Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I only used furmark after id got the overclock fairly nailed down wth the heaven benchmark. Figured that furmark would push the card about as far as it could temp wise so could get what should be the absolute gaming max anyway. In reality though card has gone nowhere near them temps during gaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

EoinHef wrote: »
    I only used furmark after id got the overclock fairly nailed down wth the heaven benchmark. Figured that furmark would push the card about as far as it could temp wise so could get what should be the absolute gaming max anyway. In reality though card has gone nowhere near them temps during gaming

I find futuremark doesnt get the temps up as high as say crysis 3 or even crysis 1 for that matter. Dont think it saturates the memory. I notice a 10 degree difference between firestrike and a 2 minute run of crysis 3.

I find futuremark doesnt get the temps up as high as say crysis 3 or even crysis 1 for that matter. Dont think it saturates the memory. I notice a 10 degree difference between firestrike and a 2 minute run of crysis 3.

Thats odd cause when I play Crysis 3 the max temp im getting is 64C but furmark pushed it over 70C although I do usually turn down the AA a bit in games so maybe that would explain it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Thats odd cause when I play Crysis 3 the max temp im getting is 64C but furmark pushed it over 70C although I do usually turn down the AA a bit in games so maybe that would explain it

Crysis 3 pushes temps higher than benchmark fore me. Turn everything up to the last and vsync, even if it's not a playable frame rate leave it running for a while and check you temps.

Just did a loop of unigine heaven for 20 mins with everything maxed and max temp was 62C. Ill load up Crysis 3 later and crank everything up for 20 mins and see what temps i get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Did you have max tessellation turned on? Heaven isn't remotely stressful without max tessellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Just did a loop of unigine heaven for 20 mins with everything maxed and max temp was 62C. Ill load up Crysis 3 later and crank everything up for 20 mins and see what temps i get

What are your VRM temps like? Dl GPUZ to see them.

Yeah had tessalation at extreme just 3d disabled and multi-monitor disabled.

Yeah Gpu-z sees the Vrm temps:
    Vrm 1: 68C
    Vrm 2: 69C

There was a lot of stories on forums bout Vrm temps on Vapor X when i bought it but i haven had that issue. Mine has two 8-pin power connecters not the 6 and 8 pin connecters that seem to have the issue

Was thinking 80C under benchmarking would be ok so have a little room

If you want a single program to monitor all of your hardware then try hwmonitor.

I use HWMonitor,Real Temp GT for cpu and Gpuz for the gpu
    Probably being a bit paranoid using them all but just use them to cross check for accuracy

• Advertisement

They are all reading from the same sensors so I don't think you need all of them :)

Ye a bit paranoid:P

Theres normally a degree or two between real temp and hwmonitor for the cpu,i dont know maybe one rounds up and the other rounds down..:D

Ye a bit paranoid:P

Theres normally a degree or two between real temp and hwmonitor for the cpu,i dont know maybe one rounds up and the other rounds down..:D

Nah they're all the same...

Jus played Crysis 3 for hour with everything turned up.
    1100 Core and 1500 Memory overclocks
    Gpu Temp:64C
    Vrm1:67C
    Vrm:68C

So not much difference from Unigine Heaven

Get that baby up to 1200mhz man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

I dunno if I'm blind or just ignorant but what voltage are you running it at?

Ye it was surpriseingly playable aswell,id been playing it with the AA down,fps drops in places but not too bad.

Sarz91 wrote: »
    I dunno if I'm blind or just ignorant but what voltage are you running it at?

At stock,ive never changed it.
    Used MSI Afterburner to OC it,i just set the power limit % to its max (20%) and brought up the clocks till i hit the issue with fan noise. I was at 1150 on the core but the fans were really really loud so decided to stop there. It did a half hour of unigine at max at 1150 with no issues other than the fan noise though.

A few of the lads on here have told me to look at fan profiles in MSI AB to maybe help with the noise and maybe push it further without it getting insanely loud

Once the fan goes over 48% its too loud for my liking

At stock,ive never changed it.
    Used MSI Afterburner to OC it,i just set the power limit % to its max (20%) and brought up the clocks till i hit the issue with fan noise. I was at 1150 on the core but the fans were really really loud so decided to stop there. It did a half hour of unigine at max at 1150 with no issues other than the fan noise though.

A few of the lads on here have told me to look at fan profiles in MSI AB to maybe help with the noise and maybe push it further without it getting insanely loud

Once the fan goes over 48% its too loud for my liking

If ya wanna change the voltages I found Sapphire Trixx to be the best. 1.25 volts is pretty safe if you're going to change voltage. Obviously don't just jump to that but I'd lower your memory to what it came as and concentrate on stock clocks. That's only if you wanna get a bit more out of the card.

Not the most expensive or the best preforming build posted but here's mine.

Could do with some more tidying but with a non modular PSU I found it pretty difficult.

DSC04436.jpg

DSC04431.jpg

DSC04432.jpg

DSC04433.jpg

DSC04434.jpg

DSC04435.jpg

7950 core clocked to 1200. I previously said it was clocked to 1250. My mistake.

Trixx.jpg

HWmonitor.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Y U PUT COOLER UPSIDE DOWN

Serephucus wrote: »
    Y U PUT COOLER UPSIDE DOWN

I got it second hand and the plastic cover wasn't on. I managed to put the cover on upside down. Yep it looks stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I think there is meant to be a fan speed adjuster that goes with the V8 Cooler

I think there is meant to be a fan speed adjuster that goes with the V8 Cooler

Ye there is. It comes with the stock fan. The stock fan I got was really noisy (second hand) though so I replaced it. I probably would have never used it anyway.

@Sarz91 Nice man, you did a lot better job than me with cable management, I like the way you tied the spare psu cables up around the back, really isn much room with the side panel being flush on that side. Must do that myself at some point. I tied them and put them in the bottom hdd tray:(

Did you have the hdd cage removed before you overclocked the gpu? Just wondering what temps you had on the card if you overclocked before you removed
    the hdd cage.

1200MHz on the core is nice and I could push mine to that im sure but i might have to turn the fans up higher for that to get the thermal headroom and I really like it nice and quiet. At 1100 and 1500 the only fan I can hear at full load is the 140mm case fan used for exhaust. I turned all the case fans down a bit aswell in the bios jus to make it a bit quieter, and my max temp is 64C when benchmarking.
    Does yours get loud at load at those clocks?

Maybe I should have went water cooling route, never knew the noise would bother me as this was my first build.

Although using water blocks on the gpu seems to be a lot more involved than throwing say a h100 on the cpu from what I read on here. One day maybe......

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Dat Wallpaper :p

@Sarz91 Nice man, you did a lot better job than me with cable management, I like the way you tied the spare psu cables up around the back, really isn much room with the side panel being flush on that side. Must do that myself at some point. I tied them and put them in the bottom hdd tray:(

Did you have the hdd cage removed before you overclocked the gpu? Just wondering what temps you had on the card if you overclocked before you removed
    the hdd cage.

1200MHz on the core is nice and I could push mine to that im sure but i might have to turn the fans up higher for that to get the thermal headroom and I really like it nice and quiet. At 1100 and 1500 the only fan I can hear at full load is the 140mm case fan used for exhaust. I turned all the case fans down a bit aswell in the bios jus to make it a bit quieter, and my max temp is 64C when benchmarking.
    Does yours get loud at load at those clocks?

Maybe I should have went water cooling route, never knew the noise would bother me as this was my first build.

Although using water blocks on the gpu seems to be a lot more involved than throwing say a h100 on the cpu from what I read on here. One day maybe......

I only got the 7950 recently so the HDD tray was gone by then. I did have a 670 before that though and it'd get up to around 65 degrees on stock voltages and clocks. Ye it gets pretty audible. The two 120mm intake fans at the front are on full gas as they're connected straight to the PSU as opposed to the board. It means the pc is pretty noisy all the time. It's not really an issue for me though as I normally just wear headphones.

The airflow in my case is pretty decent 3 120mm intake, 2 at the front and on at the side, 2 exhaust, 1 200mm on top and 1 120mm at the back.

@Sarz91 Ye I havent put a intake fan on the side, that would have to be connected to the psu so id have no control over it. I must throw it on though and see what it does for gpu temps. Ive kept the 200mm fan at the front, just cause its quieter really being the only reason. I must remove the top hdd cage, you can even jus see from my pics and yours how much extra circulation your case must have.

Just noticed your temps there on the cpu aswell, is it overclocked?
    I presume your at idle there, one of your cores was down at 8C!! think even without an overclock my cpu temps were around 20C at idle with a CM 212+ evo

@Sarz91 Ye I havent put a intake fan on the side, that would have to be connected to the psu so id have no control over it. I must throw it on though and see what it does for gpu temps. Ive kept the 200mm fan at the front, just cause its quieter really being the only reason. I must remove the top hdd cage, you can even jus see from my pics and yours how much extra circulation your case must have.

Just noticed your temps there on the cpu aswell, is it overclocked?
    I presume your at idle there, one of your cores was down at 8C!! think even without an overclock my cpu temps were around 20C at idle with a CM 212+ evo

Thats just one of the cores though. Ye it's overclocked to 4.2 Ghz. Mine idles around 20ish too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Thats just one of the cores though. Ye it's overclocked to 4.2 Ghz. Mine idles around 20ish too.
    Use realtemp or coretemp to measure cores.
    That 8c is obviously a stuck/dodgy sensor unless your living in siberia :P

Advertisement