Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Neilos wrote: »
    What's the pic in the background? It looks interesting.

Me, Keeley Hazell and a load of GAME managers dressed up like 40's US paratroopers and put though a days 'Band of Brothers' type training to promote MOH: Airborne - the most amazing bit of publicity work EA have ever done - shame it was for such a crap game. I'm not kidding when I say they flew in that C-47 and brought in all the 40's vehicles, plus a load of guys that do reenactments of D-day.

The most amazing experience I've ever had outside of actual military exercises - better than some of them in fact! They even made a little documentary!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

meh, would be better if Keely had the 'twins' out in that pic :D

Amen to that - interestingly (or not) there is another girl in that pic - good luck finding 'her' LOL (in the foreground I mean)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Just ordered my storm stryker. looking forward to putting all my bits into it. Ordered from HWVS, how long does it normally take to get here? if anyone knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭N64

Thor wrote: »
    Just ordered my storm stryker. looking forward to putting all my bits into it. Ordered from HWVS, how long does it normally take to get here? if anyone knows.

Roughly four working days with UPS

• Advertisement

Spoil sports!

Sorry I was being a d*ck - it was tongue in cheek though... maybe I shouldn't put those together.

N64 wrote: »
    Roughly four working days with UPS

Cheers for that man, I apprecaite it.

Can't wait for next week now. Fun times ahead. Will upload pics when done. Should hopefully look nice in the end.

Wife went to Galway for the races so I went on adverts.ie :D

215662.JPG

215663.JPG

215664.jpg

215665.JPG

215666.JPG

Bit of cable management left to do inside and out. Before Shots

Neat, tidy and Clean. The way any good computer build should be.

Nice work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Wife went to Galway for the races so I went on adverts.ie :D

Very nice rig. Have you seen the full perspex doors for the 600t? I considered getting one until I saw the price!

• Advertisement

Oh yes :) $125!! I need a side panel - I got the case for €85 but its missing some bits - the side window being the only bit I really care about. I took out the drive cages for airflow.

How do I link back to a specific post - I'd like to put up a before link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Those little rubber slots that allow you to thread cables around the back of the case, out of sight, look well handy.

My computer is a big smelly mess of cables. I'm vomiting with envy here. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Oh yes :) $125!! I need a side panel - I got the case for €85 but its missing some bits - the side window being the only bit I really care about. I took out the drive cages for airflow.

The quote I got was nearer $200 because they are only made to order. I just couldn't justify the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Tasty job GCD, that sabertooth looks the business in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Bose headphones? :|

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Brian wrote: »
    Bose headphones and a Dell mouse? :|

He's got his priorities right :)

ED E wrote: »
    He's got his priorities right :)

Excuse me! Thats a Logitech G9x I'll have you know. And its properly weighted with the right cover on for my hand size! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

My mouse cost €5 my headphones, €40 :)
    I know 40 isn't enough but relatively the price fits :P

My headphones(well, one set) are €280 iirc :p

Got paid today too, so there's a temptation to splash out on HJD25s now that I'm on the topic of audio :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

My headphones(well, one set) are €280 iirc :p

Got paid today too, so there's a temptation to splash out on HJD25s now that I'm on the topic of audio :S

is the HJD a misspelling, or is it some alternative version of the HD25s, like the HMD25 is the one with the mic on it?

If it's just a misspelling, I thoroughly recommend the HD25s, although they can be a little bit too tight at times

• Advertisement

is the HJD a misspelling, or is it some alternative version of the HD25s, like the HMD25 is the one with the mic on it?

If it's just a misspelling, I thoroughly recommend the HD25s, although they can be a little bit too tight at times

Yeah, typo.

I'm on my second pair of 205s which are great for cans to be bashed about and rained on etc. Still have the original pair to fit a coiled cable to at a later date. They're basically 25's on the cheap. I've used 25s a few times, <3 . Also the Vmoda's....

lp_secondary_phantom_wbg_web__44575_zoom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

These 205s?
    That's the set I have, they are pretty class. I'm by no means an audiophile but these are great. Don't look as good as those you just posted unfortunately :)

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    These 205s?
    That's the set I have, they are pretty class. I'm by no means an audiophile but these are great. Don't look as good as those you just posted unfortunately :)

Yup. They're the best sound in that price bracket by a long way. Every time my earphones break its back to them :)

They're the best sound in that price bracket by a long way.

lolwut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

lolwut

Care to enlighten us on superior options, O Brian, expert on Headphones & Portable Audio Devices?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

challenging a moderator i see, i see this ending well =P
    JK

If I see one more post where the PC case cost more than the headphones ... sitebans for everyone! :D

I need the Bose ones to cancel out the noise from the wife. Who incidentally purchased them for me in a rare fit of niceness!

• Advertisement

lolwut

First off, I was talking retail prices(for low end stuff most people wont bother with online). Secondly, compare like for like, we're talking over ear "block out the world" cans here. Obv open > closed but for use around and about open is useless to you.

I'll give you the creatives, but I've never seen them in person anywhere(not that I'd be looking THAT often). I've never been a fan of panasonic, but I suppose giving you're modship and that you're recommending them they must be decent.

Advertisement