Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Eboggles wrote: »
    400R ;). Only comes in black, even if it did come in white I wouldn't get it. Too hard to keep clean!

Oh. Damn the slight differences! Anyway, white rocks. It won't go with my black monitor/mouse/keyboard/television/laptop/other mouse, but still, due a change :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    just to point out, the storm stryker is €15 cheaper on HWVS even after shipping. and that's before you add the shipping from overclockers.

€149.99

Yeah I've added it to my basket on HWVS, just need to wait for the money now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Eboggles wrote: »
    It's 8 months late, but better late than never :D. Specs in sig :)
    Nice build there, what's the Freezer13 CPU cooler like, is it quiet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Nice build there, what's the Freezer13 CPU cooler like, is it quiet?

Not as quiet as I had hoped, going to be swapping it out soon for an enclosed water cooling setup, something along the lines of a H100/ Antec 920.

Although, the actual computer is quite close to me so I pick up a lot of the noise. The large fan grills mean that most noise escapes so can be quite annoying. The case is on the floor at the moment so all the noise comes from the top vents, which is why I'm leaning towards the 240mm radiator of the H100, as it'd block those holes and be quiet as I have two GTs to attach.

When the system is idle, the CPU fan sticks out. When I'm gaming, it's the graphics card that makes the most noise, but I can't really hear it over the speakers.

So in conclusion, if you have a relatively quiet case, it should be relatively quiet :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

spix wrote: »
    Is that a Cosmso 1000? Looks a bit like mine, but I wouldn't be able to fit the side on if I did the cable management like yours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Here's my ghettotastic setup.

Please note the clever use of cloth tape and empty cat food cans as risers for my coffee table!

213442.JPG

Desk by Ikea
    Electrical safety by a Baboon
    Yes that is Keeley Hazell thanks for asking :P

213443.JPG

My other monitor, KB and mouse.

213445.JPG

PC CM Stacker 810 - a case that need a crane to move. Thankfully it has wheels!

213444.JPG

Not a great view of my Z77 Sabertooths sexyness but at least you get to see my awsome cable management.

Holy megapixels Batman - Editing in progress!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

those better be samsung 30nm ram or you lose a point for uncool looking PCB :pac:

They're some I bought off a guy on adverts for €35 for 16GB thinking "ah well it doesn't matter what speed it is". I've had them running at 2133 but now I keep them at a nice sedate 1866 on stock voltage lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Kept meaning to upload some pics of my PC after the advice folks here gave:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=213867&d=1342726724

attachment.php?attachmentid=213869&d=1342726830

attachment.php?attachmentid=213870&d=1342726902

attachment.php?attachmentid=213871&d=1342726951

attachment.php?attachmentid=213872&d=1342726985

All-in-all I'm quite happy with it for my first build.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I just taught I would post one of my computers that has had the most changes to it recently. I now have it pretty much how I want it bar fitting two more 120mm fans on the bottom rad and changing the fittings and tubing to compression fittings and thinner tubing for a better look to it.
    20120720_222735.jpg
    Also I've made one change to my little devil computer which i'm pretty happy how it turned out. I had to file back the edges to get it to fit in but looks really well now I think.
    20120716_011658.jpg

• Advertisement

what dual GPU is that in the first pic? what's the rest of the spec?

do you have 2x 240mm rads there?

what dual GPU is that in the first pic? what's the rest of the spec?

do you have 2x 240mm rads there?

In the first computer is a:
    i7 950 @ 4.5ghz
    24gb ram
    sabertooth board
    hd5970 @ stock
    280mm rad in top and 240 in the bottom.
    I was worried it may not give enough cooling but it keeps the cpu under 80 max load and gpu under 65 max load so its fine :)
    I was going to get a 6990 for it but with how much hotter this runs I dont think I would have got away with just these two rads. I'm going to replace the bottom rad with a 60mm rad in the near future if I decide to upgrade any other parts.
    The other computer has no worries about cooling as it has a 480mm*60mm rad and 2 360mm*60mm rads

I thanked your post, but in truth its depressing. I'm hoping to cool my PC soon on a similar setup :(

2500K @ 4.8Ghz
    6990 @ 880

with a 240*30mm thick and 240*60mm thick with some gentle typhoons in push at low speed.

might have to get a 120 rad in there too.

not much else will fit into a storm stryker without heavy modding :(

I thanked your post, but in truth its depressing. I'm hoping to cool my PC soon on a similar setup :(

2500K @ 4.8Ghz
    6990 @ 880

with a 240*30mm thick and 240*60mm thick with some gentle typhoons in push at low speed.

might have to get a 120 rad in there too.

not much else will fit into a storm stryker without heavy modding :(

With the extra thickness of the rad and the much cooler cpu you would easily cool the two of them with the two rads if that helps.

thanks. I figured it'd be cooler but it also has a much lower tolerance of high temps. highest I'd let it go is 75C

thanks. I figured it'd be cooler but it also has a much lower tolerance of high temps. highest I'd let it go is 75C

You should have no problems keeping it at a lower temp than any aircooled option at the same clocks with both rads and typhoons even with a 6990 on the loop once you make sure you have a decent pump to keep the water flowing as extra block will cause more restriction.
    I only ever use laing pumps for more than one block.

Think of it like the 60mm thick rad for the cpu only would be better than the best air coolers like the d14/h100 easily(i class this as an air cooler).
    Gpu's drop in temps alot easier with water flowing accross them than cpu's do so a 30mm thick rad would easily cool an overclocked 6990 and keep it below air temps.
    Think of how easily mine is cooling my setup and one rad is doing very little as the heat is not being removed from it without fans.

didn't realise your bottom rad was passive.

pump shouldn't be a problem, I've bought a laing D5T 'strong' on eBay a while ago.

actually, where would I find replacement O rings? I'm ordering stuff from swift tech but can't find any on the site.

didn't realise your bottom rad was passive.

pump shouldn't be a problem, I've bought a laing D5T 'strong' on eBay a while ago.

actually, where would I find replacement O rings? I'm ordering stuff from swift tech but can't find any on the site.
    Yea its passive for the moment until I can pick up another two of them xigmatek 120mm orange fans.
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/225-piece-o-ring-assortment-476560

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

deceit wrote: »
    Yea its passive for the moment until I can pick up another two of them xigmatek 120mm orange fans.
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/225-piece-o-ring-assortment-476560

Im ordering from HWVS this weds...If you want to piggy back my order for your fans I will post them(if they do them) to you when they land...

Might work out cheaper for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

So I took better pictures of my rig as a result of a link someone put up on How to photograph your rig. I used the crappiest point and shoot but I'm happy with the results.

Daytime shot:
    100_3186small.jpg

Moody dark night shot:
    100_3269small.jpg

Night shot using computer moniotor on full brightness like the above link recommends. I'm happy with this one :)
    100_3278small.jpg

Its funny how close the macho is to the case exhaust fan. Its almost like CPU fan no 2 instead of a case fan.

• Advertisement

dwighet wrote: »
    Im ordering from HWVS this weds...If you want to piggy back my order for your fans I will post them(if they do them) to you when they land...

Might work out cheaper for ya

Thanks for the offer, they are really cheap on there but I would have no money in my paypal account to pay you until friday so couldnt get them unfortuneately :(.

deceit wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer, they are really cheap on there but I would have no money in my paypal account to pay you until friday so couldnt get them unfortuneately :(.

Dont worry about that mate...
    I`ll fix it up and you sort me out when your flush..
    Just link me the fans you need(hwvs) and I will sort it..
    Will send you a pm...

I need a 7950... :D

I need a 7950... :D

no worries....I will pm you my paypal account and you put in the funds and i will order it tomorrow:cool:

I'm only kidding but thanks for the offer!

I'm only kidding but thanks for the offer!

Thought you were..:cool:

dwighet wrote: »
    Dont worry about that mate...
    I`ll fix it up and you sort me out when your flush..
    Just link me the fans you need(hwvs) and I will sort it..
    Will send you a pm...

Thanks for the very generous offer but they have now gone out of stock on the site in the last hour :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Sup08

Specs:
    Asus P8Z68v/gen 3 motherboards
    Intel i7 3770K ivy bridge
    16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 .
    GTX 550 TI
    Zalman Z11 plus case
    iHas 129 19b dvd drive
    Corsair h60 Cooler
    OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD
    1Tb HDD Sata II
    2Tb HDD Sata II
    Card reader.
    Thermaltake smart 750w psu

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

So I took better pictures of my rig as a result of a link someone put up on How to photograph your rig.

Huge thanks for the link dude... inspired me to take a few glamour shots of my own!
    Lil bit dusty since I haven't cleaned it in 6 months, but I still think they turned out well!

036_small.jpg
    Full Res

076_small.jpg
    Full Res

093_small.jpg
    Full Res
    Camera was a Canon s100 and I used my catleap as a light

Un-glamour shots for comparison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

stevenf17 wrote: »
    Huge thanks for the link dude... inspired me to take a few glamour shots of my own!
    Lil bit dusty since I haven't cleaned it in 6 months, but I still think they turned out well!

Wow, just wow. Very nice indeed. I should get into photography :)

Advertisement