeding the GPU. There's almost no cases that can do that.

Nice cables in the last 2 builds. What sleeve kits are you using? Been meaning to get one for ages.

-edit- NM, seen the posts after. Great builds lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

BloodBath wrote: »
    What kind of sorcery is hiding the PSU?

It would be a pretty wide case.

BloodBath wrote: »
    That's lovely. Very unique.

What case is that? What kind of sorcery is hiding the PSU?

Love the 2 direct fans feeding the GPU. There's almost no cases that can do that.

Nice cables in the last 2 builds. What sleeve kits are you using? Been meaning to get one for ages.

-edit- NM, seen the posts after. Great builds lads.

thanks for that

cables are cablemod full sets, not the cheapest but gives a good look.

i swapped the z63 fans for two ql140s(not the best performance but running fairly cool so far), another 2xql140 as front intake and bottom two are ql120s as 140s would not fit due to front io cables and audio

the case is wider, about 27cm wide to accomodate the rear compartment

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/KxKLGc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

zwcSbnB.jpg

500DX member checking in.

• Advertisement

Welcome to the club. :pac:

Advertisement