Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

very-nice-jpg.28137

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I've finally started on the watercooling upgrade on my main pc and working a bit on my little rig too which will be haswell based. I have stuff still on order too 4 red led bitfenix fans, more bits power fittings, xspc motherboard waterblock (xspc 7970 blocks still not in stock :(:( ) and 10 compression fittings for the little rig :)
    20130615_132358_zps94efd03a.jpg

You can see from the pic below that I am going to link the two rads together with 4 90deg fittings :)

20130615_132405_zpsd153adfe.jpg

The second pump
    20130615_132416_zps628fb566.jpg

Fittings I havent put in yet :)

20130615_132420_zps72ef1223.jpg

Finally invested in a mechanical keyboard. This really improves typing speed :)
    20130615_132425_zps7ea73b74.jpg

Old rad that I've no idea what to do with yet as in the first pic it was replaced with one with a port on the end of it :)
    20130615_134529_zpsde691e7a.jpg

This is the prodigy so far :) It now has 2 * 250gb samsung 840 ssds and a 7200 rpm 500gb hd along with two rads for decent quiet watercooling :).
    Its a little messy as I havent bothered with cutting cables to size, braiding or tidying them until I get closer to finishing it.
    The fans on the top rad will be replaced.

20130615_135532_zpsf188fc15.jpg

20130615_135535_zpsdd0f3d30.jpg

20130615_135551_zps0b2bb3e1.jpg

20130615_135623_zpsa22ab097.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

deceit wrote: »
    Snip

So much bitspower p0rn. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Burgo wrote: »
    Bit of a change since last time,
    gone from haf912 to an ft03

specs:
    Silverstone ft03
    asus maximus v gene
    intel i5 2500k
    16 gb gskill ripjaws x
    gtx 670 windforce
    xonar essence stx
    3 x 2tb samsung
    256gb samsung 830
    corsair ax760

behringer ms40
    beyerdynamic dt 770 pro
    das keyboard
    logitech g400
    corsair vengance 200
    benq xl2411t
    dell 2312hm

Very clean setup. I love that case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Will post up better pics another time, the H110 I ordered doesn't fit the 800d case (amateur mistake, but I did look it up but didn't double check, so had to order a h100i. Barely used H110i for sale to anyone that will give me 50 euro :) ).

Tri SLI scales much better than I though, give about 30% more FPS in most games and benchmarks. By god those cards can push out some heat, had to mod the case to get a fan pushing some air directly at the cards......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Amazing rig fitzgeme. Would you consider watercooling the 680's?

Defo, never watercooled before so am a little nervous, but I am sure I will pluck up the courage soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Will post up better pics another time, the H110 I ordered doesn't fit the 800d case (amateur mistake, but I did look it up but didn't double check, so had to order a h100i. Barely used H110i for sale to anyone that will give me 50 euro :) ).

Tri SLI scales much better than I though, give about 30% more FPS in most games and benchmarks. By god those cards can push out some heat, had to mod the case to get a fan pushing some air directly at the cards......

Get the f***k out of here. :D

Sweet PC man.

Sweet looking rig, its a real shame not to overclock and watercool it though :)

• Advertisement

Also what cpu are you using?

i7 3930k @ 4.6ghz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Hmmm... That sounds tempting... I am on the cusp of ordering a Dark Rock Pro 2 at the end of the month... But a h100i at a few quid less is tempting... Hmmm... Veeery interested

i7 3930k @ 4.6ghz.
    I'm wanting one of these cpu's but with there replacements dues out soon I cant justify paying full price for one. I will hopefully pick one up second hand at a decent price though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Gumbi wrote: »
    Hmmm... That sounds tempting... I am on the cusp of ordering a Dark Rock Pro 2 at the end of the month... But a h100i at a few quid less is tempting... Hmmm... Veeery interested

He's selling a h110i not a h100i, you will need space for a 280mm rad. I would be making an offer for it right now if I had a the mounting space for it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

how are your temps with the gpus that close?

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

I'd like to post my pc... But my petty PC doesn't match up to the watercooling intel and nvidia master race :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

simon360 wrote: »
    I'd like to post my pc... But my petty PC doesn't match up to the watercooling intel and nvidia master race :(

BS. You are as welcome to post yours here as anyone else, as long as its not a mac..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

simon360 wrote: »

I demand to see pictures now !!!

I demand to see pictures now !!!

haha give me a until tomorrow and I'll put some not so interesting pictures up of my pc :pac:

• Advertisement

Here is 1st picture, I will add them in this post. I just took this picture now to show off the LED's :D
    Zalman Z7 Case
    OCZ fully modular PSU 600W
    Amd Phenom X4 965 BE @ 3.8Ghz OC
    Seagate barracuda 500gb 7200rpm Sata 6 Gbps (Games)
    Intel 520 series SSD 60GB (Windows 7)
    Sapphire HD 4890 Vapour-X 2GB edition (Kinda Old but runs well!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Gah! No watercooling or anything. Get out ya plebeian, get out! :P

Serephucus wrote: »
    Gah! No watercooling or anything. Get out ya plebeian, get out! :P
    In fairness you cant jest :D. You've been all talk lately and not helping keep this thread going with your own pics :P.
    Wheres your latest work in progress stuff ;). I taught you where working on new small rig.
    We should kick you out until you show a sneak preview :D:D;)

deceit wrote: »
    In fairness you cant jest :D. You've been all talk lately and not helping keep this thread going with your own pics :P.
    Wheres your latest work in progress stuff ;). I taught you where working on new small rig.
    We should kick you out until you show a sneak preview :D:D;)

Point taken, sir. Funds have been all over the place so I haven't been able to start things as quick as I would like (and by the way, the SFF build was always planned as a Summer thing) but I might be able to get something up around July.

I've also been debating putting money into a (sort of needed at this point) server expansion instead.

Serephucus wrote: »
    Point taken, sir. Funds have been all over the place so I haven't been able to start things as quick as I would like (and by the way, the SFF build was always planned as a Summer thing) but I might be able to get something up around July.

I've also been debating putting money into a (sort of needed at this point) server expansion instead.
    Yea I had to put money into my servers the last few months as a few where a bit long the tooth. I upgraded my dell 2950's with more ram and have 2tb drives to go in them when I stop being lazy and climb into the attic to fit them and I finished my main server enough that i'm happy with it now as covers what I need out of it :). On overclock3d they are selling 5520 cpu's pretty cheap if you are going to build a server btw. Was tempted to get two for a dual cpu server but I think my overclocked 970 gives similar performance to the two so its a waste for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,181 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What would use your servers for lads? Virtualisation? I'm intrigued to know what the average Joe would mostly use servers for?

Nah, not CPUs, I just need more storage. I'm thinking on moving to a RAID6 array, so I'll need another three 3TB drives to get that off the ground.

The main thing that's killing funds is my need of a laptop for college. I'll be out ~€1,200 for that, which was pretty much the money I had set aside for desktop/server upgrades. I have a bit spare, but that's basically rainy day stuff.

Edit: I basically use mine as a NAS box, plus a few other bits. It backs up my machine, the family's desktop, my girlfriend's laptop, and will be backing up my college laptop. It will also serve media to a Pi for my parent's TV (when it arrives), and it runs a few Minecraft servers as well as an FTP.

Headshot wrote: »
    What would use your servers for lads? Virtualisation? I'm intrigued to know what the average Joe would mostly use servers for?
    This is what I have on one of my servers. I blanked out the other servers and removed part of the ip of this one. They are also all legit licenses which I paid for :)
    Servers_zps5fd453ce.png

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Why would you blank out a local ip?

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Why would you blank out a local ip?

I have my watchguard firewall down for the weekend after a botched upgrade :( but net is up and on this server is encrypted keys and licenses from my job that are worth quite a bit of money so I will take every precaution to be careful until the firewall is up. I don't want it being even easier to access my esxi servers.
    Part of my job is to find ways past firewalls so maybe its a little bit of paranoia too.

Advertisement