Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Lovely builds gents

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Sorted the PSU and the CPU cooler today, thanks for pointing it out to me Bloodbath:o
    While I had it opened I moved one of the 140mm front case fans to the side panel and I'll stick the 120mm that the wonderful Gumbi is sending me in the front to replace it

[IMG][/img]IMG_22011.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_22001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Lookin' good! :) I'd love to see how that 7950 OCs. Eboggles had his one at 1215 mhz on air which is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What they hell are beQuiet doing with those coloured power connectors, makes an awesome build look like a toy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Thankfully they don't have them on their flagship line (Dark Power, I think) but for some stupid reason they have them on everything else.

• Advertisement

Artificial way to bump up the value of the Dark Power ones maybe.

ED E wrote: »
    What they hell are beQuiet doing with those coloured power connectors, makes an awesome build look like a toy.

Yeah a bit cheap looking alright, a nice black build sort off ruined my the rainbow in the end if the case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Once the side panel is on you'll never see them again. I bet they made it easier for conecting up the cables though didn't they? ;)

You could wrap some black electrical tape around them or heatshrink

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

spix wrote: »
    Once the side panel is on you'll never see them again. I bet they made it easier for conecting up the cables though didn't they? ;)

You could wrap some black electrical tape around them or heatshrink

Even a decent quality permanent marker would do the trick aswell .

Even a decent quality permanent marker would do the trick aswell .

That's a plan. Used it when I had to change the psu the black paint had scuffed from the marks of the screws

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

AKtdpBY.jpg

Little modding change to mine, GTX480 using Kühler H2O 620, rads been moved due to heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

More Bits and peaces arrived for both my rigs today :). Will have to get started on fitting them :)
    For the prodigy rig some fittings :)
    20130621_182110_zps9bac0d67.jpg

For the Little Devil Rig a big more :)
    20130621_182020_zps50e2e069.jpg

20130621_181950_zps448d6f81.jpg

20130621_181933_zps5c4a398a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Deceit i officially hate you now :P

Stop showing me the bitspower p0rn as i'm in need of a few bits and pieces to redo my loop but not working atm :(

Have fun with the builds :D

game4it70 wrote: »
    Deceit i officially hate you now :P

Stop showing me the bitspower p0rn as i'm in need of a few bits and pieces to redo my loop but not working atm :(

Have fun with the builds :D
    I will have to hide the next order then, that will be as soon as the gpu blocks are in stock :P. Will pick up crystal link bits and more fittings then :P
    I'm going to make a temp loop with it all tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

deceit wrote: »
    I will have to hide the next order then, that will be as soon as the gpu blocks are in stock :P. Will pick up crystal link bits and more fittings then :P
    I'm going to make a temp loop with it all tomorrow.

I'm gonna wait outside your house and sign for the delivery :D

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

A few weeks ago I added a 3rd GTX Titan card to my setup. Replaced the on-loan Asrock Extreme 9 MOBO with an Asus Rampage IV Exteme. Out went the old Noctua DH-14 air cooler and replaced temporarily with a Corsair H100i.
    The full custom water loop project is on hold on the moment as I'm waiting on various parts to come in and also gonna go for the Corsair 900D.
    I'm surprised at the scaling with the addition of the 3rd GPU. With 3 screens of 2560 by 1600 to drive, the 3 Titans really come into their own here.

A few grainy pics taken with the phone in a dimly lit room.

20130621_220907_zpsde729f48.jpg

20130621_221324_zps833a9e14.jpg

20130621_225225_zpsf8eefe96.jpg

20130331_134906_zpse3d4f5a6.jpg

viperirl wrote: »
    A few weeks ago I added a 3rd GTX Titan card to my setup. Replaced the on-loan Asrock Extreme 9 MOBO with an Asus Rampage IV Exteme. Out went the old Noctua DH-14 air cooler and replaced temporarily with a Corsair H100i.
    The full custom water loop project is on hold on the moment as I'm waiting on various parts to come in and also gonna go for the Corsair 900D.
    I'm surprised at the scaling with the addition of the 3rd GPU. With 3 screens of 2560 by 1600 to drive, the 3 Titans really come into their own here.

I'd say they get pretty hot in an 800D being that close together? How do you manage to keep them cool like that?

deceit wrote: »
    I'd say they get pretty hot in an 800D being that close together? How do you manage to keep them cool like that?

I havent really noticed any difference whether I have 1, 2 or 3 cards in the system to be honest. They top out at around 80c and the clock speeds dont vary between them much at all. The fans in them pull air in from the ends of the cards and there is plenty of space there.

Jesus F Christ. Viper and Glynf are colluding to make the rest of us cry at our pitiful rigs.

Time to enter the euromillions lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

ED E wrote: »
    Jesus F Christ. Viper and Glynf are colluding to make the rest of us cry at our pitiful rigs.

Time to enter the euromillions lads...

The Post Code Lottery waaaheyy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I just had a jealousy stroke.

Gbear wrote: »
    I just had a jealousy stroke.

I just had a stroke....:eek: of a different kind...oops sorry:o

This will probably be removed...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

I havent really noticed any difference whether I have 1, 2 or 3 cards in the system to be honest. They top out at around 80c and the clock speeds dont vary between them much at all. The fans in them pull air in from the ends of the cards and there is plenty of space there.

Amazing setup, have you overclocked the Titans?what screens are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Here is my update...similar to viperirl except not as good :(

Spec as Stands
    -- i7 6 Core 3930k @ 4.7ghz stable.
    -- 32 GB 1866Mhz Patriot memory.
    -- 3 x SLI Geforce 680 GTX (was thinking 780's but one more 680 was 300 euro and get me over 9000 in fire strike extreme)
    -- 240 GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
    -- Data drive is a 3 GB HD and Backup 2 GB HD
    -- Asus ROG Formula 2011 Mobo.
    -- Corsair H100i in Push /Pull
    -- Corsair AP120 and SF120 Fans
    -- Corsair 800D Case
    -- Corsair Ax860i PSU.
    -- Corsair Red braided Cables for PSU
    -- Blueray drive etc.
    -- Catleap 30'' monitor
    -- Had to ditch my beloved Soundblaster Titanium HD cause it was throttling the PCI-e slots. On on-board sound which is OK. Happy with the look at the moment. Would like to watercool but need to recharge the credit card a bit first. Temperatures were and issue with the tri sli, but some careful attention to the airflow and its sorted. Tri sli does throw all sorts of odd driver issues but generally it works very well and give me about 25-30% better performance across the board. Game at 2560 X 1600 and it makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Time to watercool that shít, brah. (You too fitz)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Fitzy, lovely work.

I love the red detail on the radiator fans

BZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

By the Flying Spaghetti Monster...right lads, get to work, find out where viperirl lives, we'll show up, have a shoot-out and whoever survives gets the rig
    (sarcmarc)

RikuoAmero wrote: »
    By the Flying Spaghetti Monster...right lads, get to work, find out where viperirl lives, we'll show up, have a shoot-out and whoever survives gets the rig
    (sarcmarc)
    I'm with ya!!

glynf wrote: »
    Amazing setup, have you overclocked the Titans?what screens are you using?

I've overclocked them a bit but for gaming I generally just let them run at the defaults. Once I get waterblocks on them, then I'll put a lot more effort into overclocking.
    The monitors are 30inch Hazro screens. Limited feature set but they give an outstanding picture and are very heavy. They only have a dual-link DVI-D input though which is required for the 2560x1600 res.

• Advertisement

Fitzy, lovely work.

I love the red detail on the radiator fans

BZ

Agreed! The red does look great. I'm thinking of a similar theme for my watercooling once the Titan blocks come back into stock.

Advertisement