Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

titan18 wrote: »
    I can run BF2:Bad Company 2 with everything set to high, 16x AA on a resolution of about 6040 x 1080 with no heavy drop in fps. Same with Just Cause 2 on high settings.

After testing it, there's a drop of fps down to an average of 45 on the opening sequence of BF2:Bad Company 2, which isn't bad. Was constant 60 at 1920 x 1080
    you should be getting more than 60fps @ 1080p. was Vsync enabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    you should be getting more than 60fps @ 1080p. was Vsync enabled?

Oh,on 1920 x 1080, for me at least BF2 seems to be capped at 60fps. I get like an average of 120 on 3DMark Vantage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Just taught I would keep this going, not much changed. Decided to upgrade my two main rigs while waiting for the sr3 for my big rig. I upgraded one with 24gb ram, 60gb agility 3 ssd, sabertooth x58 board and a CM 690 II case, (I will be putting an ax850 psu and a watercooling setup in this with 60mm and 47mm thick rads in this, when these bits are in I will be making sure the rig is really tidy and the loop is done properly). The server I just changed the watercooling and added 12gb ram to it, this one I'm using as my esx server so the extra ram helps alot. Sorry about the quality of the pics.
    IMAG0074-Copy.jpg
    IMAG0100.jpg
    IMAG0098.jpg
    IMAG0089.jpg
    IMAG0096.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MMiskella

Apart from possibly getting a next generation GPU and sticking it into the water loop, I think that's me done for a good while. :D

Processor: Intel i5-2500K @ 4.7GHz
    Motherboard: MSI Z68A-GD80-G3
    GPU's: HIS AMD HD6970 CF @ 925 Core
    Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9
    PSU: Corsair Professional Series AX850 Modular
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 700D
    T.I.M.: IC Diamond
    CPU Cooling: OcUK V12 Watercooling kit
    Case/Radiator fans: 6x Akasa AK-FN059 120mm Ultra Quiet Venom Viper and 3x Akasa AK-FN063 140mm Ultra Quiet Viper - All controlled from CPU header on motherboard.
    Monitor: 24 inch Acer 120hz GD245HQ
    Soundcard: Soundblaster Audigy 2 PCI
    Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 5.1
    OS Drive: Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB
    Additional storage drive: Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM

CPU-Z Validator

3Dmark11

imag0098hf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Not bat at all. I doubt you need a push-pull setup with just your CPU though. Odds are convection alone should give you decent enough temps. Having said that, two 6870s doesn't exactly make for a cold case.

I'd post my rig up, but my radiator's still lying on a table at the moment; waiting on another fan to arrive before I attach it to my case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

MMiskella wrote: »
    Apart from possibly getting a next generation GPU and sticking it into the water loop, I think that's me done for a good while. :D

Processor: Intel i5-2500K @ 4.7GHz
    Motherboard: MSI Z68A-GD80-G3
    GPU's: HIS AMD HD6970 CF @ 925 Core
    Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9
    PSU: Corsair Professional Series AX850 Modular
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 700D
    T.I.M.: IC Diamond
    CPU Cooling: OcUK V12 Watercooling kit
    Case/Radiator fans: 6x Akasa AK-FN059 120mm Ultra Quiet Venom Viper and 3x Akasa AK-FN063 140mm Ultra Quiet Viper - All controlled from CPU header on motherboard.
    Monitor: 24 inch Acer 120hz GD245HQ
    Soundcard: Soundblaster Audigy 2 PCI
    Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 5.1
    OS Drive: Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB
    Additional storage drive: Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM

CPU-Z Validator

3Dmark11

imag0098hf.jpg

awsome cable management. Cable management to me means "not touching any componant" ><.

i built this under a month ago, notice all the daisy chaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MMiskella

awsome cable management. Cable management to me means "not touching any componant" ><.

i built this under a month ago, notice all the daisy chaining!

Haha, the beauty of these cases. It's less of a managing job and more of just hiding them at the back of the case. The other side panel is bulging from the cluttering of cables :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

MMiskella wrote: »
    Haha, the beauty of these cases. It's less of a managing job and more of just hiding them at the back of the case. The other side panel is bulging from the cluttering of cables :P

no such thing as cable managment, its cable camouflage :D

I meant to post here a while ago... Right, couple of things:

Everything is a bit ghetto at the moment. PCI slots missing, tubing hap-hazard... I did all this the last day of study week, and I just haven't been bothered to strip the whole thing down yet.
    My phone's camera sucks balls; deal with it.
    Radiator will be mounted to the door once I can find the funds for a few Gentle Typhoons.

Specs are in sig.

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Serephucus wrote: »
    I meant to post here a while ago... Right, couple of things:

Everything is a bit ghetto at the moment. PCI slots missing, tubing hap-hazard... I did all this the last day of study week, and I just haven't been bothered to strip the whole thing down yet.
    My phone's camera sucks balls; deal with it.
    Radiator will be mounted to the door once I can find the funds for a few Gentle Typhoons.

Specs are in sig.

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

What are your temps like with that rad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Y U ALL QUOTE PIX?

ED E wrote: »
    Y U ALL QUOTE PIX?

Y NOT ??

Y U USE CAPS ???

Y U USE PHONE TEXT ???

Y Y Y ???

dwighet wrote: »
    Y NOT ??

Y U USE CAPS ???

Y U USE PHONE TEXT ???

Y Y Y ???

It's generally considered bad form to quote a bunch of pics if you're the post after it; better to just use the text, anything else means nothing but more scrolling. ;)

CPU / GPU idle: 30 / 26
    CPU / GPU load: 53 / 51

I could probably throw another two 580s in the loop and it wouldn't make much difference. If I run it passively, I get:

CPU / GPU idle: 33 / 31
    CPU / GPU load: 61 / 64

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It's generally considered bad form to quote a bunch of pics if you're the post after it; better to just use the text, anything else means nothing but more scrolling. ;)

CPU / GPU idle: 30 / 26
    CPU / GPU load: 53 / 51

I could probably throw another two 580s in the loop and it wouldn't make much difference. If I run it passively, I get:

CPU / GPU idle: 33 / 31
    CPU / GPU load: 61 / 64

Those temps are impressive... what voltage is your cpu at for your 4.2 ghz oc?
    Looking forward to getting my 1080 set up....Few more months away..

I wont do it again...:o

1.33 or something. I'm not too sure to be honest. I haven't been keeping track.

At some point I'm going to try getting HT enabled and stable. So far my CPU doesn't really like doing much else. HT on = BSOD after a few hours of Prime95, 4.4GHz (22x) = same, 4.4 (from BCLK) = same.

By the looks of your wc temps im thinking that with my set up.I5 @ 4.2(1.28v) and 2 x 6970`s in the loop with 4x 180mm fans at 700rpm on the 1080. I should have a very quiet almost inaudible set up....

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MakeNine

Here's mine, freshly arrived from HWVS and assembled:

Corsair 500R Case:

front-1.jpg

Side fan with the massive Noctua cooler:

side.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Built this this evening, not my main pc but I thought I'd share anyway.

902jw6.jpg

Intel i7 2700K
    Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z
    8 GB Corsair Vengeance LP
    Fractal Design Arc Mini
    Seasonic M12II-520
    Corsair A70

I'm only going to keep the A70 until after xmas when I'll be putting in a water loop, Discrete GPU and SSD.

• Advertisement

Very nice indeed. I was having a look at the Arc Mini myself to use as a server case, but it's pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MakeNine

That's some neat cable management!

Very nice indeed. I was having a look at the Arc Mini myself to use as a server case, but it's pricey.

That was the reason why I originally wanted to buy it but the fact it also takes a 240 rad without modding got me thinking I might as well make something to play with.
    iMacs are great but not having a pc to play with is bloody boring.

54kroc wrote: »
    That was the reason why I originally wanted to buy it but the fact it also takes a 240 rad without modding got me thinking I might as well make something to play with.
    iMacs are great but not having a pc to play with is bloody boring.

You got that crazy expensive, uber-overclocking-featured board, to use with a server?!

You got that crazy expensive, uber-overclocking-featured board, to use with a server?!

All I really needed was a server but I also really missed overclocking and having a pc to mess with.
    I don't think it was that expensive a build, by the time I'm finished I'd say it will be the cheapest I've done for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

Stripped the bezels off of the monitors, so the distance between screens is now 18mm. Added a new keyboard-well worth it :)

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

What's that mousepad like? Looked into getting it a while back, but the built-in wrist rest looks like it would get in the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

<3 the FT02 :o

It'll be the case I go for with my next build (whenever Ivy Bridge is available next year).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

What's that mousepad like? Looked into getting it a while back, but the built-in wrist rest looks like it would get in the way.

It's not bad, smaller than my previous one (razer exactmat), and it plastic as opposed to alum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I just taught I would post up my work in progress build that I've just started to put together. I will put another rx360mm rad in the bottom and a 480mm rad in the top. Reason for so much rads is what I will be putting in it next.
    IMG_0825.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0827.jpg

Advertisement