Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

JuXo wrote: »
    Got EVGA 3070 for really cheap on Amazon

SOfcfCn.jpg

WybvATk.jpg

I think my definition of "really cheap" and yours are quite differentðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 29 JuXo

650 euros expensive for 3070 these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Why do you have no heatsink on your m.2 drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    Why do you have no heatsink on your m.2 drive?

Because nobody actually needs one.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

ED E wrote: »
    Because nobody actually needs one.

Well your wrong there..without heatsink both my drives can get up to 70c under full load and thats in the best airflow case on the market with 200mm intake fans.

Talking to samsung admins on the samsung magician forums they have said that running the drives that hot has a detrimental effect on the drives life span

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

You really only need heat-sinks if you are doing sustained write stuff. For an average gaming PC - or, obviously, a normal day to day machine - it's really perfectly fine. 90% of M2's out there in-use don't have heat-sinks.

If you are doing heavy sustained write stuff, you'd likely have picked up a drive with a heat-sink with that in mind....but it's not important to the average user.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    Well your wrong there..without heatsink both my drives can get up to 70c under full load and thats in the best airflow case on the market with 200mm intake fans.

Talking to samsung admins on the samsung magician forums they have said that running the drives that hot has a detrimental effect on the drives life span

I've monitoring my Kingston A2000 without a heatsink and I don't think I've ever seen it go over 40c to be honest. Suppose it depends on the drive and motherboard I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Lian-Li DK-05F build:

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
    Zotac Geforce RTX 3090 Trinity
    64GB HyperX Predator 3600MHz RAM
    2x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSDs
    Lian-Li Galahad AIO 360mm CPU cooler
    Alphacool Eiswolf 2 GPU AIO 360mm cooler
    Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master motherboard

In motion: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vp7zs87b49h0hmu/20210528_184736.mp4?dl=0#

554403.jpg

554404.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

First build after 16 years without a gaming PC... beast mode.

554529.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29 JuXo

Thats it now, 6 intake, 7 exhaust, push pull on AIO

giEr5Al.jpg

ewe8P0Q.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Confused11811

I just finished upgrading my Cooler Master Masterbox NR200P build. Replaced the RX6700XT with a RX6800XT MB edition and I'm really happy with the change.

IMHO the matt black cover plate and shroud looks so much better than the silver backplate with black/red shroud. It matches the black and white aesthetic of the NR200P.

There is a massive performance increase too. The 600 gold PSU has been running 3DMark stress testing without issues for the last hour too with 98.2% FPS stability so I'm happy/surprised that I can probably get away with using it as is without having to change the PSU.

Side note, it's a shame so many images of builds have been lost with the recent site migration 😕

My last upgrade on my secondary rig for a while. I recently upgraded my main rig from a Ryzen 7 3700x to a Ryzen 9 5900x. Over the weekend I upgraded the CPU on my secondary rig from a Ryzen 5 3600 to the Ryzen 7 3700x.

I took the opportunity to change the fan on my white CPU cooler from a single white fan to two black fans in a push/pull configuration. I've changed the LED on the fans and the GPU to a bright white as well. I'm very happy with the change

Using Ryzen master basic OC'ing I got some really good results on 3Dmark with setup. It looks really good, great size and packs a punch

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/24110244

Post edited by Confused11811 on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Lovely build! How much of an uptake in performance did you see going from the 3700X to the 5900X ?

On my main rig old set up the Ryzen 3700X score was 18179 - https://www.3dmark.com/spy/23074203

New setup on my main rig Ryzen 5900X score is 19366 - https://www.3dmark.com/spy/24112746

Both with software only OC'ing haven't had much time to try and get to grips with OC'ing on the new setup/Mobo.

The RX6800XT on my secondary rig seems to have better silicone than the one in my Main rig. It constantly score 21k plus in 3Dmark , where as I can't get the one in my main rig to go beyond 20600. It's the first time I've ever seen such a big difference in silicon between identical products. I could swap them out but in reality I'd never notice the difference between either setup in day to day use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

@Confused11811 - that case/build is nice and tidy!

Feels like it's been ages since any activity in this thread - hope the global supply shortages get sorted so we can spend our money recklessly again!

Thank you 😊

Yeah the forum in general has gone very quiet, the GPU situation has made building almost impossible. It's a shame because it's easy enough to get deals on other hardware and components.

Ok it’s switched off at the minute, but just to liven thread up, this is my new machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'll be transferring my current build into a new case over Christmas, so I'll post pics of that then. 😂

All lit up like a Christmas tree now!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 alexmaxoks

Finished mine month ago

was built for fast processing of Autocad and some photo/video editing

Windows 11 PRO Build 22499

Motherboard Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X AX (3 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 2 M.2, 4 DDR4 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN, WiFi)

CPU OctalCore Intel Core i7-11700K, 4900 MHz

RAM Kingston HyperX KHX3200C16D4/32GX 32 GB DDR4-3000 DDR4 SDRAM 

GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (4 GB)

M.2 Disk Drive TOSHIBA-RD500 (PCI-E 3.0 x4)

M.2 Disk Drive XPG SPECTRIX S20G (PCI-E 3.0 x4)

Full modular PSU Cooler Master 650W

May be went a bit over with the case but I am not the fan of loose wires or dremel ))))))))))))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

The first pic is of my main right and I made some changes to it, I added a slimmer front res so I could add a thicker front rad which made me change the loop a bit. 5950x, 64gb ram, Rtx 2080

The second rig is a work in progress with a 6900xt in it but only a temp 5700g in it as I was hoping to hold out on the 5950x replacement for this since I already have a 5950x in the first pc. 5700g, 64gb 3600 ram, 6900xt

The parts on the ground in the pics are of my new server work in progress. Its a 1950x, 128gb 3600 ram, 5tb of m.2 drives, 2tb of ssd's and 18tb of hd's. It has a basic Gtx 980 ti that will be put in it which will hopefully be used for vm acceleration.

The 3rd pc is my sons xmas present, its just missing UV led's that I didn't have time to plug in over christmas. 3950x, 32gb 3600, 2080 ti

@deceit Great looking rigs there, look forward to seeing the completed server.

I've never done the full custom loop, actually only ever done air until my recent AIO addition. Are your water blocks custom built ? I hadn't seen any available for the RX6900XT admittedly I wasn't really looking. Is your RX6900XT a reference model ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I just got this one with the black back plate, it fits reference designs but they have options for a lot of cards:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Inviere

Unfortunately, this isn't for me...I built it for a family member. Pretty nice specs, especially given the current climate for the hobby. Turned out well I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

gotta say I love the white chassis..been a while since I had one but maybe its time to upgrade :D

The white gives a very nice soft ambient glow when the lights are on, quite pleasing to the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

Case itself is lovely. Not quite as quiet as I'd personally like (it's silent at idle, but as temps grow, there's three front fans, two rad exhaust fans, gpu fans, and a rear exhaust fan all doing what they do.) It could probably be improved with more detailed fan curving, but I done what I could with it given the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So, my previous motherboard (MSI X570 Tomahawk WiFi) died a random death - it no longer recognised any RAM modules.

I got a full refund from Amazon despite it being 14 months old (thank you EU laws!) and my gf graciously allowed me to change case.

I didn't want to buy a new PSU so the P200A was my best choice - extra USB ports for front & decently roomy.

The build was a pain at times - my PSU's cables are stiff & too long, so I might get ModDIY in the near-future.

I put 1x case fan pulling air in towards the rear floor to help cool the PCB portion of the RTX 3080. Not sure yet if I'll get 1 more.

Overall I'm 95% happy - going to use the empty PCI panel for a USB 2.0 extension, but I shouldn't need to add anything for a few years hopefully!

Parts list: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/KB9J8r

• Advertisement

Nice clean compact build. Did you notice any improvement in temps using the noctua fans over the stock ones on the arctic freezer aio ?

I'm after investing in a new case myself and will be migrating from my Nod 804 to a MetallicGear (Phanteks) NEO Qube case. I plan to make use of the dual system setup of the Neo Qube to have a thin itx system running along side my current system in the case. I'm looking at water-cooling options for further down the road too. It'll be my first try at water cooling, but I'm looking forward to giving it a go. The nod 804 will be repurposed with either an FM1/FM2 system for a home media server. I just need to make the time to complete my plans :-)

Advertisement