Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

What does the gf think of RGB :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    What does the gf think of RGB :D

She said it's pretty & told me to orient it so she could see ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    She said it's pretty & told me to orient it so she could see ;)

Ah yes, I see you got a reasonable one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Last of the COVID changes...got a Fredde desk!
    (there has been some cable management done but not as easy when tower is up top!
    (and headset /Modmic combo is a bitch for cables!)

https://imgur.com/a/gNxIt6V

k18nuNN.jpg

3T3iIt5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm not a fan of where the SSD is. I prefer to hide them around the back.

• Advertisement

Why is there not a can of beer in that holder?? :pac::pac:

I'm not a fan of where the SSD is. I prefer to hide them around the back.

Yea, I think i'm gonna put it back in hiding, doesn't look as nice as I thought it would in that spot!

There's no beer in the holders...yet, gimme an hour or two :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Hi All,

Just a quick update on my new/first (few months ago) build after new mobo and new PSU were replaced again with X570 ASUS Rog Strix Gaming-E (love it) and RMX850 Paracorded edition (came with an AX1200 24 pin...., 2 weeks for replacement cable :( ) Build was a bit of a false start but Im happy with the result now :D:D:D

LG Ultragear GL850-B, Sapphire Nitro Plus Radeon 5700XT O. C. Special Edition, Razer Hunstman Opto/Mech Keyboard, Razer Basilisk Wireless.

Just realised the plastic is still on the glass panel :eek::eek:

ddRphPO.jpg

WFxkuCQ.jpg

xni3tZJ.jpg

TTrAvfO.jpg

0XZennU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Very nice man,very clean.

I've still got the plastic on the side panel of my case 18 months now:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Looks great. I've that case sitting in my basket on Amazon but was going to keep my NZXT H500 for my new build but now I'm thinking I should get a new case :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Looks good.

Excellent. Looks great now. You got there in the end.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Very nice man,very clean.

I've still got the plastic on the side panel of my case 18 months now:pac:

Thanks dude, appreciated the help when I was on build MK1 :D
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    Looks great. I've that case sitting in my basket on Amazon but was going to keep my NZXT H500 for my new build but now I'm thinking I should get a new case :(

Thanks Titian, its a lovely case, I got it when it first batch came out but delays with components and then a few hickups and some waiting, before I got it all together properly.

They are lovely cases and nice to build in, plenty room and tidy too and not mad money. Go for it, you know you will in the long run :D
    Excellent. Looks great now. You got there in the end.

Thanks mate, appreciated the helpful pointers.

If anything, all the minor problems taught me what to do when the new mobo came so it went together first try and Im delighted with it.

Just in time for next gen cpu's :D:D
    Looks good.

Thanks very much dude. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Damn. Had been looking at the 500DX for a new build too, but then decided on the Phanteks P500A.... Now I'm thinking about cancelling that preorder for the DX again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Lovely build. How do you find the monitor? I'm on the lookout for a new main panel.

That LG is supposed to be the best 1440p IPS on the market. Still a bit pricey though.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Lovely build. How do you find the monitor? I'm on the lookout for a new main panel.

That LG is supposed to be the best 1440p IPS on the market. Still a bit pricey though.

Cheers Bloodbath, I'm happy out with it.

Monitor is very nice. Upgraded the firmware and it seems very responsive and colors are good for ips. Seems to work well with my gpu.

Curry's UK did a batch at 359 sterling a few months ago so I thought it was worth it at that price and it might be worth watching them. Couldn't see anything with as decent specs for the money.

I think they now have an 850GN which is the same panel but just minus a few usb inputs and cheaper but the 359 prices for the 850B was just too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Bungusbeefcake

Finally finished my build... Well mostly. Was thinking of painting the front cover in black surround, then red and gold. What do you think??

It's a phanteks eclipse p400s case, so I had to modify the front panel for 2 reasons, airflow was crap and I mounted 3x120mm fans directly behind it so I could mount the rad on the inside 240mm rad).

So the specs:
    Phanteks eclipse P400s Case
    Superflower Leader III 850W 80+ Gold PSU
    6 X 120mm UpHere argb fans and controller
    MSI Meg z490 Unify mobo
    Intel i9-10850k CPU
    64GB Corsair Vengeance pro 3200mhz RAM
    Nvidia RTX 3080 Founders Edition GPU
    CPU cooling loop has: Barrow Ark CPU block, Barrow T-Virus reservoir, Barrow D5 pump Barrow flow meter lower left, Barrow 240mm X 30mm radiator, Bykski digital flow meter, then a mix between Bykski and barrow push fittings, enhanced fittings and compression fittings, with PETG tubing. Running mayhems x1 blood red coolant.

And data is in there too!!

page-5528#lg=attachment2466780&slide=0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

4o2xis.jpg

Two more of it in its RGB glory

Homelander wrote: »
    4o2xis.jpg

Couldn't upload the photos on my phone, they were too big and had to wait till I got home to crop them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Those uphere fans are great value aren't they!

Those uphere fans are great value aren't they!

Yeah, I'm very happy with them. Have them all controlled via the MSI app, but they're all into the CPU fan header for fan speed. I'm tempted to leave the RGB centrally controlled but stick the fans into individual headers for more tailored control... What way so you have it set up??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Yeah, I'm very happy with them. Have them all controlled via the MSI app, but they're all into the CPU fan header for fan speed. I'm tempted to leave the RGB centrally controlled but stick the fans into individual headers for more tailored control... What way so you have it set up??

My fans do their own thing, my Wraith prism does it's own thing and my 5700XT red devil does it's own thing. I'm tempted to let the keyboard and mouse do that swirly thing but that might be too much! :pac:

I really should probably try and co-ordinate the tower in fairness but the fans dont work on the ASUS header I have AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

quick question re ram. Just built a new PC and have to 8GB sticks 3600MHz. when i went into the bios for set up, i noticed the ram speed is set for 2133MHz. Am i right in thinking i can set it to 3600MHz or to hold back to 3200, or should i leave it on the default?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You should be able to choose an xmp profile for the memory in the bios which will set it to what the memory is rated for assuming the motherboard supports it properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hi all, git itchy fingers for a new case again so that meant i got itchy fir new mobo, cpu and storage ;):)

Wanted to go back to itx as i want to be able move between sitting room and soare room so went with thermaltake core v1 case, ive always liked the look of them in reviews. Easy case to build in.

20201130-095427.jpg

20201130-103349.jpg

20201130-114315.jpg

20201130-120634.jpg

20201130-124632.jpg

20201130-125251.jpg

20201130-125646.jpg

Re-used the 5700xt and 256gb 870evo m.2 from last build.

Ah was worried when I saw the gpu poking out the end, relieved to see the front panel covers it perfectly!!
    Looks like a tidy piece of kit! Very Nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Shlippery wrote: »
    Ah was worried when I saw the gpu poking out the end, relieved to see the front panel covers it perfectly!!
    Looks like a tidy piece of kit! Very Nice!

I was too :) there is a surprising amount of room behind the front cover, i had setup the rad on the outside and was gonna pull air in but worked better setting it up to push.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Job finally complete, not bothered properly tidying cables etc as I'm moving in a few months

SotVXgf.jpg
    kR7syFn.jpg?1
    muh0D95.jpg
    71RSRLk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

fCMg1MZ.jpg

GF bought me new speakers, they sound great (AudioEngine A2+) but I think I need to raise them a few inches.

Advertisement