Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

viperirl wrote: »
    Havent got your PM yet

Forgot to send it :o:o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

viperirl wrote: »
    Most of my watercooling bits and bobs have arrived and a new 900D case too. The reservoirs might be here tomorrow or Monday. Missed out on the Titan waterblocks by an hour or two I'd say before they went out of stock again. I was f@*king fuming. At least I got the backplates for them.
    I thought that the 800D was big but the 900D dwarfs it in everyway.

Over the coming week, I'll begin to start transplanting my current build over to the 900D and install the the two loops. Never done a watercooling loop before so this is a big task to take on.

Summary of the parts:
    Corsair 900D case
    2 x 480mm very thick rads
    1 x 240mm very thick rad
    Lamptron FC Touch fan controller
    2 x D5 pumps with a bitspower modkit each plus tops.
    EK waterblocks for the motherboard.
    XSPC waterblocks for the RAMs
    XSPC Raystorm CPU block
    Artic silver thermal paste and cleaner stuff.
    18 x Corsair SP120 fans
    1 x Corsair AF140 fan
    Corsair PSU cable kit(Red) + fans cables/extensions etc
    3 x XSPC Titan backplates
    Loads of tubing(1/2ID, 3/4OD) and fittings etc

not jealous at all. nope.

maybe a little bit

Its gonna be a lovely build.

Loved building my first watercooled system

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Take lots of photos and keep us up to date plx!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Ordered my upgrades off Scan yesterday and they should be arriving tomorrow!

I'm getting the Corsair c70 case in military green, samsung 840 250GB SSD and Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card!

I'll post pics when the stuff arrives hopefully tomorrow. Till then here's what my PC looks like now...

What case is that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Lu Tze wrote: »
    What case is that?

Small%20(1%20of%2010)%20G.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Its got ugly vents in its side window which kinda spoil the look a little but I'll be looking to replace it with a clear acrylic window so the view is uninterrupted!
    I didn't think too well when I built my PC cuz quickly I really felt the need for a bigger case to be able to add more hard drives and a sound card which is why I'm getting a new case and planning to transfer all the bits from my old NZXT Vulcan case into my new Corsair C70 case this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Ordered my upgrades off Scan yesterday and they should be arriving tomorrow!

I'm getting the Corsair c70 case in military green, samsung 840 250GB SSD and Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card!

I'll post pics when the stuff arrives hopefully tomorrow. Till then here's what my PC looks like now...

The C70 is a lovely case,I used to use one. I would highly suggest you do this to your DVD drives (if you use any) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3vNs-JX5H4

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

Early days yet and not much too look at at the moment. Just a few pics of what I've done so far. Rearranged the drive cages to the front and had to sacrifice one to get the rads in the bottom. The one drive cage would do me anyway.

900d4_zpsd053da1d.jpg
    I've kinda underestimated the thickness of those rads. The connection to a CPU header on the mobo will be very tight. May have to loose that rear fan on the bottom row which might spoil the looks perhaps. Either that or just go with fans in pull rather than the push/pull in the photo.

900d3_zps400ae90d.jpg
    Grill off revealing the top row of fans.

900d5_zps05a92b21.jpg
    Bottom rads are the same thickness as the top. Fans are in pull mode. Yes, those keen eyed will notice I've the 4 fans in the wrong direction. :o

900d1_zps6af744be.jpg
    Xbox in the background sulking like a little b*tch.

900d2_zpsb195b8d2.jpg
    Dual rad on the bottom. Loads of room for cable routing.

Digy123 wrote: »
    The C70 is a lovely case,I used to use one. I would highly suggest you do this to your DVD drives (if you use any) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3vNs-JX5H4

That looks really cool! I'm defo gonna do that.
    So first mod is to get a clear side window and 2nd mod is to make the stealthy DVD drive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,182 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thats my case but I got the white version, much cooler

I did the clear window part, easy enough but get a perfect clear perpex unlike me where I got a scratched one

Nice!

Headshot wrote: »
    Thats my case but I got the white version, much cooler

I did the clear window part, easy enough but get a perfect clear perpex unlike me where I got a scratched one

I wasn't too sure on the colour too. I was really split between the black and the green one. Then the black was out of stock so I just ended up going with the green one. It sorta completes the military ammo box feel corsair is going for with the case. I suppose if I get tired of the colour I could probably spray paint it another colour or something!

Where did you get the perspex from? It's probably one of the first things I'm gonna do after I get the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Where did you get the perspex from? It's probably one of the first things I'm gonna do after I get the case!

I got mine in Smyths industrial stockist. Not sure if they are still around tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

viperirl - those corsair fan look the business. What are you going for as for tubing and coolant colour? What are you using for your SLI tubing....a coolant bridge or individual connections?

Soo much rad area....you will need LN2 mode on the mobo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

@viperirl that case is huge!!
    I know loads if people thanked your post but we are all green with envy :-) you lucky b*****d....
    Lovely build though. How well does play minecraft?? :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

viperirl - those corsair fan look the business. What are you going for as for tubing and coolant colour? What are you using for your SLI tubing....a coolant bridge or individual connections?

Soo much rad area....you will need LN2 mode on the mobo. :)

Thanks.
    There has been a lot of f'ing and blindling going on in my place as the mounting of those rads was tricky.
    I've made a few changes since the recent photos as I've changed the direction of the bottom row of fans around which means the red trim is no longer showing. Not such a big deal anyway as you cant really see them once the bottom lid is closed. It leaves me a few spare fans which I've used to replace the front 3 stock fans. Still some spare left over which is no harm. Might find a use for them yet.

Also I've removed the very thop row of fans as I will need the extra headroom for the CPU connector and the tall reservoirs.

Tubing is XSPC UV clear, 1/2inch ID, 3/4 inch OD. Coolant is Mayhem blue stuff. Some red on the way.

The SLI links will be the ones from XSPC, individual connections, but I wont be ordering them until the Titan waterblocks come back into stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

Looking back the last few pages, there's not many rocking AMD CPUs it seems. Time to buck that trend and post up my two systems. :P

Main Gaming Rig:

AMD FX-8350
    GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5
    16GB Corsair DDR3-1333
    Sapphire HD 7950 Boost 3GB Vapor-X
    Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Samsung 840 250GB
    Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB (x3)
    Cooler Master Centurion 590
    Corsair HX 620W
    Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212

5ZvXeh7.jpg

I really could do with a newer case that would allow better cable management, as this one is nearly 5 years old now. Plus it'd be nice to give my old 955 and 790FX board a home I guess.

HTPC:

AMD A4-5300
    MSi FM2-A55M-E33
    4GB G-Skill DDR3-1333
    Samsung Spinpoint 500GB (x3)
    Akasa Evo 98
    Corsair VS 350W
    Cooler Master Elite 344 Blue

YKrH0KB.jpg

I had originally wanted a mini ITX setup for this. However the micro ATX board, and case were ridiculously cheap in comparison, I couldn't justify not getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

z0oT wrote: »
    Looking back the last few pages, there's not many rocking AMD CPUs it seems. Time to buck that trend and post up my two systems. :P
    Heres a half assed amd build I have at the moment.
    It will be built up properly soon :P.
    It will be using the 480mm and 420mm rad's beside it also :)
    20130706_092826_zpsee4530de.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

My new PC setup. nothing amazing compared to some of the setups here, but Im still happy with it. It should keep me going for a good few years.

quick summary of parts
    8GB RipJaws ram
    AMD fx 6300
    MSI mobo
    XFX Radeon 7790
    500gb Seagate HD
    1tb WD Blue HD
    256gb Samsung SSD
    Corsair CX430 PSU
    3x revoltec fans
    Thermaltake commander case

1VF9hhsl.jpg

ATla4xql.jpg

Not the best cable management I know, but I did my best with a case thats not great for it and a non modular PSU.

uXSrqHOl.jpg

M0P8UZPl.jpg

nFLedBIl.jpg

grToS6Sl.jpg

I use an led light strip at night instead of a lamp or whatever, as I much prefer it. its easier on the eyes and looks pretty sweet when gaming :) (Sorry for the crap blurry pic)

zX4ITM9.jpg

• Advertisement

white cases f*ck ya :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

deceit wrote: »
    Heres a half assed amd build I have at the moment.
    It will be built up properly soon :P.
    It will be using the 480mm and 420mm rad's beside it also :)
    What's that board? A Crosshair V Formula? I hope you'll be attempting to get an FX chip to 5GHz on that if you're on water. :P

I Managed 5.2GHz out of mine. But in all honesty stock is enough performance for me, since I'm getting 60+ FPS in most games anyway. Also my Hyper Evo isn't going to be able to handle the FX at 5GHz, the most I could probably manage for a 24/7 overclock would probably 4.6/4.7GHz or something.h.
    CyberWaste wrote: »
    My new PC setup. nothing amazing compared to some of the setups here, but Im still happy with it. It should keep me going for a good few years.
    Nice budget rig! Those 6-Core FX chips are crazy value for money.

Also nice to see I've started a bit of a trend here! Keep the AMD rigs coming! :p

z0oT wrote: »
    What's that board? A Crosshair V Formula? I hope you'll be attempting to get an FX chip to 5GHz on that if you're on water. :P

I Managed 5.2GHz out of mine. But in all honesty stock is enough performance for me, since I'm getting 60+ FPS in most games anyway. Also my Hyper Evo isn't going to be able to handle the FX at 5GHz, the most I could probably manage for a 24/7 overclock would probably 4.6/4.7GHz or something.h.

Nice budget rig! Those 6-Core FX chips are crazy value for money.

Also nice to see I've started a bit of a trend here! Keep the AMD rigs coming! :p
    I will overclock it as much as possible when i get an 8350 into it and will easily go over 5ghz. I had an 8150 at over 5ghz 24/7 in my previous build with that board watercooled.
    Yea it is a crosshair v motherboard. I'm hoping for 5.2ghz+ 24/7 on it. I will also pick up an nvidia card for it eventually too.

After six long and painful hours I finally finished building my new upgraded PC!!

a3DsrWJ.jpg

Cable management being the biggest pain as usual...
    AeAsk1F.jpg

And all done*!
    9G0c0Jw.jpg

*Well not all, Still waiting for the pci-e riser cable to arrive so I can install my new Asus Essence STX soundcard and waiting for two Corsair fans to arrive...although I no longer have any free fan connections left on the motherboard so will have to power it straight from the PSU...

Also now gotta perform a clean install of windows on my new SSD but I'm too tired right now so will leave it for another day!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Scottius

Love the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Why not just get a fan splitter cable
    http://goo.gl/8OJTF

Why not just get a fan splitter cable
    http://goo.gl/8OJTF

I might have a fan connector among my PSU cables. Or else I suppose I might have to get that splitter cable...

GPU is running surprisingly cool though! Was playing Borderlands 2 and the max temp my overclocked GPU hit was only 61C! That's 6C down from what it usually hits.

CPU on the other hand is running 1-2C hotter but that's probably because I reapplied the thermal paste and the Articsilver5 thing says its gonna take 200hrs to bed in and the temp to go down...

Case looks great

Cheers. I'll posts some more pics later when I'm a little less tired with my DSLR so they should be better quality and you can see the case better...It does look pretty cool while the PC is running with the lights inside... I should add some custom lighting too though sometime...

Also need to get that clear panel for the side window sometime soon too...

• Advertisement

I received my waterblocks for the 7970's today so I taught I would create a temp loop while I decide what way to finish my full loop. I have a spare 480mm rad and an xspc drive bay res/pump combo so I just connected them up until I fully figure out my layout :)

Its really messy but I will tidy it up as I get closer to finishing the loop.

20130708_220408_zps513b3618.jpg

20130708_230315_zps1258c6ed.jpg

20130708_230320_zpsec22d9d9.jpg

20130708_230327_zps5ff20489.jpg

Advertisement