Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Bit mean but I'd try stick them all on the visible side if it doesn't screw the flexibility too much.

Yours look cotton though are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Yup they're cotton. I'm going to try and get a better bend on the 24pin and tidy everything else up when I'm adding the extra fans. I bought a pack of extra combs as well so they may come in handy

Should be a lot more flexible than mine then. Mine are super stiff with the combs.

A 90 degree bend is grand, forget about 180 without a lot of space to do it.

I think once I can free up a bit more space in the back I'll be able to get a better bend. Just shoved it all together today to see how it looked

Right I'm done this time I swear:pac:

8Eje5blh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Is that real or a rendered image? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Confused11811

For some reason I can't upload any images today but I've linked a album of my latest build. Completed it today after my RX6700XT arrived from AMD this morning. Smooth, easy and quick build, especially considering it's an ITX build.

Times spy results , no overclock here

Parts from Amazon Spain -
    Crucial P2 CT1000P2SSD8 & Cooler Master MasterBox NR200P
    Cost including deliver €208.62

Parts from Amazon UK bought at various times over the last 6 - 8 weeks when discounted -
    Corsair SF Series SF600 SFX 600W PSU, Vetroo V5 CPU Cooler, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Aorus B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI
    Cost including delivery £374.7 or €436

I already had Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600 MHz C18 left over from a previous build at the time costing €109

Graphic Card direct from AMD costing €513.19

Total cost €1,266.81

EDIT - Boards image upload fixed now. I think I can improve the PSU cable management by either moving the PSU to the front or by flipping it around in it's mount in current location. I'll revisit it next week when I've a bit more time. Still I'm happy with the look as it is and the airflow seems really good, but any suggestion from people familiar with the case would be appreciated.

552686.jpg
    552687.jpg
    552688.jpg
    552689.jpg
    552691.jpg

Lovely build. I'd be tempted to paint that backplate white to blend it in.

Is there no way the board power cables can go behind the psu cage?

A nice sleeved extension kit wouldn't look as bad where it is.

These are good for the money although you might want cotton ones as these can be quite stiff if you need to bend them a fair bit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EZDIY-FAB-UK2-WS-18AWG-300/dp/B082WZJRXR/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=sleeved+power+extension+pc&qid=1620745821&sr=8-3

These white with red accents would suit your build I think.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reaper-Cable-Sleeved-PSU-Extension-White-Red/dp/B0816VRXFM/ref=sr_1_50_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=sleeved+power+extension+pc&qid=1620746016&sr=8-50-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNlFYNFNaQ1lQSlpLJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODQxNzk0MkxGREZISlNSNVlKOSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjUwMDM3MzFEWlM3NDdaTDIwSiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX210ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

BloodBath wrote: »
    Lovely build. I'd be tempted to paint that backplate white to blend it in.

Is there no way the board power cables can go behind the psu cage?

A nice sleeved extension kit wouldn't look as bad where it is.

These are good for the money although you might want cotton ones as these can be quite stiff if you need to bend them a fair bit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EZDIY-FAB-UK2-WS-18AWG-300/dp/B082WZJRXR/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=sleeved+power+extension+pc&qid=1620745821&sr=8-3

These white with red accents would suit your build I think.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reaper-Cable-Sleeved-PSU-Extension-White-Red/dp/B0816VRXFM/ref=sr_1_50_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=sleeved+power+extension+pc&qid=1620746016&sr=8-50-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNlFYNFNaQ1lQSlpLJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODQxNzk0MkxGREZISlNSNVlKOSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjUwMDM3MzFEWlM3NDdaTDIwSiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX210ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Thanks, It was the quickest build I've ever done, took about an hour from starting it to finishing installing windows :D I didn't give cable management to much thought :pac:

Having looked at other builds since I think its possible to reposition the PSU to the front of the case, put that presents another set of problems. Behind the PSU cage and side panel could be a possibility with the sleeved extension cables you suggested, the cables on the SFX supply are probably to short and rigid to allow for that

I was originally hoping to get a white RTX card like a White Zotac AMP but having built it with the RX I have to say the I like the black sides, and I agree a white back plate would look really good on it. There might be an easy vinly wrap option I can look at

Forgot to post a couple of pics from of my new case.

552729.jpg

552730.jpg

• Advertisement

I tidied up the cables a little bit tonight after checking other PSU positions, I think I'll leave it the original position with the cables tidied up. I'll look more into a white vinyl cover for the GPU back plate.

552752.jpg
    552753.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭Joeface

Not a full PC

but I decided against upgrading this year (new build )
    so I treated my old system to some additional accessories

Namely a back plate for my GFX card . It is not half bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Joeface wrote: »
    Not a full PC

but I decided against upgrading this year (new build )
    so I treated my old system to some additional accessories

Namely a back plate for my GFX card . It is not half bad.

Where did you get that?
    Looks clean AF

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Where did you get that?

some lad in Portugal .

https://www.coldzero.eu/

€26 including shipping ( I think) . I had buyers remorse till I fitted it . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Joeface wrote: »
    some lad in Portugal .

https://www.coldzero.eu/

€26 including shipping ( I think) . I had buyers remorse till I fitted it . :)

Did he charge you by the letter? Why not put "3080" on the plate?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

JoyPad wrote: »
    Did he charge you by the letter? Why not put "3080" on the plate?!

Why would he put 3080 on the plate when he has a 980?

Why would he put 3080 on the plate when he has a 980?

for the e-bay resale when I lie for 1000s of euro

and no Not charged per letter. My card is MSI so I took the most "from factory" look he had a default one .

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭J_V_C

Forgot to post a couple of pics from of my new case.

552729.jpg

552730.jpg

Wowzers, this thing is f**ken gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

My new PC, I had to go pre-built to get a 3080. Bought from Ankermann, delivered 8 business days after ordering. Well packaged, and a decent job on the cable management.

Need to get some nicer PCI cables for the GPU and its done.

Ryzen 5 5600X
    Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus
    Asus TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 OC 10GB
    16GB Corsair DDR4 3.200MHz
    1000GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe
    850W Seasonic Focus PX ATX
    Silent Base 802
    Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4, I added 2 no. Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax' instead of the brown abomination it came with.

6CLDJn6l.jpg

pYUg6P1l.jpg

I6aGdQpl.jpg

PNxPjvVl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

glynf wrote: »
    My new PC, I had to go pre-built to get a 3080. Bought from Ankermann, delivered 8 business days after ordering. Well packaged, and a decent job on the cable management.

Need to get some nicer PCI cables for the GPU and its done.

Ryzen 5 5600X
    Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus
    Asus TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 OC 10GB
    16GB Corsair DDR4 3.200MHz
    1000GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe
    850W Seasonic Focus PX ATX
    Silent Base 802
    Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4, I added 2 no. Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax' instead of the brown abomination it came with.

What did it set you back?

Looks great.

• Advertisement

I love those Silent Base 802 cases. Wouldn't have room for it but it looks the biz. Lovely build.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What did it set you back?

Looks great.

Too damn much :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

That MasterBox NR200P build is one of the coolest and cleanest small builds I've seen in ages. I hate reading this thread sometimes, especially after just building a new PC in a bog-standard cheap case because it's under the desk and no-one sees it.

But I know it's there and what it looks like....:(

Homelander wrote: »
    That MasterBox NR200P build is one of the coolest and cleanest small builds I've seen in ages.

I was going to originally do a white Thermaltake Tower 100 Mini build, but I realised it has front USB-C header. The mobo I already had didn't have the suitable header. My OCD would have gone wild knowing there was an unusable port there. In the end I'm happy I got the MasterBox NR200P. Its such a versatile case for it's size with multiple options for positioning of the GPU, PSU and use of AIO coolers.

I've been very lucky that I've gotten all the components especially the graphic cards to allow me do complete my 2 build this year. I finished upgrading my main rig yesterday with the RX6800, it's a beast. I only figured out last night that the AMD Wraith cooler RGB can be controlled. I changed the colour of it to a constant red with a outside ring doing a spiral, but now my OCD is kicking in …. the AMD on the cooler is upside down :D:pac:

553030.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

My next build will definitely be ITX small form factor.

Originally it was PSU availability that put me off but now Corsair seems to be pumping out the SF750s, and there's plenty of SFF cases coming out.

They're just so clean and save so much desk space for those of us who can't stand the thought of putting a PC on the floor!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

My next build will definitely be ITX small form factor.

Originally it was PSU availability that put me off but now Corsair seems to be pumping out the SF750s, and there's plenty of SFF cases coming out.

They're just so clean and save so much desk space for those of us who can't stand the thought of putting a PC on the floor!
    Went from 55l case down to 10l.

Love the node 202 but it gets hot and there is no such thing as cable management. If you can keep it cool and close the case, you're doing good :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Built a 6 Bay Media Server for my brother with some spare parts.

Album

Kfuw5e0.jpg

Bought a CM Masterbox Q500L for an aborted build for a different brother that would have been hidden under a TV unit so Aesthetics were never important. Always intended to mod the case with my trusty Dremel to cut out full fan openings in the perforated chassis which just doesn't have large enough holes for decent and quiet airflow. Gamers Nexus said this was one of the worst airflow cases they ever tested! LOL :D Even more important that I did those mods for its new use-case which was a 24/7 Media Server that might be in an open backed tv cabinet in another brothers gaff. Maximise airflow in order to run it low RPM and quiet but still have adequate cooling. Runs virtually silent. I used an assortment of 120mm & 140mm Thermaltake Ring Fans. LED's on for most of the photo's but will probably be switched off when I give it to my brother. These fans were handy as they have a 3 fan controller so with 6 fans and 2 controllers I was able to hook up all 6 fans to the paltry 2 fan headers on the mITX motherboard. The controllers have a Low RPM mode too which I enabled. Yes I swapped out the fan inside the Corsair PSU for a Ring and it acts as a permanent exhaust along with the conventional rear exhaust fan. Spare DeepCool Assassin 3 Twin Tower cooler may seem excessive, but it was a spare anyway and allows the rig to run silent so whatever.

Also dremeled out an opening in the motherboard tray to allow me to fit the 6 Hotswap Drive Bays.

Could have kicked myself when I scratched the acrylic side panel. Hoping my heatgun will reflow the acrylic and disappear the scratches before I hand the PC over. EDIT LOL. Yeah that didn't go well even after being careful and following the guides!!! Warped the panel. Need to order a replacement. Only €10 thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Apologies if I've misunderstood. Did you crack open the PSU itself to replace the fan inside it?

Was it an easy job?

It's the one part that I'm always afraid to touch for fear of making a fire hazard!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Apologies if I've misunderstood. Did you crack open the PSU itself to replace the fan inside it?

Was it an easy job?

It's the one part that I'm always afraid to touch for fear of making a fire hazard!

Yes. Easy enough. Ignored the 'Do not Tamper' stickers on one of the screws and some of the screws were under the Corsair Label. I did follow online instructions to discharge the capacitors before I opened it up. Didn't really need to replace the fan though tbh. Positive pressure in the case would have been fine. I was just bored I guess. :o:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 JuXo

Got EVGA 3070 for really cheap on Amazon

SOfcfCn.jpg

WybvATk.jpg

Advertisement