Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

2l8hoom.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Hey, Spix is that the Gainward Geforce gtx 670 non Phantom GPU? How does it run?

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Hey, Spix is that the Gainward Geforce gtx 670 non Phantom GPU? How does it run?

Yep it is. Performs great but the fan has a strange buzz to it. Doesn't bother me but alot of people have sent them back because of it. As far as I know it affects all of the gainward non phantom 670's and possibly the other reference cards as well.

spix wrote: »
    Yep it is. Performs great but the fan has a strange buzz to it. Doesn't bother me but alot of people have sent them back because of it. As far as I know it affects all of the gainward non phantom 670's and possibly the other reference cards as well.

I heard people going on and on about the noise as if its deafening. I presume it's not all that bad. Cheers for the reply.

Sarz91 wrote: »
    I heard people going on and on about the noise as if its deafening. I presume it's not all that bad. Cheers for the reply.

It's not that its loud, its just strange. I've never heard a graphics card sound like this before. It's probably got to do with how the fan is mounted at the end of the card, it's sort of a growling/grinding noise if that makes any sense. You buying one? :)

• Advertisement

spix wrote: »
    It's not that its loud, its just strange. I've never heard a graphics card sound like this before. It's probably got to do with how the fan is mounted at the end of the card, it's sort of a growling/grinding noise if that makes any sense. You buying one? :)

Ye just ordered one, so was just wondering what they were like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

messywires.jpg
    ratsnest.jpg
    sidemess.jpg
    My first build so the wires are very messy. I couldn't fit the 200mm fan in the roof so I mounted it infront of the completely empty 5.25" bays (no dvd drive!)
    I don't know what to do with all the wires under the desk but you can really only see them if you're taking a picture from a weird angle :P

last time i posted in here I got attacked about the powerpc, it's empty, and I use it as a footrest and to keep the table steady ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Very nice frozen, I like the look of that chair! What is it / where did you get it from etc? :D

Also, looking at these pics just makes me realise how bad I need to tidy the cables on the inside of my PC...

Saadyst wrote: »
    Very nice frozen, I like the look of that chair! What is it / where did you get it from etc? :D

Thank you :D. I don't know the name of it but I got it from Viking Direct about 6 years ago and it's still working. Lost most of it's springy-ness now, though, and the back never tilted properly so it's a bit uncomfortable after about 16 hours (:pac::pac:) it was about 70 quid at the time too so it wasn't too bad at all considering how long it has lasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Thank you :D. I don't know the name of it but I got it from Viking Direct about 6 years ago and it's still working. Lost most of it's springy-ness now, though, and the back never tilted properly so it's a bit uncomfortable after about 16 hours (:pac::pac:) it was about 70 quid at the time too so it wasn't too bad at all considering how long it has lasted!

Aha!

http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/pb/Berlin-Executive-Office-Chair/pr=QD7&id=3264057/

Not too shabby :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

frozen, is that a carbide 500R case you've got there?

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    frozen, is that a carbide 500R case you've got there?

It's a white, windowed shinobi XL. It's like a 500R, except this is HUGE. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Nice setup and great build frozen, That x79 motheroard looks lost in that case. :) Whites starting to grow on me. That's one serious Copier/printer you have there btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

There is some rotten fruit sitting on your desk, you should probably throw it out before it starts to stink :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    There is some rotten fruit sitting on your desk, you should probably throw it out before it starts to stink :)

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

:pac:
    Fluffy88 wrote: »

ha ha, i was actually scouring the pics for the "actual" rotten fruit untill i realised he he... slow or what :pac:

I didn't get that for a minute too but then I did :'{

ha ha thanks everyone ELSE though! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

All these pictures of pc parts in their shiney new boxes make me want to upgrade again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I'm not sure whether to just go ahead and buy the black one or wait for the white one. I like the white one more but I don't know how long more it will be.

I'm starting my next build soon, looking at getting the Storm Strooper, when is the white one out?

It looks sweet! And it comes with a side window as standard .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

seanbmc wrote: »
    I'm starting my next build soon, looking at getting the Storm Strooper, when is the white one out?

It looks sweet! And it comes with a side window as standard .
    It's out:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-294-CM&groupid=701&catid=7&subcat=2231

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Here is my build:
    IMG_20120713_175513.jpg
    IMG_20120715_122401.jpg
    No Graphics card but when funds permit its coming!
    IMG_20120715_122517.jpg
    Had to tie wrap all the unused cables down. Next time I'll go modular.
    IMG_20120715_122609.jpg

Specs:
    Item|Price
    Intel Core i5-3570K (Got Intel Discount from mate) | €134.42
    BitFenix Shinobi Midi-Tower USB 3.0 black, ohne Netzteil|€54.03
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€40.99
    ASRock Z77 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€89.23
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€36.53
    LG GH24NS bare schwarz|€16.49
    Logilink Aluline externes USB 3.0 Gehäuse 2,5" S-ATA|€7.77
    Thermalright HR-02 Macho|€34.89
    Samsung SSD 830 128GB SATA 6GB's NB Upgrade Kit|€99.90
    Enermax T.B.Silence PWM 12cm|€7.99
    Dead on Arrival:
    LogiLink Wireless LAN 300 Mbps PCI Karte 802.11n 2T2R|€14.36
    Shipping|€18.99
    Final Cost to me:|€555.59

Few notes after the build:
    1. The Shinobi is a great case.
    Pros:
    Great cable managment
    Looks fantastic

Cons:
    The doors are real hard to get on properly
    The cable on the fan that comes with the case is a bit short if you want to neatly tie it up
    I think to finish the Shinobi off you need this: Dvd stealth cover

2. The Super Flower is great for the price, comes with nice cable sleaves that look good.
    3. The G.Skill ram is actually black not green like its shown in Hardwareversand, it looks really good.
    4. The Macho is massive and heavy. It also cant stay up on its own, it just falls over. I didn't realize this, tried to catch it as it fell, cut the sh!t out of my finger and got dead skin in between the fins. The Shinobi comes with loads of thumb screws but that was useless to me cause my thumb was MIA. The Macho is so big that when you put it down on the processor it slides around. If you want to do it right its a two man job. You also need a really long screwdriver to go down through it.
    5. Holy crap it boots fast.
    6. If you have never built a custom PC before don't underestimate how HUGE the cases are.
    7. Because the Wireless card was DOA I have to use a Linksys router as a wireless bridge. I also don't know if my PCI slots are dead or if its the card. Its pretty disheartening. I wouldn't recommend the wireless card cause the website doesn't even have the latest drivers for the card.

Can anyone spot any errors? I wish I had a better way to route the cable for the rear case fan, I wonder could I plug it into CPU fan 2 header since it essentially is that cause its so close?

Finally thanks to everyone here for their help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Nice pics and review! What video card is going in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Nice pics and review! What video card is going in it?

I run it at 1080p. No interest in a 27" monitor that's a bit big for my liking. So either a 6870 or 7850.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Woah, nice build :D You certainly did a better job than me at the cable management :P

Go for the 7850 by the way :D

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/540?vs=549

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Nice build. Tiny Tom Logan has this tip of laying the case down on the side when putting on the doors. It's the way I do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

It's 8 months late, but better late than never :D. Specs in sig :)

WARNING: Terrible photography below. Proceed at own risk.:pac:

LEDs are turned off, will be replacing stock fans with some Scythe GTs.

LDYSY.jpg

jyNSq.jpg

j2WpF.jpg

wcJR9.jpg

Great cable management opportunities, the grommets are well built :)

EZ7jX.jpg

FSzuH.jpg

Motherboard shot didn't turn out well...

DveOS.jpg

That's all folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Nice. Your 500R appears to be the wrong colour though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Nice. Your 500R appears to be the wrong colour though :pac:

400R ;). Only comes in black, even if it did come in white I wouldn't get it. Too hard to keep clean!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

hellboy99 wrote: »
    just to point out, the storm stryker is €15 cheaper on HWVS even after shipping. and that's before you add the shipping from overclockers.

€149.99

Advertisement