Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

viperirl wrote: »
    Agreed! The red does look great. I'm thinking of a similar theme for my watercooling once the Titan blocks come back into stock.
    what blocks you gonna pick up?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

deceit wrote: »
    what blocks you gonna pick up?

I'm going for the XSPC full cover blocks with the backplates too. I have one set already but waiting on more to come in.

I'm going for the XSPC full cover blocks with the backplates too. I have one set already but waiting on more to come in.
    Same blocks as me :). I nearly picked up both and had them in my basket but when i went home that day to buy them they where removed as someone bought them :(. My own fault for not buying them right then :(

I nearly picked up both and had them in my basket but when i went home that day to buy them they where removed as someone bought them :(. My own fault for not buying them right then :(

I hear ya! I missed out on a good few parts a few weeks ago. Now, nearly 3/4 of all the parts I need for the cooling are out of stock! :(

I had a mate over last night so taught I would do a temp loop until the card blocks are here :)
    It will look alot better with the memory blocks and all crystal link. I will even do crystal link between the rads, gpu's and rad at top to memory block. The only part I will struggle to use crystal link is the part between the top of the res and the rad

20130624_075403_zpsdfbd4202.jpg

20130624_080952_zps5f15e418.jpg

20130624_081005_zpsbe29e71f.jpg

You can click on the video
    th_20130624_075412_zps5616e099.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

Deceit, why choose a board with eight DIMM slots, if you're not going to fully populate them? Do you plan to in the future?

RikuoAmero wrote: »
    Deceit, why choose a board with eight DIMM slots, if you're not going to fully populate them? Do you plan to in the future?
    I have another 8*8gb sticks of ram. I'm just not putting them in for the moment as they have no covers so dont look as nice but I will put them all in when I get the ram blocks as the ram blocks need ram with no covers.

I have another 8*8gb sticks of ram. I'm just not putting them in for the moment as they have no covers so dont look as nice but I will put them all in when I get the ram blocks as the ram blocks need ram with no covers.

The build looks great and will look even better when you get the GPU blocks in there.
    What kind of ram blocks are you going for? Havent decided what ones I'm going for yet. Half thought about individual blocks for each ram stick like the Koolance RAM-33 but the loop might get messy and awkward not to mention overkill...but I'm gone past that point anyway! :rolleyes:

The build looks great and will look even better when you get the GPU blocks in there.
    What kind of ram blocks are you going for? Havent decided what ones I'm going for yet. Half thought about individual blocks for each ram stick like the Koolance RAM-33 but the loop might get messy and awkward not to mention overkill...but I'm gone past that point anyway! :rolleyes:
    I will pick up two of these and have red leds on it like I will with the gpu's and cpu block
    http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http://www.xs-pc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/memory4.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.overclock.net/t/1279319/the-new-xspc-ram-blocks&h=595&w=800&sz=69&tbnid=vZofaMzHdsIZ9M:&tbnh=90&tbnw=121&zoom=1&usg=__bmNedZrD6Fu89-mLfFPbiIDoicw=&docid=GkA34zZxz8DVEM&sa=X&ei=6BvIUduwIpCy7AbZhYDABQ&ved=0CE4Q9QEwBQ&dur=708

They will look the dog's danglies! Since I'm going for XSPC GPU blocks also, I think I'll do for the same for the RAM blocks.
    Blue loop for the CPU-North/South Bridge-RAM to a quad rad and a red loop for the 3 Titans into a quad and dual rad.

• Advertisement

They will look the dog's danglies! Since I'm going for XSPC GPU blocks also, I think I'll do for the same for the RAM blocks.
    Blue loop for the CPU-North/South Bridge-RAM to a quad rad and a red loop for the 3 Titans into a quad and dual rad.
    Can you fit two quads in a 900d? Yea they are pretty cool, just remember you need ram without headsinks for it to work. Also I wouldnt advise trying to remove heatsinks as some are glued on as they are really only for looks.

Can you fit two quads in a 900d?

One in the roof and one in the bottom facing out sideways.

One in the roof and one in the bottom facing out sideways.
    Cool, I was thinking about starting a third build in one, would be handy how as have a spare 480mm rad :).
    I will finish this one first though.

I just realised that these RAM blocks will sit quite high up off the mobo. Will that not make the loop tricky to assemble here given that the CPU, RAM, Mosfets and southbridge are all pretty close together??

I just realised that these RAM blocks will sit quite high up off the mobo. Will that not make the loop tricky to assemble here given that the CPU, RAM, Mosfets and southbridge are all pretty close together??
    Yes it will but with a lot of expensive 90deg bitspower fittings its possible :)
    I need loads of bits to make it work though.
    So far I need:
    2 * 7970 raystorm blocks
    2 * ram blocks with fittings
    10 * 90deg bitspower fittings
    Loads of crystal link plus associated fittings
    some more 30,45 and 60 deg fittings, not sure how many yet so might just buy 5-10 of each as can keep spare ones for other builds
    Approx 600 sterling left for the watercooling :p

ah ok, I thought the use of 90deg connections would be required alright. I'll end up with a similar setup here too apart from the GPU's being in a separate loop.
    The only concern I'd have is water flow issues in such a complex loop with sharp angles etc. Maybe with a D5 pump, its fine.

ah ok, I thought the use of 90deg connections would be required alright. I'll end up with a similar setup here too apart from the GPU's being in a separate loop.
    The only concern I'd have is water flow issues in such a complex loop with sharp angles etc. Maybe with a D5 pump, its fine.

I will have two d5's and might use my 3rd spare (well will be buying the 3rd one when I am working back out in my office on Friday as can pick it up then) in it if I am not happy how they are performing so with a dual loop you would need a d5 in each minimum.
    The d5 in mine is struggling a fair bit as the one thing standard d5's don't do well is height, might replace it with the uprated d5's with the higher head but for the moment will use the 2-3 d5's I have.
    I will be buying all the other bits first though before I think of upgrading them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I know its not much compared to some of the monsters on this thread but i thought id throw a few pics up of my build seen as i spent the day giving the internals a clean:)

i5 3570k
    Sapphire Vapor-X 7950
    ASRock pro 4 Mobo
    Hyper 212+ evo
    8Gb Corsair Vengence Ram
    128Gb Crucial SSD
    1TB and 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Have to say for my very first build delighted with it:)

EoinHef wrote: »
    I know its not much compared to some of the monsters on this thread but i thought id throw a few pics up of my build seen as i spent the day giving the internals a clean:)

i5 3570k
    Sapphire Vapor-X 7950
    ASRock pro 4 Mobo
    Hyper 212+ evo
    8Gb Corsair Vengence Ram
    128Gb Crucial SSD
    1TB and 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Have to say for my very first build delighted with it:)
    Nice looking rig :). You should try get the cables out the back of the case though :)

Unfortunately there is very little room around the the back of the case,side panel is flush and no space behind the motherboard tray:( Or at least i cant seem to get them to fit back there anyway:D

The builds yourself and viperirl have posted the last few days have looked fantastic,extremely neat and tidy.
    Think thats why i got depressed when i opened mine to clean it today:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Snip

What are your temps like? Have pretty much the exact same setup and found that taking out the top HD bay made a huge difference.

Sarz91 wrote: »
    What are your temps like? Have pretty much the exact same setup and found that taking out the top HD bay made a huge difference.

Currently with the 3570k at 4.2GHz and the 7950 at 1100 core and 1500 memory both are maxing out at 64C during gaming. Each game varies slighty but the top temps ive seen are 64C for both at those clocks. Does your case have the 200mm fan at the front? It does seen like the hdd cages are right in the way the air the front fan would be pushing into the case

Currently with the 3570k at 4.2GHz and the 7950 at 1100 core and 1500 memory both are maxing out at 64C during gaming. Each game varies slighty but the top temps ive seen are 64C for both at those clocks. Does your case have the 200mm fan at the front? It does seen like the hdd cages are right in the way the air the front fan would be pushing into the case

I've a 7950 @ 1250 core can't remember memory off hand. Have a 3570k to 4.2 ghz. Temp maxs out at around 61 degrees. I replaced the 200mm fan with two 120's and put the 200 as an exhaust on top. I'll be home on Friday so ill take a few pictures and stick them up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I've a 7950 @ 1250 core can't remember memory off hand. Have a 3570k to 4.2 ghz. Temp maxs out at around 61 degrees. I replaced the 200mm fan with two 120's and put the 200 as an exhaust on top. I'll be home on Friday so ill take a few pictures and stick them up here.

1250 core on air! And it's maxed at 62? Are you're this isn't your mem clock??

I have a 200mm fan on top as exhaust aswell,I have the case with window side panel, came with two 200mms. The temps were maxing out at 61C but with the warmer weather the max has gone up a few degress. Ye id be interested to see pics of your setup man I doubt id be getting them clocks on the gpu without the gpu fans ramping up to insane speed, even then I reckon id have ran out of thermal headroom on my card before I reched them clocks. My gpu benchmarking pushed the gpu temps to 71C on furmark so could maybe squeeze 1150 on the core before the card would get too hot, during benching anyway.
    I do have a few spare fans lying around aswell I could use but I have the case fans turned down a bit for less noise so dont wanna add to that, ive no doubt the gpu could go higher clocks but wanna keep the noise levels reasonable. If the card hits around 68C the fans become a little a noisey, which the gf isn a fan of, gets in the way of her watching made in chelsea.....

Gumbi wrote: »
    1250 core on air! And it's maxed at 62? Are you're this isn't your mem clock??

Sorry it's 1200 on the core. I can post a screen shot of it on Friday.

Sorry it's 1200 on the core. I can post a screen shot of it on Friday.

This 7950 or 7970 by the way? 1200 core is so good for those temps :P

@ Eoin, don't bench in Furmark, it's to intensive. Valley Benchmark/Heaven Benchmark is a much more realistic load.

This 7950 or 7970 by the way? 1200 core is so good for those temps :P

7950. Haha the noise off of the case fans the temps would wanna be low. Thing sounds like its going to lift off. Mad noisy.

7950. Haha the noise off of the case fans the temps would wanna be low. Thing sounds like its going to lift off. Mad noisy.

If they are 3 pin you can manually control them in the BIOS too slow them down.

1200 is fantastic for a 7950, though, can you push it any further on air? What's your voltage at?

• Advertisement

If they are 3 pin you can manually control them in the BIOS too slow them down.

1200 is fantastic for a 7950, though, can you push it any further on air? What's your voltage at?

Eh it's on 1.25 I think. I think it just started crashing after 1200. I didn't wanna up the voltage anymore but I kinda like the look of the 780 haha so I might give it a run.

Advertisement