Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

deceit wrote: »
    Turn the psu the other way around and you will get more than enough cable length to route the cables out the back and it will look so much better :)
    Serephucus wrote: »
    It'll also help your airflow. Right now the PSU is pulling a lot of the available air away from the GPU.

But I like the big blue light :o

I know it is something that I could do and I had considered it but I'm still getting temps in the low 40s for the graphics card which all things considered isn't too bad. I probably will look into it but not tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    But I like the big blue light :o

I know it is something that I could do and I had considered it but I'm still getting temps in the low 40s for the graphics card which all things considered isn't too bad. I probably will look into it but not tonight.
    I do like psu's that way up too but I would want a tidy rig first over the shiny stuff :P.
    Could always turn it until you get cable extensions :)
    Like in the pic below the case looks so much better when tidy :)
    http://gamerfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Corsair-Carbide-500R.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Nice rig but, I noticed he has the back fan pulling air into the case and the case is sitting in front of a radiator. Also, shouldn't the fans on the H100 be pulling outside cold air in over the rad? Then exhausting the hot air out the back of the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Nice rig but, I noticed he has the back fan pulling air into the case and the case is sitting in front of a radiator. Also, shouldn't the fans on the H100 be pulling outside cold air in over the rad? Then exhausting the hot air out the back of the case.

The radiator is never switched on, can't afford the heating :p

I'm pulling cold air in and then pulling it back out through the radiator. Really wasn't sure which way to put the fans so I said I'd try that first and then flip them around later on to see how it affects performance.

Corsair recommend pulling air in over the rad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWWFjsJONYc go forward to 2 min ) but, try it the other way and see what temps you get. Also can you turn the rad around so the hoses are at the front. You'd get better airflow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Scottius

Only grainy pics of the front of the pc for now, more to come.

Specs: GeForce GTX 650
    Intel Pentium G870 (3.1GHz)
    8GB RAM
    MSI B75MA-E33
    1TB HDD + 500GB external HDD
    Corsair CX500M
    Asus DRW-24B5ST Optical drive

http://imgur.com/a/6sQZq

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

You weren't lying when you said they were grainy :eek:

I have just ordered two hd7970 blocks as they are finally in stock so I will have new pics soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I have just ordered two hd7970 blocks as they are finally in stock so I will have new pics soon :)

Seems to be hard to source blocks for the 7970 because of different PCB layouts.
    I'm hoping to add another one myself when bf4 comes out.

What blocks did you go for?

game4it70 wrote: »
    Seems to be hard to source blocks for the 7970 because of different PCB layouts.
    I'm hoping to add another one myself when bf4 comes out.

What blocks did you go for?
    I went for xspc raystorm blocks as they will suit the look of my loop perfectly :)

• Advertisement

I went for xspc raystorm blocks as they will suit the look of my loop perfectly :)

Yes they will with the leds :D

Yes they will with the leds :D
    If your looking for blocks there are 3 left as 5 came in late last night :). For once i'm glad I never sleep :P
    http://specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/XSPC-Razor-Full-Cover-Waterblock-for-ATI-7970-Graphics-Card--Razor-7970---Raystorm-Style-pid-17070.html

If your looking for blocks there are 3 left as 5 came in late last night :). For once i'm glad I never sleep :P
    http://specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/XSPC-Razor-Full-Cover-Waterblock-for-ATI-7970-Graphics-Card--Razor-7970---Raystorm-Style-pid-17070.html

Hehe i haven't got the 2nd card yet but i want to match my first block which is this one ;)
    http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc7970-acetal-en-nickel.html

Hehe i haven't got the 2nd card yet but i want to match my first block which is this one ;)
    http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc7970-acetal-en-nickel.html
    I didnt realise they where selling them blocks again over csq crap :). I taught the new ones where big blocky things. I was trying to convince a mate for months to sell me his two of them blocks as he doesnt care about looks :P.

I didnt realise they where selling them blocks again over csq crap :). I taught the new ones where big blocky things. I was trying to convince a mate for months to sell me his two of them blocks as he doesnt care about looks :P.

Thats the thing,there "end of life" so hard to find.
    It took me about 6 weeks to get a backplate for that block at the time :confused:

Let me know if your mate changes his mind in the future at any stage as i'd might be interested in the card and block.Really depends on how bf4 runs and if its worth going with a 2nd card or not.

Thats the thing,there "end of life" so hard to find.
    It took me about 6 weeks to get a backplate for that block at the time :confused:

Let me know if your mate changes his mind in the future at any stage as i'd might be interested in the card and block.Really depends on how bf4 runs and if its worth going with a 2nd card or not.
    It gives a huge improvement in bf3 so I'd say its the same for bf4. He had one of them up for sale on adverts but withdrew it. When he's back from holidays I will ask him.

It gives a huge improvement in bf3 so I'd say its the same for bf4. He had one of them up for sale on adverts but withdrew it. When he's back from holidays I will ask him.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

Most of my watercooling bits and bobs have arrived and a new 900D case too. The reservoirs might be here tomorrow or Monday. Missed out on the Titan waterblocks by an hour or two I'd say before they went out of stock again. I was f@*king fuming. At least I got the backplates for them.
    I thought that the 800D was big but the 900D dwarfs it in everyway.

Over the coming week, I'll begin to start transplanting my current build over to the 900D and install the the two loops. Never done a watercooling loop before so this is a big task to take on.

Summary of the parts:
    Corsair 900D case
    2 x 480mm very thick rads
    1 x 240mm very thick rad
    Lamptron FC Touch fan controller
    2 x D5 pumps with a bitspower modkit each plus tops.
    EK waterblocks for the motherboard.
    XSPC waterblocks for the RAMs
    XSPC Raystorm CPU block
    Artic silver thermal paste and cleaner stuff.
    18 x Corsair SP120 fans
    1 x Corsair AF140 fan
    Corsair PSU cable kit(Red) + fans cables/extensions etc
    3 x XSPC Titan backplates
    Loads of tubing(1/2ID, 3/4OD) and fittings etc

20130704_140054_zpse0df179c.jpg

20130704_141126_zpse9885070.jpg

20130704_141043_zpsa654b0ff.jpg

20130704_140953_zpsd3674af5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Looks like a fantastic setup there. How set are you on looks though? Those Corsair fans aren't exactly the best things going at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

That is some case :eek:

You could fit a small human in there.

• Advertisement

Serephucus wrote: »
    How set are you on looks though? Those Corsair fans aren't exactly the best things going at the moment.

I thought about that a good bit alright. I figured though that with the big rads and large number of fans that my temps should be pretty ok. I based this on other builds in other forums that are using the same fans/rads and case.
    I want the build to have a good balance between looks and performance. GT's were the obvious ones for outright performance of course. Lets see then how these one perform.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I wasn't even thinking performance so much as noise. With that much rad, and pressure, performance is basically a given. I'd just be a little worried that with that number of fans you might get some unpleasant tones in your rig, etc. Worth a got at any rate though. Keep us posted. :)

Danger781 wrote: »
    That is some case :eek:

You could fit a small human in there.

Yeah I might need a small step ladder to work inside it. My other half just came in and said "Oh you bought an old Sony TV, what for?" :rolleyes:

viperirl wrote: »
    Most of my watercooling bits and bobs have arrived and a new 900D case too. The reservoirs might be here tomorrow or Monday. Missed out on the Titan waterblocks by an hour or two I'd say before they went out of stock again. I was f@*king fuming. At least I got the backplates for them.
    I thought that the 800D was big but the 900D dwarfs it in everyway.

Over the coming week, I'll begin to start transplanting my current build over to the 900D and install the the two loops. Never done a watercooling loop before so this is a big task to take on.

Summary of the parts:
    Corsair 900D case
    2 x 480mm very thick rads
    1 x 240mm very thick rad
    Lamptron FC Touch fan controller
    2 x D5 pumps with a bitspower modkit each plus tops.
    EK waterblocks for the motherboard.
    XSPC waterblocks for the RAMs
    XSPC Raystorm CPU block
    Artic silver thermal paste and cleaner stuff.
    18 x Corsair SP120 fans
    1 x Corsair AF140 fan
    Corsair PSU cable kit(Red) + fans cables/extensions etc
    3 x XSPC Titan backplates
    Loads of tubing(1/2ID, 3/4OD) and fittings etc
    Sweet looking kit :) Cant wait to see this finished :). If your selling the 800D when this is finished I might be looking for one at the end of the month, will keep an eye out for it on adverts just in case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Ordered my upgrades off Scan yesterday and they should be arriving tomorrow!

I'm getting the Corsair c70 case in military green, samsung 840 250GB SSD and Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card!

I'll post pics when the stuff arrives hopefully tomorrow. Till then here's what my PC looks like now...

If your selling the 800D when this is finished I might be looking for one at the end of the month, will keep an eye out for it on adverts just in case :)

I'll be selling the 800D alright once I'm done. Might take another week or two till I do so.

The good thing about a case that size is, it would be a bitch for someone to steal it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I'll be selling the 800D alright once I'm done.

PM sent

I'll be selling the 800D alright once I'm done. Might take another week or two till I do so.
    Cool, i'm not looking for one until the end of the month in any way :)

• Advertisement

PM sent

Havent got your PM yet

Advertisement