Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Not sure tbh. about 450 mark-though not in a position to change yet, as soon as I am they're going on advrerts.ie, and linked on the selling personal gear thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

glynf wrote: »
    Not sure tbh. about 450 mark-though not in a position to change yet, as soon as I am they're going on advrerts.ie, and linked on the selling personal gear thread here.

ah, well for 450 i might aswell then go 680 myself. worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

Here is the current beast

P1020040.JPG?gl=IE

P1020043.JPG?gl=IE

P1020044.JPG?gl=IE

P1020045.JPG?gl=IE

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What's up with that tiny keyboard? That'd drive me mental.

Noppoo Choc Mini Mechanical Keyboard with red switches:)

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:13825

You get used to it afterwhile its nice and compact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

What's up with that tiny keyboard? That'd drive me mental.

It's a gaming thing. Not having a numpad means you can have your hands closer together which is often a more comfortable posture.

Nice Choc Mini btw.

Brian wrote: »
    It's a gaming thing. Not having a numpad means you can have your hands closer together which is often a more comfortable posture.

Nice Choc Mini btw.

yea i find very comfortable when gaming. I noticed you have one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Griffin87 wrote: »
    Here is the current beast

Nice setup man, whats the little tripod thing?

Thanks

Roccat Apuri

Its a 4 Port powered usb hub with a mouse bungee on the top. Expensive for what it is but i like the way it reduces the drag of the mouse cord and the hubs are handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I realised that I had not posted my current PC in this thread, so I decided to take some pics after cleaning it up a bit.
    199188.jpg199189.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Next hardware upgrade should be a better camera! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

You should tidy them cables as looks really messy and will help with airflow in that case especially with two gpu's. Pic is huge, can you not resize it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Pics are a bit small, can't really make it out! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

..Brian.. wrote: »

I know, right? The nerve of that guy. He really should have thought of those of us running six 2560x1600 monitors.

Monotype wrote: »
    Next hardware upgrade should be a better camera! ;)

Grabbed my phone as I couldn't have been bothered to look for a camera.
    deceit wrote: »
    You should tidy them cables as looks really messy and will help with airflow in that case especially with two gpu's. Pic is huge, can you not resize it?
    ..Brian.. wrote: »
    Serephucus wrote: »
    I know, right? The nerve of that guy. He really should have thought of those of us running six 2560x1600 monitors.

Sorry lads, could've sworn I chose the resized images to upload, I'll do it now. EDIT: Also, the cables were even worse before this clean-up, did the best I could with what I had on me.

That case has plenty of space out the back of it for all that mess? also the cpu power cable just fit it up through the cpu hole at the back if its not long enough to fit out the gromett at the top.

That case has plenty of space out the back of it for all that mess? also the cpu power cable just fit it up through the cpu hole at the back if its not long enough to fit out the gromett at the top.

I tried routing the 8-pin CPU cable out the back, but it was very awkward and I couldn't get it to fit through the hole at the top because of how it was positioned. I'll try again tomorrow though, only did a quick clean today.

I tried routing the 8-pin CPU cable out the back, but it was very awkward and I couldn't get it to fit through the hole at the top because of how it was positioned. I'll try again tomorrow though, only did a quick clean today.

To put it in just loosen the motherboard and lift it a bit and the cable should fit underneath.

To put it in just loosen the motherboard and lift it a bit and the cable should fit underneath.

Oh no, there's space above the motherboard to route the cable through, but it's partially blocked.

Anyway, currently my PC is much quieter than before I rerouted most of the cables, which is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Oh no, there's space above the motherboard to route the cable through, but it's partially blocked.

Anyway, currently my PC is much quieter than before I rerouted most of the cables, which is a good thing.

I have the same case. This is my wiring. It could be a bit better though.

• Advertisement

I have the same case. This is my wiring. It could be a bit better though.

Feeling a bit embarrassed by my wiring now :o

I'd try to get a bottom fan in for positive air pressure to the help keep the dust out as well.

I spent the last few days sleeving every cable in my PC. My first attempt at sleeving PC cables, it was bit boring but enjoyable in a weird way.

It took me a few evenings on and off, TBH I would have done most of it in 1/1.5 days, but f**king reality kept bothering me. :D 'm happy with the outcome, next thing is to get a molex pin crimper & shorten a few cables & tidy a few more of em up.

Again, excuse the crappy phone quality pics:o

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

Really nice rig, very tidy, love how you did the back of the machine.

Cheers deceit. As above, the next thing is to shorten some of the cables & replace the crappy tie wraps with clips.

I love the look of this:

Serious amount of gear squeezed in a FT02:eek: From looking at the likes of your rig & others here, I'd love to try watercooling so the next build will probably be around a TJ07 or TJ11.

I wonder can that 560 rad even cool all them parts properly with an overclock without sounding like a hoover though?
    With two 7970's I would definiately watercool as the noise of both of them on full tilt must be annoying, my one is a pain. Cant wait until I have the rest of the water build.

Yeah, they're noisy at anything over 50/60%. Never tried water cooling but I'm keen to build one. All I'm playing at the min. is skyrim & modded Stalker COP at 5040 x 1050, so they're not running that hard anyway. Will be going to 5760 x 1200 soon, so I'd imagine they'll be running hotter then:)

glynf wrote: »
    Yeah, they're noisy at anything over 50/60%. Never tried water cooling but I'm keen to build one. All I'm playing at the min. is skyrim & modded Stalker COP at 5040 x 1050, so they're not running that hard anyway. Will be going to 5760 x 1200 soon, so I'd imagine they'll be running hotter then:)

Yea for me it was a shock to the system as I was running only three fans in my case at 7volts so was next to silent then the 7970 kicked in, forgot they would be that loud for a minute and taught it was about to break :P

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

As promised to Marco_Polo here's some pics of my main build, completed yesterday

p7rh7l.jpg

3E4xKl.jpg

dxslOl.jpg

ZA3Nul.jpg

NnuGyl.jpg

99LZBl.jpg

J4uHFl.jpg

tlhd6l.jpg

It was a challenging build but I'm very happy with how it turned out, particularly the cable management. Next time I upgrade, it'll be modular PSU all the way! Thanks again for all the tips I received along the way.

• Advertisement

Looks good, love the R3. Your next up grade should be a bigger desk. :D

Advertisement