Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I just taught I would post how my pc area is going to help keep this page alive :). Needed to take two pictures to get the whole desk area in. Cables will be tidied over the weekend.
    IMG_0947-Copy.jpg
    IMG_0948-Copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

and I thought I had too many PCs. what do you do with all that?

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    and I thought I had too many PCs. what do you do with all that?

One is my server with my esx server and vm's on it (utgard one), coolermaster case one is my workstation as I need a decent cpu and a tonne of ram for work stuff as some of my vm's need 16gb ram just get the full features, I use this one for web design and programming also. The big one is for gaming and the laptops are just linux machines for daily use and a bit of programming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

deceit wrote: »
    One is my server with my esx server and vm's on it (utgard one), coolermaster case one is my workstation as I need a decent cpu and a tonne of ram for work stuff as some of my vm's need 16gb ram just get the full features, I use this one for web design and programming also. The big one is for gaming and the laptops are just linux machines for daily use and a bit of programming.

Nice setup deceit, bet the lights dim if you turn that lot on togeather :D
    Noticed that you keep the side monitors at a fairly steep angle (about 50-60 degrees from the face of the centre monitor?) Have never seen them set that steep before..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i like hows there thousands worth of computer harware and the chair is just pure ghetto style. pure nerd! :D

• Advertisement

futurework_chair_485.jpg

Should do nicely..

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Not my main pc, already posted that earlier http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77038540&postcount=899

Just posting what i've done with my old pc thats now just being used as a HTPC, so please don't laugh at the passive graphics :p

Antec 900 case which possibly has the worst default cable management I've ever come across but, hey I didn't know any better when buying as it was my first pc to build at the time. (4 years ago)
    Only recently decided to re cable it and give it a tidy up.

WP_000151.jpg

WP_000146.jpg

Had to drill 3 holes in the back of the case to allow me to route the cables out the back. Then used the insulation off electrical house wiring as grommets to cover the edges of the holes.

Only thing i'm not happy about it is the purple/blue/white striped I/O cable from the front, it's too short to do anything else with it. :(

glynf wrote: »
    Nice setup deceit, bet the lights dim if you turn that lot on togeather :D
    Noticed that you keep the side monitors at a fairly steep angle (about 50-60 degrees from the face of the centre monitor?) Have never seen them set that steep before..

If I have them unplugged for a few hours and plug them all in at once they always trip the power until the capacitors fill :P so have to power up one or two at a time :P
    With the monitors, I tried and the normal angles people use but found it much more immersive if you have them angled like this so you actually sit into the screens nearly. Most people wouldnt put them this way as it wouldnt be as good for things other than games, I dont mind as I would just use other machines if it bothered me.

stevenf17 wrote: »
    Only thing i'm not happy about it is the purple/blue/white striped I/O cable from the front, it's too short to do anything else with it. :(

You could have it going in behind the motherboard so it would be mostly hidden?

i like hows there thousands worth of computer harware and the chair is just pure ghetto style. pure nerd! :D

Hah yea true :). The kit is much more important to finish off than a chair, once its comfortable its fine for me :).
    I still need loads of watercooling parts, another 8gb ram and another hd7970 for my gaming rig and a new motherboard and another 12gb ram for my server as the one I have now doesnt have raid and I have another 4 drives ready to do into it before I worry about stuff like that.

• Advertisement

deceit wrote: »
    You could have it going in behind the motherboard so it would be mostly hidden?

I've tried too, still not long enough!
    Always seemed silly to me that they would make the I/O cable so short but yet leave the audio/usb cables with plenty of lenght!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

iPYvy.jpg?3

Its hard to see because its so dark but looks nice and tidy :). Is that an utgard or a midgard case?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

will try to get better pics later, it's an utgard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Don't use a flash.

stevenf17 wrote: »
    Not my main pc, already posted that earlier http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77038540&postcount=899

Just posting what i've done with my old pc thats now just being used as a HTPC, so please don't laugh at the passive graphics :p

Antec 900 case which possibly has the worst default cable management I've ever come across but, hey I didn't know any better when buying as it was my first pc to build at the time. (4 years ago)
    Only recently decided to re cable it and give it a tidy up.

Had to drill 3 holes in the back of the case to allow me to route the cables out the back. Then used the insulation off electrical house wiring as grommets to cover the edges of the holes.

Nice usage of twin & earth outer sheath & a 25mm hole saw:D

edit: If the front IO is just the power & reset, you could cut and splice a piece of cable in & solder, then sleeve/heat shrink/black tape the whole thing & route round the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

20aauj5.jpg
    2lmaouc.jpg

glynf wrote: »
    Nice usage of twin & earth outer sheath & a 25mm hole saw:D

edit: If the front IO is just the power & reset, you could cut and splice a piece of cable in & solder, then sleeve/heat shrink/black tape the whole thing & route round the back.

Cheers glynf, i'll look into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Opened the case to add more fans yesterday. USB3 header hitting 70°C during Diablo 3 and Sniper Elite V2 demos.

Thought I'd throw up a few pics.

Should really take out those unused HDD trays...

mZ3B.jpeg

mZ3o.jpeg

mZ3d.jpeg

• Asus p67 Sabretooth.
    • 2500k with a Noctua NH-U12P on top.
    • Inno3D GTX570
    • 8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1333
    • Corsair 90GB SSD
    • 250 & 750 HDD
    • 3x Noctua NF-S12B case fans.
    • 2x Fractal case Fans
    • 1x Fractal 50mm Assist Fan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Can't see pictures. :(

• Advertisement

Serephucus wrote: »
    Can't see pictures. :(

Nothing that impressive anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Impressive in another way (I think ;-)

IMG_20120423_185147.jpg

860 core i7,
    8Gb of ram,
    Nvidia Quatro 440,
    Intel x25 SSD,
    Butchered CIT PSU,
    One Noctua Fan at 6.2 dB(A)

As good as silent (breathing is 10 db(A)) yet still core i7, running 18 months no problems yet ;-)

Runs 3 Full HD 21" Samsungs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I is impress.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

awesome.

Is the fan pulling or pushing air through the heatsink?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I think it does both, the noctua one I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I think it does both, the noctua one I believe.

Gotta get me some of these magic fans, so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Gotta get me some of these magic fans, so.

I'm probably wrong about those ones being the push/pull ones, not all Noctua ones are.
    But I watched this video a few weeks back and got confused, either way. These ones are the push/pull ones if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I'm probably wrong about those ones being the push/pull ones, not all Noctua ones are.
    But I watched this video a few weeks back and got confused, either way. These ones are the push/pull ones if you are interested.

A single fan can only be either push or pull, not both, it depends on which way the fan is turned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Fan pushes thru the cooler, I leave the side off to aid cooling although it looks awful ;-)

Advertisement